Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning all -day 8
    welcome toasty to the beginning of your new life - read all the posts you can - the folks here have a lot of help for us just starting out

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters

Dark & raining here atthe moment but the light are always on in the Nest

Just wanted to remind the newbies to go to the Health store here on the site & download the MWO book. That's where I got started, it's full of good info for you.

billy, the book will help you decide on supplements - lots of people do take Milk Thistle to help detox the liver.

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

goodmorning!!
        Oh how I WISH I could bottle the way I feel in the morning for the dreaded witching hour!!!!!! If I could feel this way all day long, I would be ONE HAPPY CAMPER!!!!
        Of course, I NEVER felt this way when I was drinking. It is my new high.....I got a good night sleep, I am getting a buzz from my coffee and I get to post my days on roll call and post here! It sets my day off to a good start!!

TGIF
        I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

I need to be honest: me looking forward to that morning coffee buzz is very alcoholic of me.....I need to keep that in mind....HOWEVER, I won't kill myself or someone else with a couple of cups of coffee!!!
          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Or chocolate, I think I've eaten all the easter chocolate in the house myself!
            On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
              I could not sleep so got up and made myself a yummy green smoothie..so good for me.
              Glad it is Friday and only 2 more weeks at this job. I have so much to do around here and for my dad that my days will be full for sure.
              Back later,
              Dottie
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jennie- I absolutely LIVE for my creamy coffee these days. I even drink decaf in the evenings because I love the taste so much. Couldn't be bad for us!
                Hi Dottie!
                Welcome, billy and toasty- we are glad you are here! You have gotten great advice already, just stick with us and we will all help each other!
                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters! Great to see the new faces! I would have never believed that living without AL could be so much BETTER than with it. Glad to have you on board!

Dottie Bell, I am jealous of your retirement! You haven't mentioned your AF days, are you doing ok with that? I checked roll call and didn't see you...I hope you are racking up the days...it makes everything more tolerable!

Jenni, your day is coming where you have that feeling all day long...and the witching hour won't be so bitching anymore! One night you'll be getting ready for bed and you'll say...'dam, I didn't think abut AL at all this evening!!'. THAT'S a good feeling!

Stay strong ev'body! Friday is just another day of the week, not a 'get out of jail free card'!! If you made it thru the last 15 minutes you can make it thru the next 15! Happy Friday all! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nesters! Big doings this morning!! We have a major award for thelaststraw!!! It is with GREAT PRIDE that I bestow on behalf of the whole Newbie's Nest, your hat!!!!

:day5:

30 Days of Alcohol Freedom! I remember when you first came here! I loved your name and your attitude! Well done! Would you have a few words for us on how you did it and what you've learned? That's always helpful to others. Thank you for being part of this family! We are so proud of you! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

So very well done to Last Straw.......you have done so well and been a pleasure to have around.

Welcome to toasty and Billy.......settle in buckle up and look forward to the rest of your lives

Comment

Newbies Nest

halo;1491093 wrote: Or chocolate, I think I've eaten all the easter chocolate in the house myself!
                        I can relate to that Halo!! I'm not even a big chocolate eater normally, but last night we went to the theatre to see a show (usually a good excuse for me to down a few glasses of wine) I ate a double chocolate icecream (small pot admittedly) and then a whole large bag of Cadbury's giant chocolate buttons! My husband looked at me like I was from another planet - and then I felt so sick all the way home - beats a hangover though :H
                        Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                          Byrdie I stopped posting on roll call because it was making me crazy...counting calories make me crazy too....so I am doing pretty well but not perfect but I am ok with that for now.
                          I am a little afraid of the retirement thing but dh has been retired for about 5 years and he wants to be able to do some things while we can and his cancer thing from last year has us both wanting to spend time together.
                          Foster dog arrives on Saturday we think.....
                          Back later,
                          Dottie
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks BYRD, KUYA.

I to stay sober I use the tools from this nest...just get through 15 minutes, get through this day.

Keep AL the creep out of the house, car, garage, shed, wood shed.

Fast forward is the biggie....what will happen if? I actually have been using fast forward on non-AL the creep situations. Fast forward works really well in any decision making process. Especially when the outcome of the fast forward is known.

Yep, like that.

Oh, then there is the "I just don't anymore".

Reading and posting is important. Keeping you friends on the nest nearby is important. I have a little saying, "just do it". Well, now it's "just don't do it".

Thanks for the hat. I love it. It fits perfectly and matches my outfit today.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Straw - A HUGE congratulations on your 30 days!!! You're right, that hat looks GOOD on you! You've done a great job...I'm so proud of you. The fast-forward trick is what keeps me sober too. I KNOW for a fact that drinking won't be a cozy warm night in front of the fireplace...it will be me acting stupid, stumbling around, driving drunk and possibly being reunited with my cellmate Diablo! No thanks!! Anyway, keep up your great work!!! :h

Toasty & BillyD - Take the first few days easy, treat yourself as though you have the flu. Your body is trying to get rid of years of poison so it's going to feel bad for a few days, but you WILL come out the other side feeling much better. Be kind to yourself!

Dottie - Wow...retirement...I can only dream of that! LOL Let us know how your new doggie is! I want to foster dogs after my beloved Sandy leaves me (which I hope is NEVER...but she is getting old). I just can't bring a dog into her territory this late in her life...so later on I will do it!

:yougo::yougo:HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!:yougo::yougo:

As Byrdie said, Friday is just another day (as is Saturday) and not an excuse to drink. A craving will never last as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up in the morning wishing you'd drank the night before!

:l
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone! Just a quick check in today. 12 days... woo hoo.

I noticed a few of you posting about sugar cravings and eating chocolate. I have had the same problems the past few days. Yesterday I gave in and ate a TON of Easter candy. Today I decided not to cave and ate sensibly today. No bread or grains, no sugar, just protein, fruits, vegetables and nuts. I can say that even so I WANTED the chocolate, I feel so much better after eating the healthy food. My energy has not crashed at all this afternoon. Just passing on the info!

AL cravings today as well. I'm going to the gym in a few hours so hopefully that will help.

I'm sorry I didn't get to read all of the posts... I must get back to work now. Love and strength to you all. And happy Friday!
                                Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Working...
                                X