Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I do not know how to even begin here...so sad, disgusted, and mad at myself. Not sure where to go. I just poured out a whole bottle of bourbon. If it's in the house, I know I will drink it. I was AF for many months, lost a ton of weight and now it has all begun to fall back on me. Help?

Comment

Newbies Nest

TOASTY120, THIS is the beginning.

You began.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

TOASTY, Stick around and other nesters will come on board to welcome you.

What's up? Tells us and we will use our collective brains to help in your need.

You can read back over previous posts to get to know us. You could jump in and tell us your account. Whatever feels right to you.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Toasty! We are glad you found us! You've landed in a great spot if you are ready to get AL out of your life! Well done on pouring the booze out, that will save your poor liver the trouble of processing it! Be sure to have a look in the Tool Box, link is below in my signature line...there are 100's of tips and ideas to help you. Reading and posting is the best therapy! To be sure, you are not alone! I'm sorry that life has found you jelly-side-down, but we are here to help! Tell us what brings you by....Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

TOASTY, By the way, good job at pouring out the ....uh Creepy AL.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry if I confused anyone with Hippyman's name...I always called him "Happy Hippy"...and he called me "Winkie" (long story...lol)

Welcome Toasty! You made a first great step by coming here. It's not easy, but it can be done and it's so worth it. Stick close and read, post, read, post, read, read and read some more! I am sure you will find what you need!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 - that's because Hippyman was so happy. BUT I think there was a "Happyhippie" person on briefly. Good Hopes for Happyhippie, too.

You can tell us the story about "Winkie" if you want.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

There was a thread about how people came up with their user names and it turned out a lot of people used nicknames they had given their kids. I said good thing I didn't because I have so many for my kid, my name would have been "TinkyWinkyNuttyButt". Hippy cut that down to just "Winkie". LOL
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1490783 wrote: There was a thread about how people came up with their user names and it turned out a lot of people used nicknames they had given their kids. I said good thing I didn't because I have so many for my kid, my name would have been "TinkyWinkyNuttyButt". Hippy cut that down to just "Winkie". LOL
                    LOLOLOLOL

-S-:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Toasty120;1490764 wrote: I do not know how to even begin here...so sad, disgusted, and mad at myself. Not sure where to go. I just poured out a whole bottle of bourbon. If it's in the house, I know I will drink it. I was AF for many months, lost a ton of weight and now it has all begun to fall back on me. Help?
                      Welcome Toasty. Come on aboard. We're all headed to greener pastures and you can get back those months you lost, no prob. Stay close and we'll all help eachother get there.
                      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Toasty120;1490764 wrote: I do not know how to even begin here...so sad, disgusted, and mad at myself. Not sure where to go. I just poured out a whole bottle of bourbon. If it's in the house, I know I will drink it. I was AF for many months, lost a ton of weight and now it has all begun to fall back on me. Help?
                        First off :welcome: Toasty. Please try not to beat yourself up, it won't do you any good. Making the decision to kick alcohol to the curb is the hardest part, now all that is left are details. You have done it before, and I know you can do it again. Have you formulated your quit and remain quit plan? Checking in here has been key for me. So please make sure you check in often, there is always someone around. Sending you love and strength. :h
                        "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                        ~Author Unknown
                        AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1490688 wrote: Have you tried the L-glutamine, MS? I thought it was especially useful when I gave up sugar and have used it occasionally for AL.

xx - NS
                          NS...do you know if L-glutamine goes by any other name, or what the trade name is? I live in Spain and went to three pharmacies today with no success
                          'The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed'
                          Richard Brinsley Sheridan

1st goal: 7 days
                          2nd goal: 30 days
                          3rd goal: 3 months

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Toasty and a big hurrah for chucking that nasty bourbon away!!

I look forward to your check ins and reading about your progress. Stay strong and know that there are many people here supporting you

Comment

Newbies Nest

prettytulip;1490851 wrote: NS...do you know if L-glutamine goes by any other name, or what the trade name is? I live in Spain and went to three pharmacies today with no success
                              Hi PrettyTulip.

It is an amino acid - one of the most common ones in the body - and it can be metabolized by the brain, which is the trick as to how it works for us. Muscle builders also use it and so you often can find it in the 'body builder' section. I have never heard of it being sold as anything else.

The symbol is L-Gln and the Spanish word is L-Glutamina, I think.

Good luck! NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1490855 wrote: Hi PrettyTulip.

It is an amino acid - one of the most common ones in the body - and it can be metabolized by the brain, which is the trick as to how it works for us. Muscle builders also use it and so you often can find it in the 'body builder' section. I have never heard of it being sold as anything else.

The symbol is L-Gln and the Spanish word is L-Glutamina, I think.

Good luck! NS
                                Thanks NS. I'm going to try again tomorrow and I'll ask about it in the gym if all else fails....fingers crossed!

Comment

Working...
                                X