Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Siren

We cross posted - we're level pegging! Day 9 today - how're doing?
    Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 9 it is Snappy! Feeling great these days - you?

I have to admit that I love Coleman's mustard. And Sriracha sauce, too!
      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Siren

I'm doing OK - it is getting easier as I'm learning to cope and ignore the cravings a bit now. I feel absolutely fine all day until witching hour (5pm til about 8pm) then I feel like I'm climbing the walls. Took the dogs out for a late walk last night and plan to do the same tonight.

I've also been pleasantly surprised with my sleep - everyone talks about not being able to sleep when they go AF - the opposite for me - I can sleep for England. Been going to bed about 11pm and sleeping like a log and having to drag myself out in the morning.

I'll look like a spring chicken at this rate!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Abbers!

So glad to see the site up & running again

Good for you Snapdragon!
          Sleep is important, take all you can get! Pretty soon you'll be looking as good as Stella :H

Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

BOBBYS, rats about the Dr. not calling back. Sorry. Yep, when this site goes down I feel the wave across the globe of "Doogh...agghhhh". But, it always comes back. Last night I discoveed this site has been around a very long time.

As for me, yesterday was a long dragged out affair with several opportunities to "fold" and thankfully I came out AF. Dang, it was the strongest tug towards the dark side!!!! I made it home at 4p and stuffed my face with food and then glued my butt to my bed. Velcro would not have worked....I went for super glue.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

I posted this in a different thread but though some of the nesters might find the link useful

[I]Last night was especially tough because I couldn't get on the site (I log on everyday but spend more time reading and lurking than posting), but I made it through and got another AF day under my belt. When I couldn't log on I started surfing other sites and I found am AA document which really reiterated what people say here. Have a look, it may help if you have no access to the site

Have a great AF day everyone!

http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org....s_4_834303.pdf
              'The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed'
              Richard Brinsley Sheridan

1st goal: 7 days
              2nd goal: 30 days
              3rd goal: 3 months

Comment

Newbies Nest

'The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed'
                Richard Brinsley Sheridan

1st goal: 7 days
                2nd goal: 30 days
                3rd goal: 3 months

Comment

Newbies Nest

prettytulip;1489616 wrote: I posted this in a different thread but though some of the nesters might find the link useful

[I]Last night was especially tough because I couldn't get on the site (I log on everyday but spend more time reading and lurking than posting), but I made it through and got another AF day under my belt. When I couldn't log on I started surfing other sites and I found am AA document which really reiterated what people say here. Have a look, it may help if you have no access to the site

Have a great AF day everyone!

Thanks for this Prettytulip - I may print this and look at it when I'm struggling. :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nest
                    I am glad to hear Laststraw that you did not go for that drink. It is so hard when those urges do kick in. This siste has been going down a lot recently, I thought about a paid subscription but I don't know. Though the people and this site have helped me so much that when it does go down, I feel alone and empty strange to say about a site. Sometimes its down when you really need it. I think I just have to be grateful for the people Ive met and someone who dedicates their time to maintain the site. As far as these doctors, Lordy I have been to about 3 so far and its like a timed session and just see me back in a few weeks or a month and try this prescription. Now the fools are calling me at my work, leaving me a message well only my ex does and says I need to call her back and so much other stuff that I believe her and her guy friend are up too something. I hope everyone has a great day and of course AF. alcohol doesn't make anything better.. It feels so much better being AF you all know the no hangover part is the best.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep, no hangover is great.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all

If MWO is down there is another free alcohol related website that you can tap into:

alcoholism, alcohol abuse & addiction: help yourself withdraw

The forum isn't as active as MWO - but you can read and post and people are really nice and will reply. There is also a Drinking Diary that you can write on and keep track of your progress which I have found useful when needing to vent. I much prefer MWO - but this is an emergency back up if you need it.

Snap x

Comment

Newbies Nest

kreeves;1489496 wrote: One week sober today. These are the things I've enjoyed this week: not waking up with hangovers, not feeling guilty, not trying to avoid people so they don't smell alcohol on my breath, attending my children's activities and actually remembering them the next day. One day at a time...
                          Jeez, Loueez, Kreeves!!!

Sorry about missing your post last night and a HUGE CONGRATS from the NEWBIES NEST on achieving ONE WHOLE WEEK (plus a day, now) of WONDERFUL SOBRIETY!!! Ain't it GREAT?!!

On Behalf of the Newbies Nest, Kreeves, please accept this full moon- and keep up the GREAT WORK!

:moon:
                          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nesters....please join me in awarding highest honors to Halfway Content!!! On behalf of the NN, I hope you will accept this small token of a huge job.....your hat!

:goodtime:

In our world, it doesn't get much better than this!! 30 Days is a solid foundation upon which to build. We are so proud of you!! Would you have a few words for us? How you did it, what helped you along? Well done, indeed!! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOOHOO, Half Way!!!! Looks like you are doin it the RIGHT WAY!!! Congrats on THIRTY DAYS!!
                              :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star, the nesters are keeping us busy with their success!!! I am so happy for everyone! (jeez, louise, kreeves!!! I almost peed my pants!!!) B
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X