Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1492268 wrote: Nesters, please join me in a big celebration for PrettyTulips!!! She has completed 30 days totally AF! On behalf of this great group of friends, may I present....your hat!
    Congratulations, PrettyTulips!!

It has been so nice to have you in the Newbies Nest with us this month. Now, on to your next goal!

:h, NoSugar

Comment

Newbies Nest

Outstanding job, PrettyTulips! I raise my teacup to you!
      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
      AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Friends :l

I am so happy to have this community to lean on when things in my world get more chaotic than I like for them to be.

I like to come here and read about how all of you use your great strength to overcome daily struggles. I like to read the words of guidance and support that are given in the nest, and I like to read about how proud you are of yourselves and of your friends here when anyone overcomes a struggle or meets a goal. And every once in a while, I like thinking that I had some worthwhile advice to offer someone!

I like getting ideas from you about how I can best overcome my struggles and I love having you look forward to my next goal with me.

I like being reminded that I need to develop an attitude of gratitude (still working on it, Lav :H) and I like being reminded that "there but for the grace of God, go I".

I like laughing at the witty comments made on a daily basis (Byrdie, to name one!) and I like the way we all show concern over missing team mates. I like when our missing members pop in, just to say hello and let us know how they are doing.

I like knowing that someone is Always around, no matter what time of the day or night (Kuya, on the other side of my world).

Today, I am feeling a little bit down and have decided the best thing for me to do is to do something nice for someone else. (Got that idea from my friend Byrdie.)

So, I am thanking you all for the love and support you give to me and to others :thanks: and I am going to make a donation to an animal shelter. As many dog lovers as we have on this site, I think that would make us all feel better!

Off to have a better day and wishing you all the same!

:h Star
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the note, Star...and donation. I've updated my avatar to show off Baron - the greatest lab of all time up on Peak 10.
          Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
          Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

You are more than welcome, Fin! I hope our donation helps some lil unfortunate doggies get owners like us!

And Pinecone, I am always happy to see you!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, guys! When I was searching for a place to donate, I found a site called Starfish Animal Rescue! What a coincidence. I am not advertising for them at all, I just thought this was an awesome coincidence. It's a no kill shelter. I liked the story they had on their website. I am going to send them a lil donation. Have a great day, all!

The Starfish Story

There is a man walking on the beach. In the distance he sees a boy throwing something into the ocean. As he gets closer, he sees the boy is surrounded by starfish that have washed up in the tide. The boy reaches down, picks up another starfish and throws it in the water. The man questions the boy, “Don’t you see how many there are? You will never be able to make a difference.” The boy picks up another starfish, throws it into the ocean and says, “I made a difference for that one.”

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fallen Angel posted this in the Encouragement Thread. I think we need it in the Nest today:

FallenAngel;1492316 wrote:

The Freedom of Truth

The truth of who you are is much more beautiful and valuable than any deception you could construct. The more honest you are with yourself and with others, the more you?ll tap into the real and lasting value in your life.

When you tell a lie or hide the truth, it brings you down. When you deceive or exaggerate to make yourself look better, you?re sending a negative, destructive message to yourself. Consider the damage to your own confidence that occurs when you attempt to appear as someone you?re not, just to win the approval of others. The person you pretend to be can never even come close to being as valuable as the person you really are.

Live in truth and let the real person you are shine brightly. Respect and value what is true, rather than what is convenient for the moment. When seeking to be the best you can be, nothing is more important than living truthfully. Be who you are, tell it like it is, and enjoy the real and lasting freedom of the truth.

? Ralph Marston
                Thank you, Fallen Angel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1492321 wrote: Good Morning, Friends :l

I am so happy to have this community to lean on when things in my world get more chaotic than I like for them to be.

I like to come here and read about how all of you use your great strength to overcome daily struggles. I like to read the words of guidance and support that are given in the nest, and I like to read about how proud you are of yourselves and of your friends here when anyone overcomes a struggle or meets a goal. And every once in a while, I like thinking that I had some worthwhile advice to offer someone!

I like getting ideas from you about how I can best overcome my struggles and I love having you look forward to my next goal with me.

I like being reminded that I need to develop an attitude of gratitude (still working on it, Lav :H) and I like being reminded that "there but for the grace of God, go I".

I like laughing at the witty comments made on a daily basis (Byrdie, to name one!) and I like the way we all show concern over missing team mates. I like when our missing members pop in, just to say hello and let us know how they are doing.

I like knowing that someone is Always around, no matter what time of the day or night (Kuya, on the other side of my world).

Today, I am feeling a little bit down and have decided the best thing for me to do is to do something nice for someone else. (Got that idea from my friend Byrdie.)

So, I am thanking you all for the love and support you give to me and to others :thanks: and I am going to make a donation to an animal shelter. As many dog lovers as we have on this site, I think that would make us all feel better!

Off to have a better day and wishing you all the same!

:h Star
                  I like your style.
                  Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippyman;1492361 wrote: I like your style.
                    Dude, you're back! Where you been, buddy?
                    Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippyman;1492361 wrote: I like your style.
                      Yours however, leaves a lot to be desired.

Hippyman doesn't exist.
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATS Pretty Tulips

K9, I'm with you one this one......
                        there is no such thing as Hippyman & I really think it's time to report this fraud!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav and K9: you mean he NEVER existed? Even before?
                          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

jennie,
                            To the best of my knowledge the member known as Evie.Lou was banned from MWO in 2009 after stirring up a lot of disturbance. The member known as Hippyman is actually Evie.Lou trying to wiggle her way back in. It's ridiculous & I am afraid a lot of people have been duped. Sad, really.
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Pretty Tulips!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande,
                                How did you find out the truth about Hippyman??? Why would someone come to this site and spend time and energy trying to promote the benefits of sobriety and discussing their problems with AL unless they needed help?As a newbie, I find it really strange , I know I am here because I desperately need the help and I am receiving it....
                                On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Working...
                                X