Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

CLEO, good news that you're not hurt too badly.

That's OK. I didn't think you were too much a drama queen. You're fine.

So, are you feeling much better, now?

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

PERSIMMON, glad to see you on the nest. Good job with your efforts. I have hope you'll reach your goal.

So nice to hear from you.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

SNAPDRAGON, YAY!!! one week AF is fantastic. Whew. Excellent.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

:thumbysup: Update on the Olive Garden. WAHOO. When we arrived our lunch buddies were already seated. When the waitperson arrived she cleared the wine glasses "if no one will use them".

I wasn't worried for my falling, just hoping our new friends would not have a tendency to imbide.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning! I'm just dipping my big toe in the water here this morning...I don't have hours to read but have to tell you all that I just finished my first completely sober airline trip...and what a difference it made. The previous one was just about a month before my quit date - and back then, the night before I flew, I figured I wouldn't sleep anyway - worrying about missing my flight, so why not drink to pass out? I was so hungover on the plane it was awful. And then the first couple days of the vacation I wanted to drink so badly...I wasted them. This time, It took me no time at all to adjust to the time change, and none of that dehydrated state that I always just thought came with the territory of flying...nope - it was the DRINKING and flying. It still astounds me how it affected every single aspect of my life for so long.
            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters!
              I slept in this morning until 7:36.....unheard of. My son was late to school, I did not get to walk him to school with the dogs.....BUT I am rested and feeling so much better today. I am so grateful for the nest and everyone who comes here....
              And the sun is shining and it feels warm already here! Can you guess I am in a good mood?
              I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just testing my new profile pic. Does it show up? My new motto when I get an urge...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Running! Your profile pic looks great!

Good day everyone- so glad to see everyone doing well and beating this monster one day at a time.
                  I am just catching up on posts- I spent the weekend busy with family doings! One of my daughters is getting married in early June and we are really busy planning and preparing for that.

I just want to say that I am SO HAPPY to be sober for all of this. Hang in there everyone, it just gets better and better!

Hope everyone had an awesome, AF day!
                  :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Running Aussie;1489251 wrote: Just testing my new profile pic. Does it show up? My new motto when I get an urge...
                    Looks great, love it!
                    Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters! So good to see everyone living the AF life! Lolab, it is amazing the ripples that AL causes all around us. I'm glad you had a great time and are back now!
                      Great to see new faces here, Day-Zero, and Persimmon. We are here to help you get AL out of your life for good! So hop on board. We are glad you're here! Please take a trip thru the Tool Box (link below) for valuable information on leading an AF life!
                      Your emotions will be all over the place for the first 30 days or so... don't be caught off guard by this. There ARE 2 people living inside you and one of them is Dick Head (Addiction Head). You literally have to starve him to death to get rid of him. BUT it will happen! When you get an AL thought, bust it out of your head! Say, NO, HELL NO! AL will not take one more day of my life! Learning how to control your thoughts is a real key in beating this thing! It is a skill and it is learned! And practice makes you better at it!
                      Hope everyone has a safe, AF Monday! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Whoop. 1 new week down and feeling much more resolve to accept that I am permanently done with the on again, off again "moderation" cycle from hell. As Cat put it, I've been stuck on the inside where the waves are rough and need to head for the tranquility of the smooth sea that are past the breakers. I'm on my way!

Thanks, all...for the unconditional support.

Be good,
                        Fin
                        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin, our FINE FEATHERED FRIEND!!!
                          FANTABULOUS WORK, there!!!!

You have fought the good fight, Fin and achieved a full SEVEN DAYS AL-free and we are SO PROUD of you!!!

So, on behalf of the Newbies Nest, won't you please accept this full moon award-

:moon:

And keep up the great work! You can do it, Fin!!
                          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Acceptance

Snapdragon;1489136 wrote: Byrdie something you said to me just before MWO went down a few days ago and I couldn't post back was that you won't be able to get on track fully AF until you ACCEPT that you can't and don't drink. Until you stop regreting, grieving and missing AL and find that final stage of ACCEPTANCE you won't truly get on with your life and move forward without alcohol.

I am now a week AF - YAY. Feeling great except for feeling like there are two people living inside this body at the moment!

From the time I get up until about 5pm I am a positive free thinking spirit enjoying my AF life. Then from 5pm until about 8pm this monster moves in and starts telling me how much I want a glass of wine - he literally takes over my mind and starts planning my next big binge, waves bottles of Savignon Blanc in my face and begs me to join in and I think of nothing else. Then around 8pm he gives up and is gone - and I am SO glad that I didn't give in.
                            Miss Byrdlady speaks truth! I'm having a much easier time of it, now that I've accepted that I cannot moderate or drink at all. I've just finished a book, "The Tao of Sobriety," that addresses the "voice" within us that clamors for AL. Like you, Snap, I'd plan an AF day, only to find myself, each afternoon, being frogmarched down to the market to buy a bottle! The authors of the book advise appointing the rational voice within you the Manager (I prefer the term "Caretaker"), the one that will thank the voice(s) for its input and take charge, guiding the self to health, well being, and love. Best wishes in your journey!
                            Friedabee is "free to be!"

Comment

Newbies Nest

friedabee;1489273 wrote: being frogmarched down to the market to buy a bottle!
                              LOL, frogmarched. This put a very funny picture in my head - thanks for that!
                              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

The voices!

Siren136;1489275 wrote: LOL, frogmarched. This put a very funny picture in my head - thanks for that!
                                You're welcome! Hope you're doing fine today!

And while I was being frogmarched, another voice within was protesting that she didn't want to drink today! So weird the mind.
                                Friedabee is "free to be!"

Comment

Working...
                                X