Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Had a serious arm wrestle with the voice in my head saying "go ahead". Today, I searched for a little inspiration and found this quote, from Rumi.

“There is a way between voice and presence, where information flows. In disciplined silence it opens; with wandering talk it closes.”

Best wishes to all for a sober Monday wherever you are.
    Free at Last
    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello

New newbie. I was looking on line for some answers and found a blog that mentioned MWO so here i am. Quick story. Drank for oh, 27 years. Cant believe I?m not dead or close to it. I drank pretty much every day. Not less than 6 and normally 12 or more beers. A lot of vodka and well, you get the picture.
      Ah lets see..I divorced after 24 years. I met someone else. Then retired from the military, married her and proceeded to blow that relationship. She was going to leave me. So I quit.
      I quit cold turkey. I have been sober since Nov 14th 12. Not a drop.
      I went to AA 4 times and dropped that. I just didn?t like it. What I was looking for on line when I found this site was an answer to the question of my inherent fatigue. I?m tired all the time. I have always been in good shape always eaten right and exercised 4-5 times a week while I was in the military. I still work out a little and eat very healthy, take vitamins get enough sleep. But darn if I?m just exhausted all the time. How long does this last?
      Just quit. Dont think, just do. God will help.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1489270 wrote: Fin, our FINE FEATHERED FRIEND!!!
        FANTABULOUS WORK, there!!!!

And keep up the great work! You can do it, Fin!!
        Thanks, Star! Acceptance is here. I proclaimed my permanent AF commitment to my wife who has been so patient with my struggle. I can tell she's tiring of the fickleness of my past attempts, so it's time...it's time...I accept that it's time to let go and move on.
        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Erik!!! Wow! You are just new to us! You got this AF thing down!! The very person to address this fatigue issue is having guests this week! Our Kuya experienced this same thing...she goes on to say that it just sort of lifted away!! I believe she speaks about this on our 100 day maintenance thread (please join us!)...let me go check that right quick...but suffice it to say, that this tired feeling you have is temporary, and will give way to a wonderful feeling of NORMAL!!! So glad you found us! Great job on your quit!! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Fin! HOT DANG! Look at your moon!!!
            You will be so glad with your decision....It's like there's one LESS thing to worry about!! You are doing GREAT!!! B
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks so much, S!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1489308 wrote: Hey Fin! HOT DANG! Look at your moon!!!
                You will be so glad with your decision....It's like there's one LESS thing to worry about!! You are doing GREAT!!! B
                Roger that. I'm gunning for the 100 day club which will fall on July 10th for me. At that point I'll graduate from the daily comfort and safety of the nest and hit the long term abstinence threads for a new AF life. That's my plan and I'm stickin' to it!
                Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Byrdie. i will look at the supplements page and time will tell.
                  Just quit. Dont think, just do. God will help.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, Friedabee!!!!

You just about slipped up on me!!!!

SEVEN DAYS of Kickin' AL's arse to the curb earns you a FULL MOON from the Newbies Nest!

We are SO PROUD of YOU, Fried- Your are showin us all just how it's done! Keep up the great work!

:moon:
                    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Erik, I can't find that post from Kuya on her fatigue lifting, but it was sometime after her 4 month mark...I will PM her and see if she has a moment to elaborate on it while she is having a houseful of visitors this week....Mine wasn't so much a physical fog as it was mental, thankfully, that lifted for me, too. So glad you are with us, this is a great place for support! We are definitely swimming upstream on this issue in our society today, but we are all proof that it can be done! Byrdie
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you, Starfish!

Starfish1;1489344 wrote: Wow, Friedabee!!!!

You just about slipped up on me!!!!

SEVEN DAYS of Kickin' AL's arse to the curb earns you a FULL MOON from the Newbies Nest!

We are SO PROUD of YOU, Fried- Your are showin us all just how it's done! Keep up the great work!

:moon:
                        No slippin' up for me! Feelin' wonderful with the full moon shining down on me! Thanks so much for the support, for me and all of the newbies!
                        Friedabee is "free to be!"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats New Mooners!!!! Friedabee, I am so happy for you, too! You will never regret the decision to get, and stay, sober!!! XO, Byrdie
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon Nesters!

CONGRATS today to Fin & Friedabee

Byrdie, I seem to remember the mental fog lifting for me around 6 months!
                            I assume it's going to be different for each & everyone of us. I think the imortant thing to remember is that we all have the ability to heal provided we are doing everything we can to help the process along. Good food, fresh air, some exercise & for me ~ learning to let go of the past & keep moving forward

Have a great AF Monday everyone!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

glad to see i'm not just in a "funk" feels like my head is in cotton wool half the day with no focus - ending day 5 and looking forward to day 6 with dread and exitement

Comment

Newbies Nest

By my accounting there are a couple of others going for an AF April that have 8 days AF now. Triple A's - please check in and claim your prize.
                                Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X