Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Oh my gosh Pretty Tulip, I felt exactly the same way on my 30 days!!! It was kind of like ,"Now What?" , an anticlimatic type of feeling. I felt like I know I now can abstain, I reached my goal, so that must mean I have control. And it was also the feeling of okay I reached the 30 days, shouldn't I celebrate (and for me celebrate and a drink went hand in hand), so I spent the day in a state of confusion. I booked some time at a spa to treat myself which helped!

Then I spent some time rereading the posts on the MWO, to reinforce why I came here in the first place, because AL was ruining my life no matter how many times I tried to moderate my drinking over the years. Rereading posts confirmed why I couldn't go back to AL, and why coming here every day was so important. I decided to pick another goal to aim for, 60 days is now on the horizon! Very proud of you pretty tulip, :l
    On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1492596 wrote: Baron gets his bowl when he's hungry, fetches the newspaper, closes doors...actually slams them when he's mad, can flush a pheasant like no other, has ears of velvet and is just the biggest darn lover I've ever come across. Maybe Maggie and Baron should meet? Ha-ha...
      So Baron and Maggie could quite possibly be a match made in heaven if they ever met. Maggie bangs her food bowl when she is hungry and opens the pantry door where her food is kept. She brings me my running shoes when it is time for a walk and will hide my work shoes when she sees me getting ready for work. I have never hunted with her, but she isn't afraid of loud booms, she has a terrific tracking nose and can sniff out pretty much anything I want her to. She has a coat of silk and is a shinny as a wet seal. And just like Baron....is the BIGGEST lover ever. She curls her body around me when we sleep, most often around my head. Her favorite things besides food, morning snuggle time, and tummy time which are belly kisses. Yes I kiss my Maggie's tummy. .
      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
      ~Author Unknown
      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prettytulip....what you are feeling is totally normal....it's the 30 day lull....hang on...I'm going to go look for a post I did for that. B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

May I present the lovely RUBI
          There ya go Ms Byrdie

AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande, Rubi is...ADORABLE. Does she always smile like that for photos? Maybe we need to start a pet sharing thread.
            "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
            ~Author Unknown
            AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I finally found it! This is for the 30 day'rs:

Byrdlady;1386111 wrote: Gosh, lots going on with this morning's check ins. Rooni I'm so glad you are back...Rainy, what can I say? AL IS the problem. It's a bitch to get rid of, too. You will just get to a point where you despise the thought of what it does to you. I HATE AL, and I hope you are getting there, too. It's just NOT fun anymore. My heart goes out to you.

Nurdl, you have already woken up to a better day! You will never have 2 bad days in a row! But if you will humor an old Newbie, may I give you my take on yesterday's post?

As I mentioned to a response to Allan yesterday in his thread....he'd reached his 30 day goal and then felt like a bride coming back from her honeymoon...NOW WHAT? I was explaining to him that breaking free of alcohol is, in effect, ending a relationship. And I mean a long-standing, hard-core, abusive, solid relationship. In essence you are going thru the 5 stages of grieving. Anger (what brought you here..."I'm SICK of this crazy life!"), Denial (Maybe I'm not all that bad! What was I thinking? Other people drink as much or MORE than I do' I think this is where the biggest Pity Party is thrown...it comes after the first 2 weeks and before day 30), BARGAINING ( why don't I try to moderate? Other people are able to do it...if I could just have one precious glass of _____ I'd be ok, THEN I'll get right back on track..), Depression (Is THIS all there is? Where are the balloons? Is this as good as it's ever going to get? ' Well shit...'.) and finally, acceptance. Let me tell you, this is where it's at. You finally are able to accept that, NO, you CANNOT drink ....AT ALL. Not one, not ever.....and you are ok with this. This is the stage where you can see AL for what it really is....a DRUG. Some people abuse drugs and some people don't. We do. Each stage in grieving is very important. Once you can see what is going on and that you aren't going crazy, it helps...at least it did for me. What you are going thru is the natural stages of loss. If you stay the course, I promise it will get better....I can also make a promise the other way, too....if we stay on the path we were on....well, you get the picture. I can assure you there will be a day where you don't even think about AL! As hard as it is now....it seems hard to believe. As hardcore as I was, I can now come to the end of an evening and think...I'll be dam, I didn't even think about it. THAT is amazing! You will get there...it just takes some time. Please hang in with us...you can do it! If I can do it, you can too!!! Byrdie
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,
                So tired this evening! Mondays are still brutal even without the booze! (But not as bad as they used to be!)
                I brought my breakfast and lunch today as I am trying to be healthier and lose a few pounds. My mood is better now that I'm not so sick. My brother is always on my mind, but I am surviving, without alcohol!
                I hope you are all doing well and I wish you a lovely sober Monday.
                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh My Word RUBY is so......large. What a cutie! I am a cat person but I could love and care for a canine such as RUBY!!!!

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1492694 wrote: Lavande, Rubi is...ADORABLE. Does she always smile like that for photos? Maybe we need to start a pet sharing thread.
                    I think that is an EXCELLENT idea! But bear in mind I have 9 pets at the mo (excluding hubby). Loads of bandwidth.
                    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey LastStraw....Rubi is my doggie! Lav posted her for me! She is the Queen around here!! Love that dog!
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am a bit worried, I fell at 34 days last month. It came up on me suddenly.

I know the tools and use them, but it really took me by surprise...the fall. It was like the creepy AL was saying it would be fun, but it was not fun.

It was worse fun than the first quit wasn't fun. I really don't want a 3rd quit. That would be even less fun, huh?

Well, still a newbie, still need encouragement and trust.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1492739 wrote: Hey LastStraw....Rubi is my doggie! Lav posted her for me! She is the Queen around here!! Love that dog!
                          BYRD, Rubi is soo sweet. I bet she sleeps near you and is always wanting to be near you.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you, Laststraw....she does sleep right up on my shoulder. I have another one for newbie's who need it. We got K9 thru her rough spot of 40 days....got me over mine at 12 days...we will remind you of the definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. Stick close and we will get you thru the rough spots. That's what we're here for. Rubi is pulling for you, too! Byrdie
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep, Yep, Yep, Thanks BYRDIE.

BTW my kitty has "saved my life" a few times. She allowed me to cry flowing tears on her fur. She just sat there and let me cry on her. She now, at 15 seems to know when I am having a hard time.

Gotta love your pets, huh? get through this day. OK I will.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

That's the key right there....just get thru this day.....xo, B
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X