Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Persephone1;1489981 wrote: Jenni, OneRedShoe and Fin :thanks:~ Gonna send Hippy a PM and send well wishes & xoxo's from yous too!

:h P.
    Great minds think a like.....I sent a pm to him earlier, gosh I sure hope everything is A-OK with him. :h
    "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
    ~Author Unknown
    AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wanted to put this out there

Amidst the complete and utter chaotic state of my circumstances right now, I have been searching for a bright spot and I found it. While I already know and have the privilege of being a part of the wonderful MWO community something dawned on me....the genuine concern for others and how people notice and inquire about someone when they haven't posted for a while. Such as Persephone1' noticing Hippyman hasn't been in the nest for a while. I just felt like sharing this thought and how it truly brightened my night. Much love to all of you. I am off to catch a few hours of sleep.....I hope :H
      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
      ~Author Unknown
      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1490026 wrote: Amidst the complete and utter chaotic state of my circumstances right now, I have been searching for a bright spot and I found it. While I already know and have the privilege of being a part of the wonderful MWO community something dawned on me....the genuine concern for others and how people notice and inquire about someone when they haven't posted for a while. Such as Persephone1' noticing Hippyman hasn't been in the nest for a while. I just felt like sharing this thought and how it truly brightened my night. Much love to all of you. I am off to catch a few hours of sleep.....I hope :H
        ORS, I second your thought. Sometimes the feelings of true loneliness creep in and trigger my depression/need to drink... then I look on here and see all of the support. This community is so safe and non-judgmental and the people TRULY care. I just want to say thank you to everyone for that. Currently I'm not as good at encouragement as some of you are (sorry!) because I'm still learning... but I hope that in time I can be just as supportive as all of you wonderful people.

Day 10... doing OK today. I've been ill the past two days but this morning I'm feeling much better. We are going to a rock concert tonight (One Republic) so I'll have to stay strong. It will only be my hubby and myself so that will help with any peer pressure to fit in. But usually I have a few beers at a concert so this will be a change. I will report back tomorrow.

Love and strength to you all. Best wishes for a wonderful day! :h
        Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

The only thing worse than being drunk, has to be being drunk at a One Republic gig. :H
          AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy Hump day

I hope everyone is OK & also hope Hippyman checks in soon.

Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday (Hump day).

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yesterday we had opportunity to "rescue" a family member form the airport, 3 hours drive away, and I immediately responded "Let's go". Previous to 2-3 months ago I would have been overhung from the night before and couldn't have dared it.

MWO gave me tools and encouragement to make good choices to be AF which allows me to live AF and have an actual life. Many thanks to you people. :groupluv:

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw.....isn't that the most AWESOME feeling? Me too....so many instances where at last minute I need to do something that involves getting in the car.....no problem!!!! When drinking, it would have been a HUGE ordeal or worse.....I would have gotten in the car.
                These sober references are CRUCIAL and must be stockpiled for future weak points!!!!
                :goodjob:
                I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

BTW, last night I was in the heat of a major CRAVING. Came onto MWO and got it out there. Received much needed support, simple acknowledgement and advice and got through the night without drinking. This morning, I am feeling like I am on top of the world!!! I feel so much better right now than I EVER did drunk. Thank you everyone!!
                  I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jenni it was always my fear someone would need me to pick them up or an emergency happened and I was too drunk to drive. I haven't driven drunk since I lived in the USA because here in Australia the cops wait around the corner and pull over every single car that drives by just to breath test them. It's a tough policy but it works - kept me off the road. With a toddler you never know when am emergency is going to occur and my husband and I were too drunk to drive every single night. But for the last 11 days I've been sober and ready for the unexpected. Seriously I feel like a more responsible parent.

Comment

Newbies Nest

RA
                      you ARE a more responsible parent!!! That is fantastic and a GREAT motivator to stay sober. My boys are now teenagers and all I can say is I have been so damn LUCKY that I never had to rush them to hospital in the middle of the night. But my luck would have run out. I feel that is true.

Now, I no longer drink. My 16 year old is watching his mom stop drinking. I am proud of the example I am setting for both him and my 13 year old. My 16 year old hasn't gotten drunk YET (thank goodness) but I know a lot of his friends have. But he has told me he just isnt' very interested because it has too many calories and he is a serious soccer player. Hey, whatever works. But I also think that he knows without me saying it that I am an alcoholic, and that my dad died of drinking, literally. He knows he has the gene and I think that scares him. GOOD!!!!!
                      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

What a great example to your boys! I'm sure you have alway been a great mum but I imagine now you are more patient, present and attentive. They must be so happy and relieved you quit. Good on you Jenni.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!
                          Patrick, you don't say much mate...but when you do it's a coffee-spewer!!

Jenn, it is amazing as I look back on things, just who IS watching....so leading by example is the best practice I can think of. You can't preach to others what you don't do yourself. I'm so proud of the new you! Having our evenings freed up is amazing! Having the ability to drive at night is empowering.

Hope everyone has a happy, sober Hump day! Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Persephone1;1489981 wrote: Jenni, OneRedShoe and Fin :thanks:~ Gonna send Hippy a PM and send well wishes & xoxo's from yous too!

:h P.
                            Thanks for reaching out to him...
                            Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                            Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1490026 wrote: Amidst the complete and utter chaotic state of my circumstances right now, I have been searching for a bright spot and I found it. While I already know and have the privilege of being a part of the wonderful MWO community something dawned on me....the genuine concern for others and how people notice and inquire about someone when they haven't posted for a while. Such as Persephone1' noticing Hippyman hasn't been in the nest for a while. I just felt like sharing this thought and how it truly brightened my night. Much love to all of you. I am off to catch a few hours of sleep.....I hope :H
                              It's true. I have slipped away at times only to be thrown a lifeline from a MWO member. You know who you are. Without your words of encouragment and wisdom, I would have probably never made it back to this point where I now feel 100% committed to this life long, life changing, life afirming behavioral change. Thank You!
                              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

I sure hope Happy Hipster is OK too...he's always so upbeat and encouraging. I hope his "girls" are ok too.

Jennie and RA - Oh to think of ALL the nights I was too drunk or passed out to have responded to anything that might have happened. Thank goodness it never did...but what if??? And now my daughter is learning to drive...I'm SO thankful that I will never put her in the spot to drive her already drunk mother to the liquor store for more beer. Because I KNOW that would have happened eventually. And she would have done it too, just to prevent ME from driving. What a spot to put a kid in...jeesh. Thank goodness that won't be an issue...

Fin - Glad to see you strong and committed...I have complete faith in you. Hang in there my friend!
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X