Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, just checking in. I was sick for a few days but still going strong! So nice to be sick with something other than a hangover and not my own doing! I think I'm on day 53!
    Feel crappy but back to work with a smile on my face because if I'm sober, it's a wicked good day!!
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow Nursie
      Day 53 is amazing!
      I have lost so many days feeling crappy with hangovers. What a waste.
      I'm only newly sober and struggling to be honest, but determined to keep going...

Have a great day

notts

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Cloudy this morning after a night of thunder & lightning but no rain ~ strange!

Onered, I wish you the best on your adventure, sounds exciting to have a new opportunity. You are creating your new AF future & that's awesome

Hello & welcome to day-zero

Nursie, the late winter viral illnesses have been a real pain. Hope you feel better!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning and thanks Lavande
          feels good to be AF this whole week - makes my day seeing everyone "check in" in the morning's without a hangover

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters. It is lovely waking up sober and not feeling like taking a nap 15 minutes after "waking" up, huh?

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw;1490620 wrote: Good Morning Nesters. It is lovely waking up sober and not feeling like taking a nap 15 minutes after "waking" up, huh?

-S-
              Hi laststraw - I love waking up sober, but for some reason I feel constantly like taking a nap - this AF lark is simply exhausting!! :H
              Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Snapdragon;1490632 wrote: Hi laststraw - I love waking up sober, but for some reason I feel constantly like taking a nap - this AF lark is simply exhausting!! :H
                SNAPDRAGON, yes, sleepiness comes with the territory while healing from AL the Creep.

I have hope for a nice AF day for y'all.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw;1490620 wrote: Good Morning Nesters. It is lovely waking up sober and not feeling like taking a nap 15 minutes after "waking" up, huh?

-S-
                  Good Morning and YESSS! I can't believe how awesome I feel. This is the way humans were meant to live.
                  Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                  Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Persephone1;1490518 wrote: :l
                    This community probably saved my life & you folks have become like family. I don't visit the nest much, but you are all in my thoughts EVERY day. I think this site is an amazing gift.

I sent another PM today and still haven't heard back and I'm worried about Hippy. What a helpless feeling and I dunno what to do? Anyone else hear from him? Any thoughts, ideas?

P.
                    I'm worried too, but my guess is he'll come back when he's ready. When I'd cave, I needed space or distance from MWO as it was too painful to face the music, so to speak. We can only hope that he finds a way back if he did slip. Or, maybe he's on some exotic trip with no internet. Nearly impossible these days, but one never knows. Anyway, I'm sending good thoughts his way and thanks again for taking the lead on reaching out to him directly.
                    Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1490667 wrote: I'm worried too, but my guess is he'll come back when he's ready. When I'd cave, I needed space or distance from MWO as it was too painful to face the music, so to speak. We can only hope that he finds a way back if he did slip. Or, maybe he's on some exotic trip with no internet. Nearly impossible these days, but one never knows. Anyway, I'm sending good thoughts his way and thanks again for taking the lead on reaching out to him directly.
                      That's what I'm hoping: no Internet service. There's a place I've visited on the coast where there is no cell service, and no Internet, believe it or not! Add my positive thoughts for Mr. Hippyman to yours, Fin. You're doing an outstanding job, BTW. I've tried cross-fit, but required so many modifications (I'm just a tad older than you, I think), that it was cross-fit no more! Whew. That was hard.
                      Friedabee is "free to be!"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                        Crazy busy at work...everyone knows i am leaving so they have hit the panic button..I can only do so much and am NOT working any extra hours.
                        Poor new person starts next week..I will keep the commentary to myself and let her find her way..maybe boss will like her better....
                        Little old dog we were going to foster has heart worms..I am trying to get in touch with our vet to see if the this is an issue or if the treatment could be harmful to our other doggies.
                        Poor little doggie..owners threw him from a car...make me so mad...
                        Back to work for now...25 more days...
                        Dottie
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

In Chicago today on business....it is cold and pouring....lovely

Will be home by 6 tonight.....hopefully the cravings won't hit me the way they have the past two nights....recognizing it is due to heightened anxiety and taking l glut solved the immediate problem but I am going to start bumming out if this becomes a regular thing after more than 70 days sober!

It doesn't help that we are renovating my kitchen and demolition starts today....my husband forgot to tell me they were coming ....I found out at 10pm last night.....no time to move things where I want them to go and so they don't get dirty....I could strangle my husband today!!!:upset:
                          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Persephone1;1490518 wrote: :l
                            This community probably saved my life & you folks have become like family. I don't visit the nest much, but you are all in my thoughts EVERY day. I think this site is an amazing gift.

I sent another PM today and still haven't heard back and I'm worried about Hippy. What a helpless feeling and I dunno what to do? Anyone else hear from him? Any thoughts, ideas?

P.
                            I haven't heard back from him yet either, and am worried as well. I pray that he is ok.
                            "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                            ~Author Unknown
                            AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All. I am also sending Hippyman good thoughts. I also had to take a break from MWO when I was struggling with "myself" so if anything has happened we just have to show love and support (like everyone does a great job with already!!:h).

Ugh, eating sugary treats when you have a craving is not good. I did that this afternoon and now I feel awful. I'm glad the candy is (almost) gone from our house. I need to stick with my healthy treats. AL craving is hitting me now (of course, it's almost 5pm here in Germany). Need to stay strong and power through it. Water is just not doing it for me today. Deep breaths...
                              Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1490677 wrote: In Chicago today on business....it is cold and pouring....lovely

Will be home by 6 tonight.....hopefully the cravings won't hit me the way they have the past two nights....recognizing it is due to heightened anxiety and taking l glut solved the immediate problem but I am going to start bumming out if this becomes a regular thing after more than 70 days sober!

It doesn't help that we are renovating my kitchen and demolition starts today....my husband forgot to tell me they were coming ....I found out at 10pm last night.....no time to move things where I want them to go and so they don't get dirty....I could strangle my husband today!!!:upset:
                                I'm sorry you are seeing Chicago on a bad day -- it can be a beautiful city!

A new kitchen sounds pretty fabulous!!

You can take L-glutamine prophylactically for a few days to ward off the cravings from developing. It your liver and kidneys are ok, there shouldn't be a problem.

Welcome to the midwest !

Comment

Working...
                                X