• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Brilliant post Fin. :goodjob:

Keep it going friend.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations, Fin!

You have earned every positive feeling you are now enjoying!!!

Love, NS :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Fin!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gosh, Fin, what a great post!! It is quite a process isn't it? That mirror doesn't lie...isn't it a relief to be able to look at yourself and like what you see....amazing job. Pretty soon, you'll be in uncharted waters like so many of us....it's a great place, too. Thank you for taking the time to write that....those 30 day posts are golden!! The transformation in people in that short amount of time is nothing short of a miracle. So proud of you! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great post Fin!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nest,
              Been a looong sober day. I was able to be there for my family who was having a bit of a crisis. I helped my stepdaughter navigate some very rough teen territory and still work and take my son to his little league game!
              I see how other moms are naturally sober, not a care in the world except being in the moment with their children and talking about their gardens. That's me now? I'm a regular citizen now?
              So bizarre and yet so comforting. I love this feeling of peace and serenity.
              The cravings pass. The good feelings of being sober never pass. They are abundant!
              Day 1 again 11/5/19
              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goo evening Nesters!

Long busy but productive day for me

CONGRATS Fin ~ stick with us now!!!
                For the majority of us moderating is just an epic joke, not gonna happen!

Dottie, so glad you enjoyed your day
                Hair color sounds like a good idea right about now.

Nursie, welcome to the world of regulars

Lola, long time no see!

Wishing everyone a safe & restful night in the nest.
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations to you Fin, well deserved.

Nursie......I still have to mentally pinch myself to remember that I am now a normal mum. I don't have to make excuses to avoid things with my kids that might interfere with my precious drinking time. I can be present.

Hi Magmom....I hope you are inspired to stay the course. Sometimes it can feel so hard and you may fear you are somehow different but, no matter how diverse the personalities and backgrounds one simple rule applies.........one day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Loved reading these. Day 4 here, off to dance class then hopefully normal writing day .. Still sweats last night but I think I am starting to get better, although it has been rougher than I expected, I am SO TIRED I can't believe it, just exhausted. Hoping this will pass as you all say it does.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, been great reading these posts. I am new here, day 6 and still struggling but getting there.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad you found the Nest, asmwp! This is a great place for support.
                        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Fin!!
                          It is a personal journey and no two paths are the same.....
                          If you fail in your attempt, get right back in the saddle!! I had to many many times.....and it is totally worth it once you "get it" (whatever that really means)
                          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey lovely nesters. A quick check in. Haven't had a chance to read so sorry bam off to lunch with a fellow mum.

Noor - also tired. Just take it as a reminder your body is healing. I am shattered and have had a good two nights sleep. :-) hugs and enjoy dance class!

Kuya &Nursie- being a mum and present for our little ones is the best gift we can give :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Hello & welcome asmwp!
                              Congrats on your 6 AF days, great work!
                              Please settle in & make yourself comfortable for a while.

Noor, wishing you continued strength, you are doing great!

I do know how hard this journey is in the beginning but the end result is your freedom - jujst keep that in mind

Have a great day one & all!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Fin! Way to go. Your post is very meaningful to me.

Dottie - congratulations on your retirement. Love your choice of hair color!!

Lola, your thoughts on what alcohol did to your social life hit home with me. Now, though, I'm not sure that I'm ready to go places where alcohol is being served, where before that was my main criteria for attending a social function.

To the moms in the group, I read a blog called Momastery, and the author is a recovering alcoholic, who has completely over hauled her life in a very positive way. She's a bit to religious for me, but I like her general message. Yesterday she shared a story of another amazing recovering mom who has done great things in the face of huge challenges, whle not going back to AL. I find it reassuring to hear (both on mwo and elsewhere) about people that recover and move on to accomplish great things. The struggle not drink will always be there, but eventually, I hope to focus more on other things.

I just may be making progress. Yesterday afternoon I was at whole foods, and they had my favorite wine prominently on display. What temptation - but I resisted. Also, last night at yoga during savasana, I was able to truly focus, I used to think about how I would "reward" myself for going with a glass of wine.

K9 - good luck on the transfer! My fingers are crossed. I applied for my dream job yesterday - hoping I at least get a chance to interview.

Best, cocoflo

Comment

Working...
                                X