Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Nester's,

Hang in there Bond girl. Alcohol still in our system will cause us to feel negative, and I know for many people, antidepressants don't work well when we drink, or when booze is present. How about a brisk walk for some fresh air and to get your body and oxygen/blood flowing? Do you need to see a doc? You are an absolute hero just posting and being here in my opinion. You are taking charge of your life.

Hi Minstar!

Day 10. Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey G, doing great

BondGirl, checking in here instead of reaching for AL is so much better for you in the long run.
      Have you been in touch with your doctor about this? Better to take something prescribed for a while until this episode abates. Please don't try to drink your way through, it won't really help. Hang out here all evening, we're around

Noor, that product I mentioned is all herbal, OTC. Works great with no bad side effects. I am a big believer in the MWO hypno CDs. They help you to relax without AL & get your thinking going in the right direction. Very good investment in my opinion.

MinStar, hang in there!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters! Good to see all the new faces, and some familiar ones! We are all fighting the same demon so there's common ground for friendships already. Be sure to read thru the Tool Box and learn all you can about fighting this. I know it seems like the impossible dream at first, but you'd be surprised how just a couple AF days make you feel! Get all the AL out of your house and remember the best tool to fight a craving is to eat! Keep hydrated and keep your tummy FULL!
        Spend some time reading on this site for inspiration to stay sober! You can go back YEARS right here in the nest and see what other New Newbie's thought and worried about. You will find that fear of trying keeps us paralyzed. There IS a reason to get sober and stay sober! Life awaits! If you got thru the last 15 minutes you can get thru the next 15. Dig your heels in and don't give in no matter what and no matter who. Don't let AL rob you of one more day! We are so glad you're here!
        Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello guitarists and Lavande-

How are you lovelies?

Just off to bed. First night without AL in about ten days so I expect an uncomfortable sleep.
          Been reading and reading forums here this evenings. I just stumbled on the one about books- love books- and managed to read about four or five in April- all in the first few weeks before I started several days of drinking. Anyhow- anyone read jason vale at the start of their quit? It was instrumental in helping me with mine- just wondering if it is something I should read from start to finish again to reiterate those brainwashing scheming trickery of AL? I recall reading that he says you can't re read it as the fhacts and figures aren't as shocking the second time. I did dip into it a few times but wonder of reading it in its entirety is the better option.

Anyhoooo hope everyone is snuggled down to bed or beginning a new AL free day!!

MinStar

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello birdie :wave:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Minstar!!! I'm so glad to see you! You got this!!! I KNOW you can do it!! I've seen you operate! Here's the butt Velcro! XXOO, Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,
                Just a daily check in from Nursie.
                Sober, long day today! Staying busy and productive makes me feel good about myself. I feel like there is always more to be done, but I guess it's not going to happen overnight.
                I wonder if the fantasy cravings ever go away for good.
                I don't think I made it past 76 days last time, so I have to focus, and play it through. I've been dreaming about my brother who passed, and it makes me feel close to him.
                We used to bond over booze. Now we bond in my dreams.
                Hope you all had a good Monday and a relaxing evening tonight.
                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Byrdie :hug: glad to have a Velcro seat thank you very much!
                  Ha ha. How I operate. Love it :-)

Hello nursie!

As expected. Quarter to midnight and I can't sleep. I know to stay strong and plough through. The last ten days or so I have been passin out from drinking. I look forward to deep nourishing sleep again soon.

Have a lovely dayxxxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good day Nesters, and :welcome: Newbies;

For the newbies....I cannot stress the importance of not only checking into MWO on a daily basis, but posting as well. Posting is absolutely crucial! There are going to be parts of your journey to recovery that are going to be unpleasant, frustrating, heartbreaking, and frightening. Embrace all of your emotions and work your way through them. Feel the fear and do it anyway with 100% commitment, and by all means post, post, post. The hardest part is over by way of making the decision to become AF, the rest is details that can be sorted out....so long as you stay 100%committed and guard your quit with all of your might. No matter what no matter who, it is ultimately you who is in control of your quit! Being free from alcohol was by far the best decision I have ever made, the feeling is wonderful.....I wish there was a way I could show all of you just how amazing it truly is. Be strong, stay committed, guard your quit and post, post, post. You can do this, I know you can.
                    "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                    ~Author Unknown
                    AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

MinStar;1498847 wrote: Hello guitarists and Lavande-

How are you lovelies?

