Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Nanette, Wow awesome almost at 6 months! It was really nice of you to personally acknowledge everyone who posted recently in the nest, when you are feeling at your lowest point and have those really hard struggles that you think you can't get out of , seeing those personal notes are a treasure...
    I'm hoping to be another Canadian that will get to the 6 month point, if we can survive the neverending winters, we should be able to accomplish anthing eh?
    On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations, Cocoflo!! You snuck that one in on us!! (I'm sure it didn't feel that way to you!) Well done on 7 days, that is HUGE in our world!! Keep up the great work!

Nanners, great to see you!

Halo, af'noon, ladybug!! Great to see you, too!
      Have a peaceful, AF evening everyone! B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Coco!

What an ace place the nest is. Every single one of you are my heroes.

I am eating humble pie, and I couldn't eat it in finer company.

For me, I find the biggest de-railer is my emotional stability. I need to maintain a 'steady as he goes' environment in early sobriety, until strength and clarity of mind returns. I'm going for the moon, then the bird! Then it's to the stars baby, the stars and beyond!

Thanks for the welcome, and wishing everyone a safe, sober and magical day/evening.

Day 5. Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mr. G, the NN is the best kept secret on the whole site. We have a group now that is really going places! We are so glad to have you with us, pull up a twig and hang out as long as you like. I have no doubt you will get your moon and your stars!!! Warmest hugs, Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I know I already posted this over in the No Fooling thread, but you guys have been holding my hands for this, too. I just found out I got the job I really wanted (my first choice) in my company's reorganization! Thank goodness I had as many AF days as I did through the application and interview process! It gives me something to smile about in the midst of my relationship troubles. Anyway, thanks everyone for listening to me ramble about my woes these last few weeks!
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1496365 wrote: ...still trying to control what for us, is uncontrollable. But, here's the great news! Life is better without AL, and you have seen that for yourself! Don't let the fear of the process keep you from engaging in it! Once you start doing it, THAT will become your new normal...

Byrdie
              That is so true Byrdie, for us AL is uncontrollable, I think the hardest part is really admitting and knowing that this is the case, it took me so long to come to terms with this and it's so important to be reminded, that's what I love about the Nest!

I have felt countless times over and over again that I think I finally have the upperhand on AL, that in no way does AL have the upperhand on me! (which explains my past start/stop record that lasted for an ETERNITY) But I now know that is most definitely not the case

"An individual's greatest strength is being able to recogonize and acknowledge their weaknesses"

The NN helped me accomplish this feat, keep keeping us real Byrdie!...:thanks:
              On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Siren, that is excellent news about your work !

Comment

Newbies Nest

halo;1496615 wrote: That is so true Byrdie, for us AL is uncontrollable, I think the hardest part is really admitting and knowing that this is the case, it took me so long to come to terms with this and it's so important to be reminded, that's what I love about the Nest!

I have felt countless times over and over again that I think I finally have the upperhand on AL, that in no way does AL have the upperhand on me! (which explains my past start/stop record that lasted for an ETERNITY) But I now know that is most definitely not the case

"An individual's greatest strength is being able to recogonize and acknowledge their weaknesses"

The NN helped me accomplish this feat, keep keeping us real Byrdie!...:thanks:
                  Indeed Halo. I am a strong person but NOONE is stronger than an addiction. Accepting is the key and the cure. And gratitude is the boat we sail away on.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1496608 wrote: Mr. G, the NN is the best kept secret on the whole site. We have a group now that is really going places! We are so glad to have you with us, pull up a twig and hang out as long as you like. I have no doubt you will get your moon and your stars!!! Warmest hugs, Byrdie
                    Thanks Byrdie. :h

It's back to the basics for me, and this place is the beginning.

Congratulations Siren!

Hiya Halo!

G'day KY!

Best wishes all.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks G - congrats on the 5 days! I'm on day 2 with the help of Antabuse and winding down with some sleepytime tea.
                      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters

Looks like many here have had a good day, great!!!

Congrats Coco! Siren, a new job for you, terrific!

G, you know you have lots of hands here to help keep you steady. I'll be sure even Stella holds out a wing for you

wishes for a safe night in the nest for everyone!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1496617 wrote: Indeed Halo. I am a strong person but NOONE is stronger than an addiction. Accepting is the key and the cure. And gratitude is the boat we sail away on.
                          WOW, Kuya, that is one powerful statement....Love it!!!!:thanks:
                          I am going to tuck that one away for future reminders!!!
                          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Had a full testing by fire last night. day 20 and had to socialize with strangers for a few hours in a pub on an empty stomach. Only one person i knew from before i stopped asking why i'm drinking coke. kept thinking of all the people here and having to reset my counter :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow - huge thread and certainly couldn't read the lot but was advised to drop by and say HI by the wonderful K9lover.

I'm just starting out here and hope to learn a lot. Thanks for making a place for we Newbies to nestle in!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Spotlessmind . hope you find as much inspiration here as I have. I don't post often put am always around :H

Comment

Working...
                                X