Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

So today has probably been one of the more stressful days of this move; if it could go wrong it did, if it could get more complicated it did. I have had 2 hours of sleep, an am exhausted. I actually felt like throwing in the towel today and saying screw this move and resigning to simply visiting my husband every couple of months until I had an "AH HA" moment; when my phone began to ring nonstop by "friends" in need of my "assistance", which more or less translates to me "doing" their deeds for them. I guess they thought that after time I would revert back to my old ways and then I thought surely they must be kidding! :nutso:
    I am in the middle of a cross the world move, trying to import/export a dog, while all though not rocket science, is incredibly tedious, time consuming and down right nerve wrecking, closing up a home, taking care of other lose ends, and God only knows what other tasks I may have forgotten about and will remember in the middle of the night waking in a cold sweat and so called "friends" need my help. Not a single one of them has offered to help me in any way. I quickly decided to put my big girl panties on suck it up and get things moving so I can get the hell out of dodge.....I have discovered the "F" you button on my phone. :H:H I seriously just needed to vent........carry on.
    "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
    ~Author Unknown
    AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1490424 wrote: So today has probably been one of the more stressful days of this move; if it could go wrong it did, if it could get more complicated it did. I have had 2 hours of sleep, an am exhausted. I actually felt like throwing in the towel today and saying screw this move and resigning to simply visiting my husband every couple of months until I had an "AH HA" moment; when my phone began to ring nonstop by "friends" in need of my "assistance", which more or less translates to me "doing" their deeds for them. I guess they thought that after time I would revert back to my old ways and then I thought surely they must be kidding! :nutso:
      I am in the middle of a cross the world move, trying to import/export a dog, while all though not rocket science, is incredibly tedious, time consuming and down right nerve wrecking, closing up a home, taking care of other lose ends, and God only knows what other tasks I may have forgotten about and will remember in the middle of the night waking in a cold sweat and so called "friends" need my help. Not a single one of them has offered to help me in any way. I quickly decided to put my big girl panties on suck it up and get things moving so I can get the hell out of dodge.....I have discovered the "F" you button on my phone. :H:H I seriously just needed to vent........carry on.
      You go girl! A relationship has to be a two way street to fit in the friendship category. I don't blame you for being annoyed ...I'm just glad you finally woke up to their selfishness. I've had those 'ah ha' moments too when you realise it's all give and no take and you wonder how you didn't see it for so long. i don't know maybe we were too busy drinking to figure it out.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1490404 wrote: What is Cascade Ice?
        Cascade Ice is sparkling water with a little juice. It's calorie free, sugar free and caffeine free. I'm sure it has something else horrible in it that's eating a hole in my gut but at this point I really don't care - it seems to do the trick and helps me stay on track in the evenings. There are a lot of different flavors and I haven't found a bad one yet. I'm chugging about four an evening. As long as it's not alcohol that I'm chugging, I figure it's ok if I have to pee constantly.

Comment

Newbies Nest

kreeves;1490433 wrote: Cascade Ice is sparkling water with a little juice. It's calorie free, sugar free and caffeine free. I'm sure it has something else horrible in it that's eating a hole in my gut but at this point I really don't care - it seems to do the trick and helps me stay on track in the evenings. There are a lot of different flavors and I haven't found a bad one yet. I'm chugging about four an evening. As long as it's not alcohol that I'm chugging, I figure it's ok if I have to pee constantly.
          I say whatever it takes.......sounds pretty yummy though!
          "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
          ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Running Aussie;1490429 wrote: You go girl! A relationship has to be a two way street to fit in the friendship category. I don't blame you for being annoyed ...I'm just glad you finally woke up to their selfishness. I've had those 'ah ha' moments too when you realise it's all give and no take and you wonder how you didn't see it for so long. i don't know maybe we were too busy drinking to figure it out.
            True....oh so true. When I first quit alcohol, one of the key things for me was to stop spreading myself so thin by always doing for others. It was met with great resistance at first, then kind of died down, I guess these so called "friends" thought they would give me a "cooling" off period and then try to jump back to taking advantage of my inability to say no, well they sure were in for a rude awakening. It really just annoys me!
            ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

kreeves;1490433 wrote: Cascade Ice is sparkling water with a little juice. It's calorie free, sugar free and caffeine free. I'm sure it has something else horrible in it that's eating a hole in my gut but at this point I really don't care - it seems to do the trick and helps me stay on track in the evenings. There are a lot of different flavors and I haven't found a bad one yet. I'm chugging about four an evening. As long as it's not alcohol that I'm chugging, I figure it's ok if I have to pee constantly.
              I would never ever drink a coke...but add whiskey or rum and I would drink a litre of coke in one evening easy. Same with juice, only if there's champagne with it. Otherwise I wouldn't want the calories. I can't imagine how many wine calories I have consumed. ugh

My new drink of choice is sparkling mineral water on ice with lots of lemon in it. So yum.

Comment

Newbies Nest

ORS: All I can say is that everyone in your new country had better be ready
                FOR THE NEW GIRL WHO IS COMING TO TOWN!!!

You sound like you completely know yourself, exactly what you want, and what you are now willing to take from others. Talk about coming into your own! I am so impressed with how you're taking on all aspects of your in-many-ways new life!

