Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

congrats to you Nursie and welcome to buddabelly.... love your name

It is so good seeing so many people continuing in their sobriety....statistically this place is soooo successful.

So keep on trucking, one day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

buddabelly;1493755 wrote: Good morning, and thank you for the warm welcome. Just waking up to the awful news about the explosions in Texas.My heart goes out to those involved. Just feel like America needs a big hug at the moment.
      So true. I am an American living abroad and my heart is hurting today to hear the news of the Texas explosion, just days after the Boston Marathon explosion. So much pain and loss in one week. I know this is life but it sure sucks sometimes. Makes me want to fly home and give my family a big hug.
      Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Please ignore the SPAM post above

Watching the news, so sad about the Texas explosion! This has been quite a week for us in the US.
        I will be thinking & praying for all those involved.

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

crap
          i guess i better turn on the news.....
          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

MtnMomma;1493184 wrote: A member from the Alcoholic WITHOUT an Addiction thread asked me to post this:

I'm new to sobriety but wouldn't have it any other way. I surrendered my addiction and allowed help in releasing with complete abandon the guilt, fear, negativity and everything that came with my binge drinking. An alcoholic is someone whose life is unmanageable with drinking. I tried everything to make drinking work with my life, since I only drank once a week, how could I possibly be an alcoholic?! Well, I was in the worst way. The urge to drink was coming more frequently and I found myself lying, hiding, sneaking, manipulating, neglecting in every way to keep drinking. This is what addiction does. Doesn't matter if it's drugs or alcohol or the frequency. Once I liberated myself, I found dealing with personal resentments easier to face and deal with. Everyday for the last month has been some kind of awakening. I sometimes wake up and feel like I should be guilty and shameful but for what? Because that's what I had been used to for so long. I let go each day and happy I'm knowing myself, the person I'm meant to be.
            MtnMomma, thanks for posting that here. That is a beautiful 30 day "speech." I hope everyone reads it. At the end of my drinking, I was drinking about two beers (with the occasional binge to make up for lost drinking time). Two drinks a night is not an extreme amount, but I was so miserable about my life. It was my toxic relationship to alcohol that was breaking my spirit. We have to be brave and cut the chains. That's when beautiful things will begin to happen for us. Congratulations once again on your achievement!

Have a great AF day everyone!
            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!

Pinecone, that really WAS a moving post from MM....I tell you, the difference in people in just 30 days is truly a site to behold. That's EXACTLY what keeps the likes of us Oldbies in the nest, wouldn't you say? If folks can just give AF a chance to work...it is an amazing transformation and ALWAYS (and all ways) for the better!
              Hope everyone has MindPeace today....we wish NoSugar strength on her business trip...we know you will be A-OK. Wishing everyone a safe and happy Thursday! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

We should all watch this and take it to heart (aside from the ad at the end).

Forensic artist draws how women see themselves vs. how others see them. [video]
                Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1493432 wrote: Morning Nesters!!!

So I was watching a show last night on Netflix on my iPad (best thing ever, it's making my gym time bearable!!! LOL). Anyway, this show is called 30 Days
                  I checked this out last night. The daughter was an absolute nightmare. It's such a shame that binge drinking is so entrenched in the apparent right of passage of our youth. I went through all that and man, those patterns stuck with me for a long-long time afterwards. What a waste. Seeing the mom hurting was a great reminder for why we're doing this too. She was in hell physically. Been there, done that. Now onward toward a better life...finally...
                  Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                  Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi there - I found my way here after researching Baclofen...I am interested to hear any experiences with this. I find myself drinking a bottle of wine a night and cant seem to stop. Best I've done was this week. Stopped for 4 nights then had one last night. Craved it most nights though and not happy. I am habitual (like I have been in the past with food) always drink more than I intend to, orchestrate opportunities to drink and my family are unhappy with me when I drink although it is not impacting on my daily activities. Advice/thoughts welcome...
                    :new:
                    Mayzay

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fin!
                      Yes, that daughter was a full on BRAT!!! Drinking was NOT her only problem, I'll tell ya that much. They didn't really say if the mom was able to stop easily, or if it was difficult or whatever. But the daughter never got "the point". And yes, the mom's hangovers were horrible...I almost felt sick just watching.

Halo - I loved what your Nana said about cleaning less and spending more time with her kids. Sometimes I feel like my mom was obsessed with the continual chores...she loved us lots but the cleaning was never ending...and really, for what? I don't dwell on it, I do what I can and the rest doesn't matter.

Siren - I loved the video. Women are too hard on themselves, period. Men don't pick us apart like we pick ourselves apart. It's sad that there's so much emphasis on looks anyway.

I hope you all have a great sober Thursday!!
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Mayzay! At the moment I don't think we have anyone using Baclofen here in the nest....go up top to New Posts, and look to the right side of those and you will see the Meds Threads there. They will be able to help you with those questions...but meantime, we can help you get some AF days! Read back a few days to get to know us and then tell us more about you. Most of us have been exactly where you are now...(and worse), so snuggle in and make yourself at home. Be sure to check out the Tool Box, link is below...it is a treasure-trove of information and helpful tips. We are glad you found us! Byrdie
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Mayzay and welcome.

Getting the alcohol out will be so freeing......I love being sober.

Try and remember the cravings are mental more than physical, your body is loving the healing and will, in a short while, heal the brain.

Good luck on your trip NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters!
                            I was trying to find something in my desk drawer this morning, and I came across a sticky note I'd made......
                            Stop
                            Observe
                            Breathe
                            E
                            xperience
                            R
                            espond

I must have seen this somewhere about what to do when a craving hits. I tell you, what's old is new again....this is so true. Life happens, it's how we respond to it that makes or breaks us. There will ALWAYS be an excuse to drink....even when times are good...there just isn't any reason good enough anymore. AL will not take one more day of my life.
                            Stay strong everyone! If I can do it, I know you can, too! Byrdie
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1494040 wrote: Hey Nesters!
                              I was trying to find something in my desk drawer this morning, and I came across a sticky note I'd made......
                              Stop
                              Observe
                              B
                              reathe
                              E
                              xperience
                              R
                              espond

I must have seen this somewhere about what to do when a craving hits. I tell you, what's old is new again....this is so true. Life happens, it's how we respond to it that makes or breaks us. There will ALWAYS be an excuse to drink....even when times are good...there just isn't any reason good enough anymore. AL will not take one more day of my life.
                              Stay strong everyone! If I can do it, I know you can, too! Byrdie
                              I actually found the desire to drink harder when GOOD things happen......the pull to celebrate was very strong.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1494040 wrote: Hey Nesters!
                                Stop
                                Observe
                                B
                                reathe
                                E
                                xperience
                                R
                                espond
                                I love this, what a great way to help you through those cravings, which even after 38 AF days still constantly come and go, (wonder if they will ever stop frankly) I'm going to write this on a sticky note right now, always full of great advice our Byrdie!
                                On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Working...
                                X