Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Wait just a triple A minute here!!!!

You guys better keep this crazy Star Straight!

I see two moons we owe for SEVEN PLUS DAYS- Snapdragon and Siren!!! Here you go, you two friends!

Siren -:moon:

Snap - :moon:

What a JOB, guys! We are SO PROUD of you! Keep up the great work!
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wowzers! Star's arse is going to be dragging from all the activity today! Well done, Siren and Snap!! The hardest part is behind you!! :H:H:H Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day zero. Good on you. Just keep going. The good thing about this is IT GETS BETTER! Thanks Byrdie much much appreciated. Lav, my head is A OK but my a%$ is dragging lol. Maybe if i hit the workout a little harder???
        Just quit. Dont think, just do. God will help.

Comment

Newbies Nest

My boss sent out an email to all the folks stating I was retiring...she was so full of it...I wanted to barf...If she really meant all the things she said she would not have given such pitiful and bad reviews and should have been promoted....NOT...she is full of it....shame...but she is giving me a cake and reception send off....LOL eat the cake.....such a mean and hateful person...but I am OUT OF THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Dottie
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest

The site is finally working! I missed all the great people on here. Still AF, just been working and trying to remain calm and the urges to drink wow do they come hard. Dealing with these doctors and trying to get a prescription is a pain in the a.... I was supposed to get a prescription and then he backs off and I have been trying to call him for 3 days now and still no call back, just his nurse tells me I need to talk with him. ahhhhhh I hope all you have been doing well!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

One week sober today. These are the things I've enjoyed this week: not waking up with hangovers, not feeling guilty, not trying to avoid people so they don't smell alcohol on my breath, attending my children's activities and actually remembering them the next day. One day at a time...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1489266 wrote: Whoop. 1 new week down and feeling much more resolve to accept that I am permanently done with the on again, off again "moderation" cycle from hell. As Cat put it, I've been stuck on the inside where the waves are rough and need to head for the tranquility of the smooth sea that are past the breakers. I'm on my way!

Thanks, all...for the unconditional support.

Be good,
                Fin
                Congratulations Fin! I hope to join you at the 100 day mark in July! It feels incredible to have 7 days AF - cannot imagine what 100 days will feel like.

Comment

Newbies Nest

kreeves;1489496 wrote: One week sober today. These are the things I've enjoyed this week: not waking up with hangovers, not feeling guilty, not trying to avoid people so they don't smell alcohol on my breath, attending my children's activities and actually remembering them the next day. One day at a time...
                  :goodjob: Kreeves!

Now there isn't a single day that you "always drink" - you have nailed each one of them! So... Just keep that up and you'll make it to that 100 day mark that sounds so great before you know it.

Keeping track of what you are grateful for is one of the very best ways to keep yourself motivated -- who wouldn't want those joys you listed?

CONGRATULATIONS!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Muppet,

I am doing the same, I can go 2 days a week without wine, but then I compensate by having too much. I really have to completely abstain, so difficult. I live in Israel and doing this completely on my own. Any ideas?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesties!

CONGRATULATION PATRICK - 6 MONTHS!! WHOOP WHOOP :wd::yay:

Dottie - take your cake and run - sounds like you're best off out of there! :l

Bobby - stick with it - you're doing great! :goodjob:

Kreeve - 1 week :goodjob: You, me and Fin are all at the same point - let's make a pact to reach 100 days together. We CAN do it!!

Eiti - make a plan, look at the toolbox - but importantly ACCEPT that you are not going to drink. If you keep making excuses (I've been good for few days so I deserve a drink, just one glass won't hurt, I'll try to moderate etc - you are just laying the foundations for massive arguments in your own head.) Make a pact with yourself - I WILL NOT drink for 30 days. If you can do 30 days - you can then decide on the future.
                      Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1489400 wrote: The hardest part is behind you!! :H:H:H Byrdie
                        That's the worry Brydie - all that bare arse you never know what's behind you!! :H:H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

kreeves that is awesome:wd:
                          I believe you get a reward......
                          I needed MWO so badly last night and then it was unavailable!!!! So I immediately got ready for and into bed and watched TV with teeth brushed. I wasn't craving alcohol but I was craving SOMETHING....It is weird, i have gone from craving alcohol to just craving and not being able to figure out what I am craving for. So, i have been having my fair share of cigarettes and cookies lately....more than is good for me (although any amount is not good for me) but I see it as a phase of my recovery so I am being gentle with myself about it. Once I have some good sober time under my belt, I will tackle those addictions. One addiction at a time for me!!! Luckily, I am a very light smoker and only smoke after 5pm (just like my drinking) and too many cookies really means a few cookies when in the past I NEVER ate sweets.

anyway, now I am rambling.
                          Have a great day everyone!!

Edit: I drank after 5pm but unlike my smoking, I was NOT a light drinker by any means........
                          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

in reading my last post I think I just realized something. I was craving MWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOL Jennie! Yes, so was I. It's funny how alone I feel when this site is down. I miss everyone terribly!
                              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Jenni

I know that weird craving and not knowing what it is! I've started eating English mustard with everything as I've developed a liking for the way it blows my nose off - and also fiery ginger beer (non al) which also has a similar affect. Must be the masochist in me!! :H

Comment

Working...
                                X