Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Hi POOKS,

Hang on the nest here with us, and also it's fun to do the newbie nest roll call every day and watch the AF days pile up. :cat:

4 days AF in a row is an amazing feat. It's over half way to 7 days !!!! Wait until you see what you get at 7 days in a row AF. It's fun. But you start feeling better, too.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw;1493128 wrote: I'm staying. I wouldn't leave the best thing that has happened to me. :rays:

-S-
      TLS -- is today the day (#34) you were worried about in a recent post or was that yesterday?? If it is today --- STAY STRONG - you can do it! If it was yesterday --- CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks for all the encouragement you offer everyone here!

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1493107 wrote: K9
        I am NOT enjoying the same phenomenom at the 70 to 80 days mark. it sucks...I was doing so well without any cravings and then all of a sudden BAM there they were. And reading threads like Scand's wanting to drink after 14 weeks AF, and hippy revealing the lies (I don't care what gender the person is - that person still manipultated and lied to all of us - felt like that person was have a good laugh at our expense) - these threads don't help me at all.

OK, I have had enough. I promise not to mention those two issues again. Sorry
        Jenni.....first of all feel free to vent your feelings as much as you need......drinking back our emotions got us to this place.

Let me also remind you about the place you are at if it is the same as for me......IT WAS HORRID ! Not the cravings.....just the moods. At the beginning a bad day was followed by a good day. At 70 days plus the down moods went on for up to four days, felt like I was on the verge of tears, was still tired, very tired ( even feared I had something real bad like leukaemia ) then I would be 'OKish' for a few days. UGH.

Just when I thought it was unbearable ....it stopped, overnight really. The 3rd January to be precise......do the math, four months.

This is what the longer sober refer to as 'the magic'......hang in there, it will happen.

What changes is that stuff like you have seen on the forum washes over you, rather than 'into' you. In spite of the furore yesterday, today I am happy, relaxed and ready to take on whatever comes. That is what sobriety brings you.....the ability to cope with ANY emotion without drugs......IT IS AWESOME.

Hang on girlfriend....you are nearly there :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1492918 wrote: Snap, I will put that in the tool box....It took me a LONG time to find it myself!! Let me go see to that...Thank you! B
          Thank you so much for the article about the stages It REALLY helped me, just knowing that acceptance is the next step for me (whenever that may be!) makes it easier to get through another AF day!

Great idea to put it in the toolbox!
          'The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed'
          Richard Brinsley Sheridan

1st goal: 7 days
          2nd goal: 30 days
          3rd goal: 3 months

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1487513 wrote: When I finally got to drink, it was as if I was drinking in a panic....I might not get any more! B
            Sorry, just catching up.

Byrdie-this is how I am with food every time I decide I'm going on a diet.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Elliesmom;1487546 wrote: I've been AF for 60 days (today!) and ran out of L-Glut about 5 days ago and didn't notice any difference in AL cravings, but definitely noticed after a few days that I wanted to inhale chocolate, ice cream or other sweets. I even got up in the middle of the night to open a bag of baking chips because chocolate was all I could think about. I started on the L-Glut again yesterday and the sugar cravings stopped.
              Very interesting. I have never like sugary treat until I quit drinking. I could go without food now if I just had my chocolate. It's crazy and I'm on day 126!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

its like magic. You girls know just what to say!!
                Thanks Byrd and Kuya....your wisdom and knowledge inspire me!!!!
                I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Signed the paperwork to move dad to the new place next month. He seemed OK this if he remembers that he is OK with this.....but it is closer to home and less expensive.
                  Storms and ugly weather today. But things are blooming and I want to plant my garden.
                  Back to work tomorrow...New girl starts tomorrow to train with me for 2 weeks. That is not nearly enough but all I have to give...or want to give at this point....
                  Dottie
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

A member from the Alcoholic WITHOUT an Addiction thread asked me to post this:

I'm new to sobriety but wouldn't have it any other way. I surrendered my addiction and allowed help in releasing with complete abandon the guilt, fear, negativity and everything that came with my binge drinking. An alcoholic is someone whose life is unmanageable with drinking. I tried everything to make drinking work with my life, since I only drank once a week, how could I possibly be an alcoholic?! Well, I was in the worst way. The urge to drink was coming more frequently and I found myself lying, hiding, sneaking, manipulating, neglecting in every way to keep drinking. This is what addiction does. Doesn't matter if it's drugs or alcohol or the frequency. Once I liberated myself, I found dealing with personal resentments easier to face and deal with. Everyday for the last month has been some kind of awakening. I sometimes wake up and feel like I should be guilty and shameful but for what? Because that's what I had been used to for so long. I let go each day and happy I'm knowing myself, the person I'm meant to be.
                    Living life to the fullest.

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1493151 wrote: TLS -- is today the day (#34) you were worried about in a recent post or was that yesterday?? If it is today --- STAY STRONG - you can do it! If it was yesterday --- CONGRATULATIONS!

:h NS
                      NOSUGAR,
                      I have completed 34 days, today is the 35th!!!!! So when I check in on the roll call tomorrow it'll be 35 completed. All time record.

Thanks. awprint:

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

So upbeat, positive and full of great support, the Newbie's Nest is the best! Feeling good today, hope everone is doing well!
                        On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today is my 14th day AF. These are the things I've enjoyed because of sobriety this week:

Tucking my son into bed
                          Watching tv with my daughter
                          Planting an herb garden
                          Working in the yard
                          Not waking up hungover

I am beginning to realize that simplest things in life are the most wonderful. I've given up a lot of time, money, memories and energy to alcohol.

It's good to be in the nest - what a great bunch of people.

Goodnight all

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw;1493210 wrote: NOSUGAR,
                            I have completed 34 days, today is the 35th!!!!! So when I check in on the roll call tomorrow it'll be 35 completed. All time record.

Thanks. awprint:

-S-
                            THAT IS WONDERFUL!!!

Just think --- now every day for the rest of your life can be a new all-time record! Talk about a successful woman!

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1493234 wrote: THAT IS WONDERFUL!!!

Just think --- now every day for the rest of your life can be a new all-time record! Talk about a successful woman!
                              Oh WOW NO SUGAR,
                              I never thought of that before. WOW. I am freaking out. Thanks for that thought. Huh, several heads thinking together are better than one thinking alone,

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

kreeves;1493231 wrote: Today is my 14th day AF. These are the things I've enjoyed because of sobriety this week:

Tucking my son into bed
                                Watching tv with my daughter
                                Planting an herb garden
                                Working in the yard
                                Not waking up hungover

I am beginning to realize that simplest things in life are the most wonderful. I've given up a lot of time, money, memories and energy to alcohol.

It's good to be in the nest - what a great bunch of people.

Goodnight all

Hi, Kreeves

You have the Attitude of Gratitude
                                that the long-term successful people here say is the key!

Two weeks is a great achievement and from what I have observed so far, it just gets better and better and for the most part, easier!

Glad you are here! :hNS

Comment

Working...
                                X