Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Yikes...I saw a recipe the other day for a bar (pan) cookie with chocolate chip cookie dough on the bottom, a layer of Reece's peanut cups in the middle, topped with Brownie mx....bake, cut, eat, yum. B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, the nest is a beautiful idea, so sweet and nuturing, full of lovely metaphores. Hello baby birds. I always say that drink is my mother in a glass.
      Hey, we're getting deep here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm having some tea and toast right now, because after tea and toast I don't feel like drinking. How the hell am I going to do 30 days ? I can do two in a row, but after that I get headaches and anxiety problems. I have to keep talking right now. You get the picture.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Muppett;520445 wrote: I've just slunk into the "nest". It just sounded so inviting and SAFE.
          Just going to tuckie myself up in a little corner, observe, sip my wine........except Mondays when I will be a/f. (as I was last Monday for the first time I can remember). Just going to enjoy a safe place.

Please, if anyone else here is as scared as I was going A/F for just one night, talk to me. I have the willpower of a gnat so if I can do it, ANYONE can.

Thank you for providing a nest.

Love Muppett (in OZ but really a KIWI)
          You never know, gnats might have lots and lots of willpower.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey WiW! You made it over! I believe you might have started with the oldest posts...I remember that post you quoted...check out the last page of the Newbie's Nest for the most current! So glad you're here! Byrdie
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello & welcome WIW!
              How are you going to do 30 days you ask??
              Go to the Tool box, grab some great ideas & write a good plan for yourself. That's how the rest of us started, you can do it too

I keep a supply of Lance crackers in my kitchen cabinet - the grandkids have already found them so I have to share

Hunker down everyone & have a safe night in the nest!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

my goodness gracious!! I have never even HEARD of Lance crackers and I live in the states!! But I am in yankee territory......
                So glad to see some new faces in here!!! Instead of focusing on 30 days, just think about NOW....enjoy the toast and tea and then do the same exact thing tomorrow.
                In 7 days, if you remain AF, you get a prize!!
                I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for guiding me here Byrdlady. What's the prize Jenniech? Probably a grateful and relieved liver. LOL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wine, the prize for 7 days is a Full Moon! :moon: Jenni is our new Moon Shiner, too. Then for 30 days you get a hat! :day5: At 100 days you get The Bird! :finger: , at 150 days you get the coveted Flying Underwear Award! :flyingunders:, and then at a year, you finally get these: :grannypants: Your Big Girl Pants! We'll be with you every step of the way, too! Byrdie
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, just doing a quick check in. Have been trying to read and post when I can, but have been busy with preparing for my move. YIKES....I am exhausted. But my house is so amazingly free from clutter. I thought I was the master of purging unused articles, boy was I mistaken. NOW it is really free from unnecessary clutter. I am actual a little ashamed of all of the items and clothing I have purchased that never got used or worn. Someone out there will appreciate them. I hope all of you are doing well and having a wonderful alcohol free night.....I know I am. Much love to all of you, oh and a big welcome to all of the newbies.
                      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                      ~Author Unknown
                      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I never heard of Lance Crackers.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Howdy nesters old and new......have a lovely safe and AF weekend. I know I will.

WIW ..... The fear you talk of is CAUSED by the alcohol, this is what addiction does, takes away your confidence and self respect and joy.

Believe me, being sober is awesome, the fear disappears and life floods back in. Right now you may think you fear life but what should be feared is the slow death of alcohol abuse.

30 days sober will change your mind.

Comment

Newbies Nest

For some reason, when reading Kuya's post, I thought of a memory that I have never thought of before. The memory was walking in to work being REALLY hungover (nothing new there) and feeling like I just couldn't do my job anymore. That the responsibility was too great, etc. The memory of having NO SELF CONFIDENCE......Wow
                            I am blown away. Of course, I NEVER feel that way now.
                            That memory would not exist without my sobriety, that I know for sure.
                            I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

COFFEE IS BREWED!! Off to have my first cup....this is my favorite part of the day!!!!!
                              I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick note for oneredshoe: So glad to hear from you!! I was thinking about you last night and how stressful a move is. I think you will be quite happy once you have downsized your belongings. I find that the less physical clutter I have, the less clutter in my brain (or so I convince myself)
                                When is the actual move?
                                I just won't anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X