Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Just finished a super long work week, with lots of thoughts about alcohol this afternoon. Made it to the pool, ate a good meal, drank lots of seltzer water and can now say day 29 is now behind me.

Congrats to NoSugar on 100 days -- you rock, girl. And, you inspire many of us. Enjoy your award.

Here's to another AF weekend.
    Free at Last
    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Newbies Nest

little beagle;1500894 wrote: Day zero:
      I too have no problem staying sober most of the time. One is too many and 1000 isn'tenough sums it up for me. I am 6 days af and I plan to hang with you guys tonite and make it 7.
      I had the most amazing capacity for alcohol......15 units a night, every night, and never missed a day of work, DUI, etc......just felt more and more anxious ill and depressed.

I had two hangovers in my life !

I was heading, slowly and surely to an early grave.....very quietly.

There were no rock bottoms just slow death.......this was the scary part, little incentive to stop.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Nester's,

Congratulations on 100 days No sugar. You are a star friend!

Day 14.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 4 begins here, and it's Saturday....Saturdays are a dangerous day for the kambob! :H

So the plan is to work until 12.00pm, pack the car and go for a drive down the Great Ocean Road to visit my son and his partner.....if I get there in time, there might be a spot of fishing in the pipeline.

Withdrawal symptoms at a minimum so far, no unmanageable side effects, cravings just once since Wednesday. Hoping for more of the same in the next couple of days. Well, actually hoping for more of the same for EVER, but I don't want to be too greedy...just a couple of days will do for now. I'll hope for more after these are used up!

kambob
          Remember: A craving will never last as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up wishing you'd drank the night before. (Thank you K9Lover)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kambob
            I identify with that bad day thing. Friday are my worst. I am so tired and frustrated that I drink before I think. Keeping up. Hope you catch that big one.
            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Just wanted to wish everyone a safe night in the nest - buckle up, hang on tight!
              Don't let Friday, Saturday or Sunday derail you. Plan ahead, keep your eye on your goal!
              You won't be sorry, promise

Kav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bumping up the Nest!!!!!

Rise & shine nesters, prepare for a lovely AF Saturday
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande
                  Thank you for that encouragement for the weekend.
                  Planning really does help.:thanks:
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone! Here's a pic to help motivate you (OK, well maybe just me )

Remember, when it seems too hard -

Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all! I'm back to MWO after a fall from sobriety. Had two years, ugh. Back in the saddle though. AF day two!!! Yesterday was a little rough. Antsy, no sleep the night before, all the typical crap that happens when we quit. Slept 7 hrs last night, feel human today!! Still kinda tired so I may hop back in bed. Have a good Saturday!
                      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Newbies Nest

Two weeks today, and feeling really good. I have a major temptation coming up next week, but I'm not going to let it stop me. I'm going to visit my best friend from high school, and she is ready to party, I just know it. But I'm sending her an email today to let her know that I will be more than happy to be the DD that night because you know who will be sober.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Nesters,

Just back from a pub dinner with beautiful and warm company. Very nice.

Safe and sound at home now late Saturday night. Chilled, thrilled, and the feelings good.

Green and gold Velcro attached, check.

Well done on 2 weeks Rooni! And day 2 Brittzak!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters! Good to see everyone checking in!
                            Brittzzak thank you for joining us here in the nest! This is a great place to get your head together and get on the AF way. We're glad you're here.

I have a big day today! I am meeting Ann Carolina for lunch!! I'm about to pop with excitement! She is on her way now!! I tell you, when I first came here I sure didn't think there were ANY silver linings to this disease. But in 3 years' time, I am sober and have made some really close, wonderful friends....not just friends, lifesavers, really. A lot can happen in a short amount of time, if you let it! Stay put, interact, and keep sober!!

Have a wonderful Sattidy, everyone! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Roonifred
                              Hang in there and be strong when your friend visits. You can do it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone! I had a wonderful visit with Ann Carolina today! Gosh, it was so strange to talk to someone face to face about this...I have never done that before! I felt as if I've known her all my life! 4 hours flew by like 4 minutes. She is a jewel!

Good to see you, Little Beagle! You doing ok today? I know weekends are tough but it's all a mindset. Take it in 15 minute increments if you have to. I try to concentrate on all the things I do have instead of the one thing I don't. That helps get over the rough spots. Thinking of you....

Have a great evening all....it has been a very good day! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X