Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Evening NEst,
    Busy day over here, that's for sure! I think I mentioned yesterday that I have been under the weather and was out for a few days. I went back to work today, but am still quite ill apparently. Didn't realize how so until I couldn't really keep up with the demands and got out of breath, emotional, and started to cry about work, about my brother, about a song we grew up to, about how much I miss him, about work again, etc... (This I blame on pneumonia, lack of sleep, prednisone and my period, lol). But not even a thought of alcohol today. I came home and made a huge piece of salmon, veggies, sweet potatoes and rice for my beautiful family and I could feel myself feeling better as I tinkered in the kitchen and had my family around me.
    I remember it was not long ago I couldn't even imagine cooking again, let alone cooking without wine. Now, the thought rarely crosses my mind.
    I still have dreams sometimes that I've relapsed, and it crushes me until I realize it was just a dream, and I never have to feel like that again.
    Love to all of you, and let's keep up the good work. No matter where we are in our recovery, if we are HERE, then we can get THERE. But whatever got us HERE, is not gonna get us THERE. So we gotta keep up with our sobriety plans, and making new results for ourselves!
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Scared!!

In short, carer drinker, 15 years, @15/20 per day. Been feeling back/kidney pains on and off for months but yesterday it really kicked in. I've been cold turkey now for 36 hours and "seeing things, havent slept, no appetite, sleepy but cant sleep. I'm a newbie at trying to quit and am scared what to do. Any links to forums about "health scares".
      Thanks

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Billy D
        I'm sure the senior members will be here in just a minute to tell you what to expect, what thread to go to and lots of other good advice.
        I'm new here but I wanted to say hang in there, you'll be feeling better one day soon. Just make sure you really take note how you are feeling as motivation not to drink and have to go through a quit like this again.
        Welcome to the forum and hope to see you here for awhile!
        RA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry Billy D
          I should have added...I felt quite sick each time I quit drinking and each time I swore I'd never start again but I did. So that's where I was coming from in my comment. All the best and I do hope you find reprieve soon.
          RA

Comment

Newbies Nest

billy_D;1490878 wrote: In short, carer drinker, 15 years, @15/20 per day. Been feeling back/kidney pains on and off for months but yesterday it really kicked in. I've been cold turkey now for 36 hours and "seeing things, havent slept, no appetite, sleepy but cant sleep. I'm a newbie at trying to quit and am scared what to do. Any links to forums about "health scares".
            Thanks
            billy_D, :welcome: Is there someone with you right now? I ask this because it sounds as though you are experiencing some heavy withdrawal effects. Is it possible for you to seek out medical attention at this point?
            "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
            ~Author Unknown
            AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Argh...My partial story...

Thanks to everyone who said hello. I really appreciate it.

I have spent the day so bummed out. As I said before, I had this under control a couple years ago and was really doing well. THEN...I met this guy. Pretty much everything I wanted, even though I had resigned myself to living alone. I am a horse owner and lover and he is a horse shoer. We went on several rides and eventually just got together after he ditched his gf of five years, which I really felt bad about, they did not live together and I am pretty sure he was on the way out anyway...

So..although it started out great, I can see now that it's going to be a huge problem for me to be around someone who drinks, a lot. He's is not the creepy blackout meanish drunk person I am, but he drinks everyday .... and my own drinking has really escalated beyond anything I could imagine. I may have to just walk away. No idea what to do ri ght now...All I know is I feel guilty and disgusted with myself and have to figure out a way out of this. He did not stop drinking for his ex wife...and pretty sure that's why its the ex.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the quick responses. Yes I have someone with me. Been pounding down lemon water by the liter and finally ate and held down the food. If i keep moving around, find a project, I feel much better, the second I sit and try to relax is the worst time..

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello & welcome billy-D!

You have made a good choice to stop drinking now & take back control of your life!

Be sure you are drinking lots of water, tea....staying hydrated is very important.
                  Have you eaten anything? You really should have something healthy if you can, helps you to heal.
                  If you are alone now can yuo call a friend or relative to help out? Maybe they could at least check in on you. There is always a possibilty of having seizures when quitting suddenly, especially if you have a history. Contacting your doc, just in case is a good idea.

Please stay close & let us know how you are doing!
                  Wishing you the best!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cross posted billy_D!
                    Glad to hear your report. Stick with your plan, you are going to feel much better very soon

Hello & welcome to you as well Toasty!
                    Giving up toxic people & toxic relationships is something we talk about fairly frequently around here. Have you tried talking to him about drinking less? You need to put yourself & your needs first I'm afraid. Wishing you the very best!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

billy_D;1490902 wrote: Thanks for the quick responses. Yes I have someone with me. Been pounding down lemon water by the liter and finally ate and held down the food. If i keep moving around, find a project, I feel much better, the second I sit and try to relax is the worst time..
                      Hang in there billy.....I did not personally experience withdrawals.. I think it is a good idea to make sure that someone is with you for the next couple of days perhaps. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.....and eat what you can keep down. I know you are feeling rough right now but you can do this! Congratulations in making what I feel is the best decision of all; becoming free from alcohol.
                      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                      ~Author Unknown
                      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

should i start taking calcium pills and that "liver aid" stuff? chatting here has helped and having someone here has helped with the axiety that I think is part of the challenge!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Toasty120
                          Do you want to stop drinking? If so, you have come to the right place!
                          I can't tell from your post if that is what you want.....
                          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

L Glut question: if body builders use it, does that mean I will amass bigger muscles?? I don't want to bulk up (more than I already am)

Toasty120....just read further back and see that you poured out a bottle....that is fantastic!! I was never able to bring myself to do that. I didn't stop drinking until it was all gone.....anyway, if you want to stop, please stick close to the nest and post, read, post, read...you will figure out the relationship stuff as you get sober....The more sober days you have under your belt the easier it will be to figure out what to do..
                            I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie: you need to baby yourself....eating healthy is a perfect way of doing that!! But you also need to get cozy in bed and relaxxxxxxxxx
                              I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for all the support!

1 day down....

Comment

Working...
                                X