Just off to bed. First night without AL in about ten days so I expect an uncomfortable sleep.
                      Been reading and reading forums here this evenings. I just stumbled on the one about books- love books- and managed to read about four or five in April- all in the first few weeks before I started several days of drinking. Anyhow- anyone read jason vale at the start of their quit? It was instrumental in helping me with mine- just wondering if it is something I should read from start to finish again to reiterate those brainwashing scheming trickery of AL? I recall reading that he says you can't re read it as the fhacts and figures aren't as shocking the second time. I did dip into it a few times but wonder of reading it in its entirety is the better option.

Anyhoooo hope everyone is snuggled down to bed or beginning a new AL free day!!

MinStar
                      I probably read Vale's book 4-5 times, usually monthly in the beginning. It made a huge shift in my thinking. Not a bad idea to reread it IMO.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey FlyAway, good to see you!!!

Just want to wish everyone a safe night in the nest. Stay put, use the nest belts & butt velcro

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone!!
                          I just got home from my anniversary celebration with my AA group. I got a 90 day chip and lots of congratulations.....My sponsor gave me a beautiful orchid and another friend gave me flowers.... I am full of gratitude.
                          I had to get up in front of everyone and tell my "story" I kept it very short but said the key to my success was going to meetings, calling my sponsor and going onto MWO everyday. Most people had never even heard of MWO!!! Anyway, a big gigantic thank you to everyone here.....:thanks::h
                          So, onto tackling 100 days!! Then 120 and then .... well, i figure that out in due time.....
                          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Jenniech!
                            Thanks flyaway- though I have a hard copy of the book I re-preferred a copy for my kindle so I have it on hand all the time! I think your right in reading it again- some parts reclicked in my mind but the little bit I read made me more determined than ever!

Night was restless- the one night my little girl decides to be unsettled I feel knackered!!

Hope everyone is well

Comment

Newbies Nest

Time zones are very different obviously, which is a bit rubbish about now!! Well done on your 90 days Jenniech...I am hoping for that at three months from now. And thanks to all the others for the encouraging words.

I had a horrible night of sweats and paranoia - really, really sick of this, since I seem to often manage two or three days off the booze, just long enough to feel better, then slam myself again and go through the withdrawals all over again. I am really fed up with it now. My dance class was cancelled this morning due to my teacher being sick, which I hated since it really does help get me going. I feel so sluggish today. I need to get up and go for a long walk, but sadly the weather is not co-operating, very unusual for where I live but today it is bucketing it down and the idea of walking isn't appealing! I think getting off the computer would be a good idea though, fresh air and some positivity. I felt my self esteem die today as the guy I was having an 'internet flirt' if you like with has obviously got a lovely girlfriend - a really lovely one, which he utterly deserves I might add - and although I always knew it was never going anywhere, am struggling with feelings of rejection and inadequacy, which are obviously all my own problem, not his. So in general feeling the solid depression and feelings of failure, and I might know where they come from and why - but I could do without those old demons right now. Very tearful and I need to get my s*&t together as I have so much work to do...
                              I am even annoyed with myself for writing on here when I should be writing my own stuff. Bleuggh.
                              Self anger - and I KNOW that is pointless. Need to find the positives....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Noor!!
                                I am 49 and I also had the night sweats while I was drinking and the first couple of weeks....I thought it was menopause :H These symptoms will pass ..... I know that sounds cliche, but it really is true. It sounds like you are TRYING to do the right things which is the most important... your mood will catch up with you . I can totally relate to your frustration about your dance class. And then the rain..... What about just dancing by yourself at home? Sounds a little strange, perhaps, but it will make you feel better! Exercise is crucial for me. That is one way I meditate....
                                I can hear your desire to see the positives.... I think the desire to change is the hardest but first step....being sober is HARD at first but WOW, is it so worth it.
                                As for the internet guy, good for you in not getting involved ..... you don't need more on your plate right now!
                                And let me say one last thing and this is the MOST important: Don't ever feel angry with yourself for posting here. Your posting is going to make you feel better, it is going to keep you sober, it is going to CHANGE YOUR LIFE ...... for me, the negatives in my life did not go away, but by posting here, I have been able to remain sober and slowly but surely the fog has lifted and I can meet life on life's terms with gratitude and contentment.
                                I just won't anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X