Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Everyone is doing great!! Erik, at 150 days, we bestow the coveted Flying Underpants Award! You wouldn't want to miss out on that!! So stick close!

I was having lunch yesterday at the Golden Corral...we know the lady at the register...she got in close to us and says...'be sure to check out that guy sitting over there! He has silver skin!' Said that he had Lyme's Disease and was given a medication that turned him as silver as a fence post! I tried not to stare at him, but it was hard not to. He truly looked like one of those mimes you see in a public park. What a terrible affliction. It made me think of myself and this disease of ALK. In the grand scheme of things, it's pretty insignificant....not being able to drink is the least of that man's worries...and the same for someone with cancer. This is something I can do and I can control by not drinking. So I'm good with it. I am counting my blessings! Have a sober Tuesday evening everyone!! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great advice again Byrdie, it's true, finally having clarity makes me appreciate everything I have that much more! Just another reason to continue on the AF path, to all the great guys and gals on the MWO a big thankyou for all your help!
      On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nesters, gather round!! We have another honor to bestow today!!! Our very own HALO has made 30 days AF!! On behalf of the entire nest, please accept this small token of a big job.....my dear, your hat!!

:goodtime:

For us, it doesn't get much better than this!! You came in, set forth on a mission, and you accomplished it! As you know, it takes much more than luck or hope...it takes a PLAN. We are so proud of you!! Would you have a few words for us as to how you did it? Well done to you, and here's to a lifetime of sobriety!!! XXOO, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have had a HORRIBLE day. Got home to a dog who got sick in son's room. a TOTAL STINKING MESS> cleaned that up and now I want to vomit. But boys: "mom, Im hungry....when do we eat....MOM....I'm hungry!!"
          OMG
          after cleaning up after the dogs, horrible day at work, exhausted and now I have to cook dinner. Help me God.
          The craving is pretty strong at the moment. I won't cave, but there it is. GO AWAY CRAVE
          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1489916 wrote: I have had a HORRIBLE day. Got home to a dog who got sick in son's room. a TOTAL STINKING MESS> cleaned that up and now I want to vomit. But boys: "mom, Im hungry....when do we eat....MOM....I'm hungry!!"
            OMG
            after cleaning up after the dogs, horrible day at work, exhausted and now I have to cook dinner. Help me God.
            The craving is pretty strong at the moment. I won't cave, but there it is. GO AWAY CRAVE

TO ANYONE WHO IS NEW HERE: SEE WHAT JENNI JUST DID!!!

If you feel an urge or craving or whatever, come post about it here, to people who care and understand. Just that pause in what you are doing can put your head in the right place to make the decision that you really really want to make. (And if Jenni had said she was about to take a drink, the words you are reading here would have been MUCH DIFFERENT than these!!! :H )

I hope the rest of your evening is better, Jenni! You KNOW we have to stick together on this!!!

Love, NS :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1489916 wrote: I have had a HORRIBLE day. Got home to a dog who got sick in son's room. a TOTAL STINKING MESS> cleaned that up and now I want to vomit. But boys: "mom, Im hungry....when do we eat....MOM....I'm hungry!!"
              OMG
              Thinking of you Jenni. I know the feeling you write about. Way to stay strong.
              RA

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks NS and RA....I can't tell you how much it means to have someone who understands simply acknowledge what I am feeling. Still craving but as each minute passes, it is diminishing and once I get a meal in me, I will be set to go AF!!!!!!

Nothing is worth drinking over.:thanks::h
                I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya NN'ers

Anyone heard from Hippyman? Just noticed his happiness was missing from the boards and sure enough, he has been gone for a week & he was really consistently here, wtf?

Sending you all good juju too! :l P.
                  "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1489923 wrote: thanks NS and RA....I can't tell you how much it means to have someone who understands simply acknowledge what I am feeling. Still craving but as each minute passes, it is diminishing and once I get a meal in me, I will be set to go AF!!!!!!

Nothing is worth drinking over.:thanks::h
                    Jenni ......have you got and do you use glutamine ? It kicks in real quick and for most folks works like magic.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks to everyone for their words of support! Feels good to be in the land of the living! Thanks for encouraging all of us Star and Byrd!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya
                        I DO have glut!! I will take it right now... it didn't even occur to me....thanks

and I miss hippyman too!! I hope all is ok with him
                        I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Persephone1;1489932 wrote: Hiya NN'ers

Anyone heard from Hippyman? Just noticed his happiness was missing from the boards and sure enough, he has been gone for a week & he was really consistently here, wtf?

I was wondering the same thing.......
                          "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                          ~Author Unknown
                          AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

OMG
                            Oh my word - I so know what you are feeling. You're staying strong and those hungry little boys will thank you when they're older for fighting that craving. Will be thinking/praying for you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Persephone1;1489932 wrote: Hiya NN'ers

I've been wondering about him too. Hopefully he'll check in soon.
                              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jenni, OneRedShoe and Fin :thanks:~ Gonna send Hippy a PM and send well wishes & xoxo's from yous too!

:h P.
                                "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Working...
                                X