Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Rip, be sure to check in tomorrow for your honorary 30 day HAT! It's a prize you won't want to miss out on! GREAT JOB!!! B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1493408 wrote: Wow! Welcome to all the newbies! rdrasz (sp?), Honeybelle and Rip!! You will find that a bad day sober is 1000 times better than a day spent drunk!!! We are so glad you're here! Please find the link to the Tool Box below, there are literally 100's of tips and coping skills assembled over a span of years to help you! Check in often and post!! Getting it down on paper really helps!

For the folks between Day 13 and 30....you are about to enter the phase where the Pity Party gets thrown! They are so easy to host...but hard to leave! This is where you will begin to question what you are doing! 'The whole world can drink but ME!' (fists pounding) You know the drill. This is Addiction Head talking (Dick Head)....don't listen. The whole world is NOT drinking except you. Your friends WILL accept the new you, and life WON'T be better with one drink. We know how THAT movie ends! So just stay the course and know that the pity party is normal! Just get thru to the other side and you will be so glad you did! Knowing what to expect is half the battle! Hang tough, Nesters! Everyone is doing GREAT!!! Byrdie
      I am in this space and you are SO right. I have caved to those voices 3Xs now and will not on this 4th go. AF is the RIGHT way to live. Period. As I've said before, I absolutely love waking up in the morning and looking at bright, honest eyes staring back at me in the mirror. No more shame, regret and despair. I MUST continue for good.
      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!!!

So I was watching a show last night on Netflix on my iPad (best thing ever, it's making my gym time bearable!!! LOL). Anyway, this show is called 30 Days, and the idea is that a person "walks in another persons shoes" for 30 Days, so so speak. So this mother is concerned about her daughters binge drinking, so the mom decides SHE will binge drink for 30 days to show her daughter how bad it is. So guess where this is headed? The mom starts liking all this binge drinking...BUT she feels like crap. She does the 3am wake-up every day, she's starting to black out, etc., etc. I'd love to tell you how it ends but I haven't finished it yet...I was on the machine for an hour and 40 minutes and finally said "that's enough!"....so I will let you know how it ends, although we can probably all guess...I'll just bet the mom can't stop as easily as she thought she'd be able to....stay tuned for the conclusion. LOL

Welcome to all the Newbies!! Please stick close to us...we're glad you're here!

K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9-that really goes to show you how low these reality shows can sink, IMHO!
          What's next?
          BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Newbies Nest

So true BHOG! I mean seriously, who would ever think that's a good idea??? And of course her daughter is not "learning a lesson", she thinks it's funny. The daughter is so self absorbed and rude anyway, she walks all over her mom...if that was MY daughter, let's just say she would NOT be allowed to act like or talk to me like that no matter how old she was. When I see all these bratty teenagers, I am SO glad I laid down the law from day 1. I can just LOOK at my daughter and have her shaking in her boots. LOL :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

So if the daughter was out "being a tramp" would moma go out and show her how to do it?
              I just don't get these types of shows. And I am with you, my son and daughter KNEW from a very early age what was and was not acceptable.
              It was not always perfect, but it worked.
              "Reality shows" my hairy backside!
              BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning.

Hello to all the newbies. Byrdie has some Velcro so you can strap yourself in.

Have a GREAT alcohol free day everyone!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

BHOG;1493459 wrote: my hairy backside!
                  That could be it's own reality show...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, i've just ordered 400 Baclofen am very scared. been lurking here a while and reading lots. how many pills do i start with.
                    :new:
                    Today, I will live one day at a time and do one thing at a time

It was obvious from a very early age that my mind and I were not going to get on. Kay Redfield Jameson

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey BuddaB!! I'm not sure we have any Baclofen users in the Newbie's nest at the moment...I would direct you to the meds threads for dosages...go under new posts, and look to the right side and you'll see it...but please feel free to stay in the nest here!! Welcome!! B
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya BuddaB! I can't help with the Baclofen, but I can tell you that you've found a great place to be! Please stick close to us and tell us about yourself. I look forward to getting to know you!
                        K9

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nest, and welcome to all the newbies!
                          I will have 60 days tomorrow! Does that mean I get flying underwear? A moon? lol
                          Feeling pretty good, though I wish I was more inclined to clean and organize. I'm still waiting for the huge bursts of energy. However, I have never been overly inclined to clean and organize, so I guess sobriety doesn't change your stripes. I WISH I wanted to do it, because the clutter in my house bothers me tremendously.
                          I clean and do my housework, but it just never seems to look like a nice clean house when you walk in. Maybe I have to purge some things and simplify my belongings/clothes, etc. MAYBE I will start a thread dedicated to just that, so we can motivate each other!
                          Now, I am off to write my paper for school. I am managing half time school schedule while working full time in a management position, and taking care of two children and a hubs. And a kitty. My son starts little league this week and I am so stink in' excited to see him strut his stuff!
                          Soon it will be time to start planting as well. Lots in store for summer, and I just hope I can keep up with it all!
                          Good sober evening to all, and heres to organizing our lives!
                          Day 1 again 11/5/19
                          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nursie! You are doing so well! For 60 days, you get 2 hats! Maybe I should be a little more imaginative than that!! You don't get the coveted Flying Drawers until 150 days!! So something to strive for! I am so happy for you!
                            Hope everyone had a wonderful, peaceful day! We are over the Hump! Byrdie
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie, I'm cheering for you to get those flying drawers!!! I want them too! You have to give yourself a break as well, my goodness with everything you are doing, the clutter in the house can wait,I have great conversations with my nana who is 90 and she said the one thing she would have changed in her life is how much time she spent cleaning, she wished she would have let the housework go and spent more time with her kids , I am following her advice, even if I find it a struggle to let things go
                              On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, and thank you for the warm welcome. Just waking up to the awful news about the explosions in Texas.My heart goes out to those involved. Just feel like America needs a big hug at the moment.
                                Today, I will live one day at a time and do one thing at a time

It was obvious from a very early age that my mind and I were not going to get on. Kay Redfield Jameson

Comment

Working...
                                X