Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

free at last;1500412 wrote: I am writing to follow up on No Sugar's comments about how MWO helped her get through a rough patch. I have been having lots of thoughts about post-30 days, what does that look like and how can I really live an AF life. One of my plans is that it is ok to think about having a glass of wine, probably even normal given the stage I am at, but before I come close to acting on the thought, I have to drink 3 glasses of seltzer water and read and post on MWO for one hour. Still working on other post-30 day plans and would love to hear any other suggestions.
    Hi Free,

I reckon that plan is a pearler. :goodjob:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nesters, we have a major award tonight! Please join me in congratulating Kreeves on 30 AF Days! This is big doings in our part of the woods. This is not easy by any stretch. We are all so proud of this accomplishment! Please accept this hat:

:day5:

Would you have a few words for the NewNewbies as to how you did it? What helped, what didn't? We are thrilled for you! Join me in celebrating with Kreeves, Pleeze!
      Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guitar, Day 13 was a gamechanger for me. Something clicked in my head....I reached back and grabbed that post for you....here is me: 2/2/11

Byrdlady;1053054 wrote: Day 13. Yesterday was EASY!!!! I'm so happy to report, that hubs was out of town and I had the perfect opportunity to have myself a high old time....but I didn't! The voices weren't as loud or as often, so day 13 was the day that I think I turned the corner. I feel good! I certainly haven't lost any weight...I am rewarding myself by saying, look, you can have anything in the world you want, except AL...now I need to reel myself in a bit and stop eating everything in sight. Finally finished off the last of the Christmas cookies I had in the freezer. For the first time in years, I feel like I'm getting control of my life, and it feels really good! ODAT! I could NOT have done it without this site.
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Free at Last....I posted this a couple weeks ago for some 30 dayers. Once you reach that goal, it's like now what? It's sort of wonderful, yet empty.....I think it's all part of the grieving process....DEPRESSION....see what you think:

As I mentioned to a response to Allan yesterday in his thread....he'd reached his 30 day goal and then felt like a bride coming back from her honeymoon...NOW WHAT? I was explaining to him that breaking free of alcohol is, in effect, ending a relationship. And I mean a long-standing, hard-core, abusive, solid relationship. In essence you are going thru the 5 stages of grieving. Anger (what brought you here..."I'm SICK of this crazy life!"), Denial (Maybe I'm not all that bad! What was I thinking? Other people drink as much or MORE than I do' I think this is where the biggest Pity Party is thrown...it comes after the first 2 weeks and before day 30), BARGAINING ( why don't I try to moderate? Other people are able to do it...if I could just have one precious glass of _____ I'd be ok, THEN I'll get right back on track..), Depression (Is THIS all there is? Where are the balloons? Is this as good as it's ever going to get? ' Well shit...'.) and finally, acceptance. Let me tell you, this is where it's at. You finally are able to accept that, NO, you CANNOT drink ....AT ALL. Not one, not ever.....and you are ok with this. This is the stage where you can see AL for what it really is....a DRUG. Some people abuse drugs and some people don't. We do. Each stage in grieving is very important. Once you can see what is going on and that you aren't going crazy, it helps...at least it did for me. What you are going thru is the natural stages of loss. If you stay the course, I promise it will get better....I can also make a promise the other way, too....if we stay on the path we were on....well, you get the picture. I can assure you there will be a day where you don't even think about AL! As hard as it is now....it seems hard to believe. As hardcore as I was, I can now come to the end of an evening and think...I'll be dam, I didn't even think about it. THAT is amazing! You will get there...it just takes some time. Please hang in with us...you can do it! If I can do it, you can too!!! Byrdie
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
            Yes byrd I am...seems like a huge weight has been lifted off my back....what a great feeling....right now I dont want to drink...funny for me and the good weather and all but maybe I have finally turned a corner.....
            Dottie
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdy. And thanks for taking the time.

Edit: p.s. Like you at 13 days, I can report I am feeling good. In every way.

Congratulations Kreevesy! That is a huge achievement to be sure.

Keep it going friend.

Hi Dottie!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1500429 wrote: Nesters, we have a major award tonight! Please join me in congratulating Kreeves on 30 AF Days! This is big doings in our part of the woods. This is not easy by any stretch. We are all so proud of this accomplishment! Please accept this hat:
                CONGRATULATIONS, KREEVES!

You have come so far in a month! I think this was your first post:

kreeves;1486883 wrote:
                I just joined today and I'm so thankful I found this site. I feel overwhelmed at the thought of not drinking but am encouraged by your posts and success stories. I have no days sober but I'm going to try to not drink tonight.

You sure don't seem too overwhelmed anymore! You are doing a great job!

:h NS

:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1500429 wrote: Nesters, we have a major award tonight! Please join me in congratulating Kreeves on 30 AF Days! This is big doings in our part of the woods. This is not easy by any stretch. We are all so proud of this accomplishment! Please accept this hat:

:day5:

Would you have a few words for the NewNewbies as to how you did it? What helped, what didn't? We are thrilled for you! Join me in celebrating with Kreeves, Pleeze!
                  Byrdie
                  Byrdie-
                  Thank you so much! For all you newbies, I promise 30 days ago I couldn't have imagined that I could go a week without alcohol, much less 30 days. The things that have helped me: reading the stories of others who drink like I did but who have been successful in remaining sober, waking up without a hang-over, enjoying the fact that I can remember the night before, prayer and the joy of living in an "awake" state rather than in a constant alcoholic haze. It's good to be wide awake even though at times reality can be frustrating and even downright boring. I'm understanding that life is full of "daily" things (if that makes sense) and that even though those "daily" things may not always be stimulating and glamorous, they absolutely weave the fabric of a rich and meaningful life. I have not regretted one moment of sobriety. That is not to say that there aren't times that I miss alcohol - there are those moments. However, I put my head down and that urge passes. I go to this website and there are always those nearby ready to encourage and help me stay the course. The best news of all is that even though it was a lonely road that brought all of us here, from this point in the journey, we are joined together by hope, celebration, and an understanding of each other and this dragon we all want to slay called alcohol.

Thanks for letting me ramble and thank you to all of the MWO members for the encouragement over the last 30 days.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations to Kreeves and great post. I am so happy for you, you should be very proud of yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

aw kreeves....WAY TO GO
                      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you guys so much! NS, I had forgotten what I even said in that first post. Feels so nice to be 30 days down the road...you all are great

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1500441 wrote: CONGRATULATIONS, KREEVES!

You have come so far in a month! I think this was your first post:

You sure don't seem too overwhelmed anymore! You are doing a great job!

:h NS

:
                          I strongly second this!
                          Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                          Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

CONGRATS kreeves!
                            30 days AF is a big deal - great work

I am super tired after a super long, busy day but happy & AF.
                            Spent some quality time with my grandsons tonight which I will count as today's exercose :H

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest.
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

congrats

30 days is super kreeves.
                              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

that helps

thank you byrdie. that is helpful. I am angry that I have to give up my beer. I really enjoy drinking that first one on Friday nite. I hate waking up on Sunday after that LOOONG drinking weekend. So I will work through the anger and enjoy waking up on Sunday, getting out of bed feeling great and actually doing something fun I want to do.
                                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X