Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

home from dinner with friends at local restaurant....This was my first real evening of socializing with friends who I am not really close to....I drank AF beer so as not to arouse discussion on the topic. We had a good time and some good laughs....My husband and the couple each had two drinks....that is not something I would NOT have been happy about if I were drinking because two would NOT have been enough....but one would have been too too many because it would lead to the bottle...
    So now I feel good and am nice and cozy in bed....I am glad it is over! While I had a good time, it is not something I will seek out to do more often.
    I am just not ready and perhaps I never will be ready to be in a restaurant with a bar....but that is OK....I am OK with that.
    Sweet dreams to all and to all a good AF night!!!
    I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1497981 wrote: This is where I finally understood that there's no such thing as one kuya
      You mean she has a twin? OMG!! :sofa:

Great stuff Jennie!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guitarista;1498124 wrote: You mean she has a twin? OMG!! :sofa:
        Lol!! I thought the same thing! No wonder she seems like she's everywhere on the boards.

Now one of them just needs to move to a closer timezone!
        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I love the guy behind the couch.....
          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

I was referring to no such thing as 'one drink' you guys :H:H

It's a beautiful morning here in cow country! A good day to spend outside

Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday!
            Keep believing in yourselves

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello guys, Well it is day one all over again. very panicky and shaky, a little paranoid. it dosent help that i also have panic attacks. I am going to do this, i did good for almost a week, sorry i let you guys down. if you are a praying person please pray for me. i had i 0.5mg xanax so i took it about 17 min ago i pray it kicks in soon. This reminds me why i dont drink any more. really scared.!?!?!?
              Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning,

Congratulations No sugar & Jenni!! You're posts are great & have helped me a great deal.

Birdie, thank you for sharing Mario's post. I read it last night just before heading out for dinner with a group that I knew would be drinking. Really helped me keep things in perspective & have strength to not drink.

Somebody mentioned that the urge to drink only lasts about 15 minutes and will it will pass. I try to keep this in mind and wait it out. Generally, I distract myself with something and before I know to hours have passed, with no drinking.

Jack Daniel's girl, take care of yourself and just try to get through the day. Things get better after the first few days. I will be thinking of you. Watch tv, movies, read and rest. I didn't feel great physically during the first few days, but mentally, I felt like I achieved something great for myself. My first goal was just 3 days, doing that helped me feel that I could 7. I know you can do it and you have support here.

Happy Sunday!
                Cocoflo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                  Raining and cool here..but still nice...
                  Went to a garden store yesterday and made a perennial container garden..if it stops raining today i am going to start to get the veggie garden beds ready...this is going to be one of my retirement hobbies...there will be more....
                  Dottie
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello

Just wanted to say hello. I am going to try and just take this thing one day at a time. I am so glad I found this site. I expect to use it a lot.
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

little beagle;1498241 wrote: Just wanted to say hello. I am going to try and just take this thing one day at a time. I am so glad I found this site. I expect to use it a lot.
                      Welcome Little Beagle - glad you are here! There are many dog lovers here (such as myself!). Do you have beagles?

If you haven't seen it already, the link to the toolbox is given in my signature. There are all sorts of resources for getting yourself free of alcohol.

If you haven't already done so, you could read back through this thread and get to know us. Then, if you want to, let us know more about you!

Take care -

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

My son shared a "sobering" observation with me yesterday. We were running errands around town and he said, "Mama, it's nice that you're up doing things and not sleeping all weekend." I can never give him back those weekends and evenings that we lost but I can make sure that I don't take any more from him in the future. Any time that I start to think, "Maybe my drinking wasn't as bad as I thought." Something like my son's statement occurs and I know that it was actually probably worse than I even realized. Staying sober isn't easy but it's the best gift I've ever given to myself and my family. Wishing all at MWO a peaceful AF Sunday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ns
                          yes I have 2 beagles. I am a binge drinker and I had a bad weekend. I found this place and a little bit of hope for overcoming this problem though. I could use some advice about how to deal with this anxiety I feel. I do a yoga routine and try to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I have had a lot of stresses lately and used alcohol to cope, this just mad my anxiety level out of sight.
                          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello

Back on Day 2, was almost at that 30 day mark. Back in the nest, I know you were all great support for me. I just did not check in while I was drinking, I did not think it was fair to drink and post.
                            Trying again to help myself with these nasty withdrawls.. I called the doc for some meds like last time that would help with the withdrawls. He refused and said He would only admit me to a rehab/detox center. Atleast I am grateful for the people here and this site!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings Nesters,

Hang in there everyone. Take your precious life back.

Day 9!

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guitarista;1498124 wrote: You mean she has a twin? OMG!! :sofa:
                                Oh very funny G.

Siren what seems to be omnipresent is simply time differences.......I am sleeping during your day so it appears that I never leave. It is the same effect for me with people who live in Canada ........ Feels odd sometimes.

Jenniech......glad your dinner went well. I remember feeling relief after 'surviving' these events but now I positively enjoy them.......it just takes time.

Comment

Working...
                                X