Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Guitarista;1497057 wrote:

You're spot on Jennie. This IS the place to be alright. I am glad i'm here.
    I have many positive observations about the nest, but the most striking for me are the support on hand/twig/wing here, and the INSPIRATION.
    Day 6.
    Pretty big day for you tomorrow, Mr. G.!

I'm glad you are in the nest, too. I've seen you on other threads, surrounded by tons of friends, and you seemed like such a cool guy who I would like to know. But here's the deal - I couldn't figure out what some of the conversations were about! You sure seem to be having a lot of fun, though.

I hope you stay here for awhile so I can be one of the cool kids who hangs around with you, too :H:H:H.

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1497083 wrote: Pretty big day for you tomorrow, Mr. G.!

I'm glad you are in the nest, too. I've seen you on other threads, surrounded by tons of friends, and you seemed like such a cool guy who I would like to know. But here's the deal - I couldn't figure out what some of the conversations were about! You sure seem to be having a lot of fun, though.

I hope you stay here for awhile so I can be one of the cool kids who hangs around with you, too :H:H:H.

:h NS
      Thanks NS. :h I'm sure to stick around with the incredible welcome everyone gets here.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all Nesters - old & new

Hello & welcome to the newest newbies, so glad you found us! Please settle in & make yourselves comfortable!

JJ, great to hear from you & congrats on your AF time.
        Sorry for your losses, you handled all that without turning to AL. I hope you are quite proud & wish you continued success.

Wishing everyone a safe & peaceful night in the nest!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrick;1496883 wrote: I am surprised!I thought aussies and kiwi's were as bad as us.
          Yeah kind of Patrick, but poms and scots and the Irish insult each other as a way of showing how much we care for a person..... It must sometimes look odd to others.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jingle Jo !!! So good to see you. Sorry for your loss but so glad your sobriety was so strong that you were able to cope.

I so remember chatting with you on your first days and now you are six months sober..... So happy for you and glad you popped in. Come back to celebrate

To all the new folk who have joined us today it is good for you to see how this place works and will work for you if you let it.

Read and post, posting a lot helps to change your mind. When you are writing out your intentions to quit, advising or getting advice you are remodelling your attitude and your story with regard to alcohol. The brain is a powerful computer that is reprogrammed by words and action.......not by hopes, dreams and wishes.

Maybe oneredshoe will be along soon to tell you how she utilised this knowledge to get sober.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1497067 wrote: Howdy G-Man! My day is (thankfully) almost over! YAY

Well crap. I just had a candy binge...BUT...I haven't smoked in 4 days.
              You go!!!!!! Nice job!
              "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
              ~Author Unknown
              AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here I am Kuya......WTH are you some kind of cyber mind controller who summoned me to the nest :H:H freak me out because I was in the middle of posting a response to K9 and BHAM I see your post. :H. I have been put on the spot.....

First off :welcome: Newbies,
                Reading and posting is essential, Kuya isn't exaggerating about this at all. I had had many past failed quits, Kuya had brought to my attention that there was a direct correlation between my "slips" and my lack of posting, trust me I looked back at my posts and sure enough she was spot on. My lack of posting; for me showed my lack of commitment to becoming and remaining AF. By making the decision to be diligent about reading and posting I was able to change my stance to being 100% committed in remaining AF. Essentially posting consistently changed the course of my life journey......and that's no drunken wisdom I am at, uummm 82/83 consecutive AF days.
                "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                ~Author Unknown
                AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1497123 wrote: Here I am Kuya......WTH are you some kind of cyber mind controller who summoned me to the nest :H:H freak me out because I was in the middle of posting a response to K9 and BHAM I see your post. :H. I have been put on the spot.....
                  Feel the force Oney, feel the force.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all
                    Welcome LOSTSOUL!!!
                    thanks for sharing your story it touched me in a way i cannot explain but understand.
                    To all here i know i've been lurking for a while and posting on the role call but haven't told my story yet. will get there when i need to sit and post to excise some bad cravings.
                    blessings to you all and HAVE A STUPENDOUS DAY!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone and what a lovely AF Friday we have ahead of us today.

Welcome to lots of newbies ? Lost Soul your post is so sad and I hope that you will stick around here and find your way to a new AF life. You can have it all you know ? the great job, good man, beautiful babies etc ? there is only one thing standing between you and all of these wonderful things and that is alcohol. MWO is a great place to be, so stick with us and look forward to the future (don?t bother stewing over the past ? that?s all over and done with now).

K9 ? well done 4 days NF! So relate to your candy binge ? I?ve been binging since I stopped drinking (excusing myself because I?ve been ?soooo good?) I thought that by giving up two bottles of wine every night I would develop the figure of Jennifer Aniston within a week ? uuurrrrmmm ? I seem to have put ON 4lbs!! So now on day four of my diet ? porridge made with water for breakfast, fruit for lunch and a small evening meal.

I can?t believe I?m 26 days AF today. That probably doesn?t seem much to all of you long-termers ? but too me it is amazing! The longest I have gone without a drink in the last 20 years is 13 days! As you all know I brought myself three chickens with the money I saved from not drinking in the first week and they are now laying every day.

Each morning when I collect my three eggs it is like my prize for not drinking and a reminder of how good life has quickly become in such a short space of time.

Another reminder of how good life is this morning my Magnolia tree has sprung into flower ? it?s breathtakingly beautiful so I thought I would share this picture

Have a wonderful AF Friday everyone ? the weekend is almost here ? whoop whoop!!
                      Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

GORGEOUS snap!!! If I could figure out how to post a picture, I would post my beautiful azaleas and forsythia, both in all their blooming glory!!!!
                        I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1497256 wrote: GORGEOUS snap!!! If I could figure out how to post a picture, I would post my beautiful azaleas and forsythia, both in all their blooming glory!!!!
                          Hi Jenny - not sure how everyone else posts pics, but I have a Picassa web album (free to sign up to and upload pics) then you just use the 'insert picture' function and post the image url.
                          Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Snapdragon, your tree is beautiful! And I'm so happy and proud of you. You should be so proud of yourself! 26 days is AMAZING.
                            Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Very nice Snap
                              I see Spring all around me & it is welcome (except for the allergies) :H

Jennie, I use Photobucket to post pics, same idea as Picassa.

I hope everyone has a great plan for the weekend. Keep AL out of your life & see just how good life really is

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1497273 wrote: Keep AL out of your life & see just how good life really is
                                I love this. Life really is so much better without. I will get there someday!
                                Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Working...
                                X