Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

EvieLou/Hippyman admitted to it on another thread (a couple of them actually). Although both of those threads have since been deleted!!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1492322 wrote: Thanks for the note, Star...and donation. I've updated my avatar to show off Baron - the greatest lab of all time up on Peak 10.
      Fin; I beg to differ. I am pretty sure that my Maggie is the greatest lab of all time :H:H
      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
      ~Author Unknown
      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Halo, I couldn't agree more. This place saves lives....it must have meant a great deal to Hippy to return under another identity. Maybe part of the reason for the hurt is how exposed we all are here. But for Hippy to WANT to come back so badly that she played the part in order to receive and get help...well, that speaks volumes for the site itself. This place is important to all of us. Any of us could be her....you know how AL makes us! I'm not saying what happened was right or wrong (I wasn't here then), but we can do better than this....let us move on....Hippy did a lot of good for folks here....she got drunk and screwed up. I will raise my hand that I have regretted MANY things I did while drunk. Does she need help? Yes. We all do and that's why we are here. None of us are without fault. She helped a lot of people and everyone thought highly of her....This place isn't for people without AL problems. We have all done some shameful things under the influence of AL....looks like we could be a little more forgiving when one of our own turns out to be human. Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, I always enjoy your words of wisdom. I just know I wouldn't spend the time here unless I really needed it and I assume that must be the reality for the majority of people who post to the MWO.
          No amount of fraudulent or unruly posts can take away from the excellent advice and words of encouragement I have recieved from members of this site. Byrdie thanks for all you do!

AWESOME 30 DAYS Pretty Tulip :goodjob:
          On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1492583 wrote: Fin; I beg to differ. I am pretty sure that my Maggie is the greatest lab of all time :H:H
            Baron gets his bowl when he's hungry, fetches the newspaper, closes doors...actually slams them when he's mad, can flush a pheasant like no other, has ears of velvet and is just the biggest darn lover I've ever come across. Maybe Maggie and Baron should meet? Ha-ha...
            Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
            Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

My issue with this thing is I (seriously) resent the manipulation of good-hearted, helpful people here by someone who obviously needs some inpatient help. Yes, we all have/had AL problems but the large majority of us would never ever take advantage of other members. That behavior is aggressive, controlling, makes victims out of the good souls here & is a gigantic turn-off for me

Lav has spoken :H
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1492597 wrote: Lav has spoken :H
                Yes she has! LOL :H

I just don't like being lied to. I can accept anything as long as it's the truth...no matter how horrible, rotten or crummy it is...just tell the truth. Anyway, I don't want new members to think that we are picking on anyone or harboring resentments....the person in question has disappeared anyway!
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks byrd, lavande and K9....I REALLY needed to hear ALL of that. I feel very manipulated and hurt too. This person could not possibly be mentally well......So, I am moving on.....Earlier today I was so upset that I thought about throwing in the towel as far as MWO is concerned.....but that would only hurt ME. I need you guys!!!:h
                  I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1492621 wrote: thanks byrd, lavande and K9....I REALLY needed to hear ALL of that. I feel very manipulated and hurt too. This person could not possibly be mentally well......So, I am moving on.....Earlier today I was so upset that I thought about throwing in the towel as far as MWO is concerned.....but that would only hurt ME. I need you guys!!!:h
                    Negative...don't you go anywhere! Let's look forward and get on with what we came here to do. That said, sorry for all the hurt feelings. It's all just bizarre to me. Oh well. Onward!
                    Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=Fin;1492596]Baron gets his bowl when he's hungry, fetches the newspaper, closes doors...actually slams them when he's mad, can flush a pheasant like no other, has ears of velvet and is just the biggest darn lover I've ever come across. Maybe Maggie and Baron should meet? Ha-ha...[/

Fin.....
                      So Baron and Maggie could quite possibly be a match made in heaven if they ever met. Maggie bangs her food bowl when she is hungry and opens the pantry door where her food is kept. She brings me my running shoes when it is time for a walk and will hide my work shoes when she sees me getting ready for work. I have never hunted with her, but she isn't afraid of loud booms, she has a terrific tracking nose and can sniff out pretty much anything I want her to. She has a coat of silk and is a shinny as a wet seal. And just like Baron....is the BIGGEST lover ever. She curls her body around me when we sleep, most often around my head. Her favorite things besides food, morning snuggle time, and tummy time which are belly kisses. Yes I kiss my Maggie's tummy. :H:H:H. Fin this could be a match made in heaven. :H:H
                      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                      ~Author Unknown
                      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, Jenni!!! Remember when I told you I used to eat AT people and drink AT them....until I became a fat drunk!! All that does is hurt US!!! Stay the course and you will never be sorry[Iand [/I]we won't have these issues! AL IS THE PROBLEM!!

Tonight's dinner? Spaghetti and meatloaf cubes. (leftovers, with a twist!)
                        My doggie loves belly bubbles, too!!! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

byrd
                          I would not drink over this!! I might not come to MWO anymore, but I did not consider drinking.....but I have calmed down....I am over it. I can't leave MWO.....without it I could surely fall.
                          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yippee!! Finally....I?ve got my hat! :H Thank you all for your well wishes and support. Never in a million years did I think that I would make it to day 30! But I did...and I?m so damn proud of myself! And you should all be proud of yourselves too - you've all played a big part in making my dream a reality. I?ve partied sober, cooked sober, been out for dinner sober, stayed sober on the beach, relaxed without drinking and been bored without hitting the bottle.... None of which I could have done without each and everyone of you here. So thank you all...you?re my heroes

But why, with this strength that I?ve found and the achievements that I?ve made, do I feel empty and flat? The alcohol demon is sat on my shoulder telling me that I?ve done my time and that I can go ?back? to being a normal drinker now. I know that this is nonsense- I never have been, nor can I ever be a ?normal drinker? ? but I can?t shake this feeling off. I want to fast forward to the point where AF living is ?normal?, and not a daily struggle. Does that ever happen?

Sorry to be on a bit of a downer. I AM going to reach my next goal and beyond, I just didn't expect to feel like this today
                            'The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed'
                            Richard Brinsley Sheridan

1st goal: 7 days
                            2nd goal: 30 days
                            3rd goal: 3 months

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well said jenniech....
                              Over the years I reached out to a variety of avenues to find help to cope with AL, a therapist, AA to name a few. Believe it or not, I have found the most success with the MWO...and no unstable blogger will influence me in abandoning the one place I have been able to get 30 AF days and I mean no one...I associate face to face with many unstable, unusual people every day, and my motto is always "Be polite, and then move on..."

I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise that individuals with those same characteristics are on this site, in order for MWO to really work for me, I choose to adopt a similar motto "stay true when posting and carry on"
                              On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tulip ,I think most of us had the same feelings at the same time,stick with it it does get easier but it takes work and time.You are doing great keep up the good work.
                                AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Working...
                                X