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

I agree, NoSugar! When I finally quit drinking I grew a backbone! I was finally able to say no and do what was best for me (for once!). It is quite a journey, this sober living, and not all of it pretty....we begin to see what was actually going on in our relationships, and how one sided many of them were. I may have shed a few friends along the way, but the ones I have now are true friends, the other ones were just using me for what I could do for them...sucking the life out of me. I'm so happy for your new beginning, and the courage that you have found to face these new challenges. Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

How is it you guys that people like us always seem to find people like them...or vice versa?? Ive pretty much jettisoned people left right and center lately but to be honest, Red, Byride, I thought I was the only one who seemed to end up with people in my life who just made me feel awful about myself in the end...

red, I know it's a pain in the ass to move especially around the world but South Africa?? Isn't that where you are going?? That just sounds...so...incredibly once in a life time...

And remember , if you hate it you can always head home. We're not going anywhere and oh what stories you will have!!

:l
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Running Aussie;1490446 wrote: I would never ever drink a coke...but add whiskey or rum and I would drink a litre of coke in one evening easy. Same with juice, only if there's champagne with it. Otherwise I wouldn't want the calories. I can't imagine how many wine calories I have consumed. ugh

My new drink of choice is sparkling mineral water on ice with lots of lemon in it. So yum.
                      RA - your drink of choice sounds good too. I'm finding anything with citrus seems to help. You are so right about the wine calories. I would never think of drinking a regular coke or juice (unless alcohol was added) and I would only eat healthy things throughout the day only to come home and night and consume hundreds of calories in wine. No logical thinking when alcohol has the steering wheel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1490424 wrote: So today has probably been one of the more stressful days of this move; if it could go wrong it did, if it could get more complicated it did. I have had 2 hours of sleep, an am exhausted. I actually felt like throwing in the towel today and saying screw this move and resigning to simply visiting my husband every couple of months until I had an "AH HA" moment; when my phone began to ring nonstop by "friends" in need of my "assistance", which more or less translates to me "doing" their deeds for them. I guess they thought that after time I would revert back to my old ways and then I thought surely they must be kidding! :nutso:
                        ORS - We all have to vent from time to time and I would say you have certainly earned that privilege given everything that's going on in your life. Interestingly, there seems to be a common thread among many of us who drink too much to spread ourselves too thin and have difficulty saying "no" to others. Stay strong and come vent anytime you need to.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1490409 wrote: Cool. I actually helped someone?! So far it feels like I've been all take and no give, so thanks for the "thanks". Have a great evening everyone.

Being good,
                          -Fin
                          Fin - you have absolutely helped me also! One of the things that comes to mind when I have a craving is, "Fin is at the same point in this that I am and he's staying the course." So, thank you for helping me stay focused!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ohhhhh thanks EVERYONE for the love....:h. It certainly does seem to be a common "problem" with people like us, spreading our selves entirely way to thin to help others, and usually seems to be quite one sided; as in "we" always give and "others" seem to "take"and abuse our inability to say no. Perhaps we did this because we were unhappy or felt inadequate with ourselves; therefore we constantly did for others hoping this would make us feel better in some way. I don't know but this chick has found her backbone and with each alcohol free day it grows stronger and stronger and you know what; I LOVE IT! :H I am actually going to be living in Swaziland, the Switzerland of South Africa. Yes, it is a once in a life time opportunity and I can't wait! I used to be really into photography which is something I stopped doing when I found my way into the bottle; I have dusted off my camera and am ready to rock and roll. I have also purchased and shipped several journals so that I may journal my experience. Kradle you are right if I hate it I can always come home, and I will always have MWO and all of you wonderful people no matter where in the world my journey takes me. :h. Much Love to all of you! I can no longer procrastinate I must continue packing.
                            ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1490026 wrote: Amidst the complete and utter chaotic state of my circumstances right now, I have been searching for a bright spot and I found it. While I already know and have the privilege of being a part of the wonderful MWO community something dawned on me....the genuine concern for others and how people notice and inquire about someone when they haven't posted for a while. Such as Persephone1' noticing Hippyman hasn't been in the nest for a while. I just felt like sharing this thought and how it truly brightened my night. Much love to all of you. I am off to catch a few hours of sleep.....I hope :H
                              :l
                              This community probably saved my life & you folks have become like family. I don't visit the nest much, but you are all in my thoughts EVERY day. I think this site is an amazing gift.

I sent another PM today and still haven't heard back and I'm worried about Hippy. What a helpless feeling and I dunno what to do? Anyone else hear from him? Any thoughts, ideas?

P.
                              "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1490477 wrote: Ohhhhh thanks EVERYONE for the love....:h. It certainly does seem to be a common "problem" with people like us, spreading our selves entirely way to thin to help others, and usually seems to be quite one sided; as in "we" always give and "others" seem to "take"and abuse our inability to say no. Perhaps we did this because we were unhappy or felt inadequate with ourselves; therefore we constantly did for others hoping this would make us feel better in some way. I don't know but this chick has found her backbone and with each alcohol free day it grows stronger and stronger and you know what; I LOVE IT! :H I am actually going to be living in Swaziland, the Switzerland of South Africa. Yes, it is a once in a life time opportunity and I can't wait! I used to be really into photography which is something I stopped doing when I found my way into the bottle; I have dusted off my camera and am ready to rock and roll. I have also purchased and shipped several journals so that I may journal my experience. Kradle you are right if I hate it I can always come home, and I will always have MWO and all of you wonderful people no matter where in the world my journey takes me. :h. Much Love to all of you! I can no longer procrastinate I must continue packing.
                                Hi
                                Interesting you moving to Swaziland - I grew up there and always loved it - beautiful and totally different to anywhere else i've been

Comment

Working...
                                X