Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Mein Sonnenschein;1490682 wrote: Hi All. I am also sending Hippyman good thoughts. I also had to take a break from MWO when I was struggling with "myself" so if anything has happened we just have to show love and support (like everyone does a great job with already!!:h).

Ugh, eating sugary treats when you have a craving is not good. I did that this afternoon and now I feel awful. I'm glad the candy is (almost) gone from our house. I need to stick with my healthy treats. AL craving is hitting me now (of course, it's almost 5pm here in Germany). Need to stay strong and power through it. Water is just not doing it for me today. Deep breaths...
    Have you tried the L-glutamine, MS? I thought it was especially useful when I gave up sugar and have used it occasionally for AL.

xx - NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone!

I am worried about HappyHippy too! I am hoping he's just taking a break and will be back with us soon. Whether he slipped or not we want him back!!

Dottie - That's so sad about the little dog...I can't stand any type of animal cruelty...makes me want to strangle somebody :stomper: I hope everything turns out OK with the little guy!
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1490688 wrote: Have you tried the L-glutamine, MS? I thought it was especially useful when I gave up sugar and have used it occasionally for AL.

xx - NS
        Thank you NS, I think I will. I have not taken any supplements so far but I'm really committed this time so I will look into it. Craving has almost passed... almost 7pm here. I have to go to the grocery store so I want to make sure it is gone so I don't dive into the mini bottles at the check out counter (grrrrrr dammit). So strange how some days are easier than others. Just gotta roll with the punches and stay strong.
        Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

That is the way to do it mien!!!!!!!!
          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1490714 wrote: That is the way to do it mien!!!!!!!!
            Thank you so much jenniech. I just decided that I will not go to the grocery store. I got my purse, keys, umbrella... then I realized that all I could think of was the mini bottles. The mini bottles... the mini bottles... maybe I'll just buy two. Ugh. I decided it's safer to look for something here at home rather than take the chance of buying liquor since that's all I can think about right now. Staying strong but it's so frustrating. Going the grocery store should not be so hard! :upset:
            Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mein Sonnenschein;1490716 wrote: Thank you so much jenniech. I just decided that I will not go to the grocery store. I got my purse, keys, umbrella... then I realized that all I could think of was the mini bottles. The mini bottles... the mini bottles... maybe I'll just buy two. Ugh. I decided it's safer to look for something here at home rather than take the chance of buying liquor since that's all I can think about right now. Staying strong but it's so frustrating. Going the grocery store should not be so hard! :upset:
              Way to go, MS! It is worth having a less than fabulous meal to avoid the stupid mini-bottles.
              Those things - and selling them in grocery stores - is wrong on so many levels!!!
              Hope the rest of your evening is relaxing. NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jennie and Mein :l

We are so proud of you! Keep fighting the good fight! It is tough, but well worth it. Jennie, I too, had strong cravings around the 70 day mark (and even after that). This is not to discourage anyone, but just to let you know it's not a bad sign or abnormal to do so. Just keep fighting one day at a time. It gets better!

I am sending the Hippy, Peace, Love and :angelgirl: I just know our Hippy is on some wonderful adventure with the girls and not sick-

but y'all, seriously, I think Hippyman is a Lady- REALLY and y'all keep calling her a "him"!
                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

The name is hippyMAN
                  I wish hippy would come here and clear up the confusion!!!

Starfish....thank you for helping me see that what I am going thru is "normal"

Business in Chicago is done and I am back at the airport getting lunch
                  Lots of drinking around me but no cravings now!!!

Mien......so proud of your decision to stay home....that is a powerful step!!!!
                  I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

HaHa, yeah, I guess you are right, Jennie- I was just remembering the Happy Hippy part of the name!

Hope the rest of your day goes well. Eat plenty of that wonderful, EXPENSIVE airport food. Then, when you get home, let your family know you have jet lag and just go to bed early! You deserve it!

Have a safe trip and See ya on the flip side!
                    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Uh oh Hippy...they're questioning your gender...you better get back here and CLEAR THIS UP...like NOW!!! :l:h
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Uh,
                        I looked at the "member list", there is no "happyhippyman" listed.

Isn't that his handle? WAIT it's hippyman. Never mind.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's Hippyman....his last post was 4/2.
                          Let's hope everything is a-ok with him and the 'girls'. I miss his happy posts, too!
                          Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

No
                            Just hippyMAN

Remember tess2? You can't even access her old posts....I think about her too...she was so helpful to me back at the very beginning....
                            I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, I guess they come and go. We will too, huh?.

Stay AF, friends.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw;1490737 wrote: Yes, I guess they come and go. We will too, huh?.

Stay AF, friends.

-S-
                                I suppose you may be correct. I however don't plan on leaving MWO anytime soon. . I love you people too much! I am pretty confident that Hippy hasn't fallen off the wagon. I sure do miss him.
                                "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                                ~Author Unknown
                                AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X