Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
    Went to an outdoor education event at a local farm...just loving my garden and learning more about how to grow without pesticides etc....good therapy....
    dottie
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yay Byrd and Ann! Two of my favorite people! I'm so glad you had a nice time.
      I'm holding steady at 76 days.
      Got a lot of work done around the house, still so much to do. We are spreading crusher run all day tomorrow for the driveway. I might die, so if I don't check in, it is because I am being held hostage by my brother who makes me work like a dog! Lol
      Day 1 again 11/5/19
      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

Day 15.

Think positive.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you byrdie:
          Just hang in there today. Went W/daughter to clean church today. We had a talk about my goals. She is on my side.
          Nite all . I'll check back in A.M.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

I'm up a bit too early but enjoying my coffee anyway

Byrdie, glad you enjoyed your visit with Ann yesterday!

Dottie, are you doing a veggie garden this summer?

Greetings G, little beagle, Nursie & everyone.
            I will be outside working more garden beds today & staying out of trouble :H

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, day 15 here - half way to 30 days. Maybe this time will really stick? I went back and looked at some of my earliest posts on this site and another site I used to post to. Man, I've been struggling with the same issues for a long time. I read posts from literally YEARS ago that could have been written today. Why is this lesson so freakin' hard to learn?

You drink, you lose. Bottom line. And trust me, you lose A LOT.

If I compiled all my posts and put them into a book, no one would buy it because each chapter would be the same - I drink, I feel awful, I attempt to quit, I relapse - REPEAT OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Where is that chapter where the main character finally sees the light and makes the step to getting out of this hell hole?

I jokingly told someone that I was ready for "chapter 2" in my life. And now this whole book analogy comes into my head about drinking. Coincidence? I think not.

I hope everyone is enjoying a sober Sunday. I know I am!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all,
                Hi Rooni, sounds like you are on the right track!
                Lavande, I haven't even started my beds! And now they are full of grass and weeds! Bad Nursie. I have vacation coming for the anniversary of my brother's death and I plan to make a beautiful memorial garden right where he used to help me every year.
                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all:
                  Nursie, i am a gardener. my drinking got in the way, but now I plan to get back at it. Of course all this rain in South Louisiana is not helping, the garden is pretty well flooded right now and weeds very tall.
                  Byrdie:
                  Thanks for all encouragement in this. I feel so much better then a week ago, I'm not even sure I am the same person.
                  My question to everyone is "how do you deal with living with someone with AL problems and as you know my hubby not only drinks, but does other bad stuff as well" I'm just trying to come to grips with this one. Last night I was so irritable I wanted to scratch my own brain out. I drank 2 NA beers which helps. O'Douls. I am glad they have those next door at the little store and I think an alternative. What do you think?
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
                    Dot Belle, one year I grew veggies in pots! I was really puffed up about it, took pictures for FaceBook, brought neighbors into the back yard to see my pots of parsley and lettuces, my okra....I was a day tops, from winning a Blue Ribbon for pot gardening (not THAT kind of pot!).....then one morning I went out to see the babies and the parsley was a stand of mere stalks....nary a leaf or curly greenery to be found. All that I could see were 6 big fat caterpillars looking up at my with gluttonous faces and parley dripping down on their enormous chins....giving me the fingers (multiple hands). It was an infestation of biblical proportions. I thru it all in the trash! Dirt and all! It was too much to take! The humanity!!! Dam critters! Don't discount the power of bugs! I'm so glad you are finding joy in the yard...you sound better and brighter already! Keep planting those sober seeds and they will reap a bountiful crop (happiness and peace!)

Rooni, if my year of 2010 were a book, I'D have burned it! A year I tried and failed and tried and failed.....why the hell wasn't I getting it? I ALWAYS gave in! I didn't know how to fight DICKHEAD! That spoiled child always got its way because he got louder and more obnoxious every time he pitched a fit. Until one day, I DID fight it. The crave that nearly gets you can also be the one that saves you, if you let it. That cycle of Groundhog Day will go on as long as we let it...that's what DH wants us to do....you have to pull out the stops and fight him with all you've got. THIS TIME, do not make way for him...NO MATTER WHAT. That's what breaks the cycle. I know you can do it. I was so sick of myself doing it that I knew no one else wanted to hear it....but that last time stuck. If this were easy, ev'body'd be doing it! Hang in there and fight...it is worth fighting for!!

Great to see everyone this morning! Make it a safe and sober Sunday!! XXOO, Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

getting through the day without AL. It's been a great weekend. I am actually looking forward to tomorrow. YEAH

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1501571 wrote:

Until one day, I DID fight it. The crave that nearly gets you can also be the one that saves you, if you let it.
                        Greetings Nester's!

Brilliant quote Byrdy, and true.

Great stuff LB.

P.S. I am very grateful for the nest.

Keep kicking arse y'all.

Day 16.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Once again it's been a long time since I have checked in with everyone and the first thing I see is Byrdlady's comment
                          A year I tried and failed and tried and failed.....why the hell wasn't I getting it? I ALWAYS gave in! I didn't know how to fight DICKHEAD! That spoiled child always got its way because he got louder and more obnoxious every time he pitched a fit. Until one day, I DID fight it. The crave that nearly gets you can also be the one that saves you, if you let it. That cycle of Groundhog Day will go on as long as we let it...that's what DH wants us to do....you have to pull out the stops and fight him with all you've got. THIS TIME, do not make way for him...NO MATTER WHAT. That's what breaks the cycle. I know you can do it. I was so sick of myself doing it that I knew no one else wanted to hear it....but that last time stuck. If this were easy, ev'body'd be doing it! Hang in there and fight...it is worth fighting for!!
                          I want to get it too. I go 3 to 4 weeks without drinking and then cae. I'm so tired of being "that" person.
                          :hitme:
                          Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Mimi, you can put a stop to it any time you want!
                            The trick is really, really wanting to stop more than you want to continue to drink.
                            It's called commitment ~ you decide when & we'll be here cheering you on

Byrdie, I know the caterpillars you're talking about. They show up in my herb garden every year Since I garden organically & won't spray anything toxic on my plants I've had no choice. I have to remove those creatures from my plants by hand - gross.

My lilacs are blooming - yay!

little beagle, I'm happy to hear you are feeling stronger

G, awesome on your 16 days!!!

Wishing everyone a very safe night in the nest!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

Made it through another weekend it's the downtime that gets me.

Anyway, Rooni, stick it out. As Lav said, you have to want to quit more than you want to drink. I think I may have reached that point, as the cycle of drinking, embarrassing myself, vowing to quit, but then just drinking later that day or the next day was getting to be too much. The movie ground hog day comes to mind......

Thank you for the "fighting" words Byrdie, inspired me to continue the battle.

Goodnight all,
                              Cocoflo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Little Beagle, your question is a tough one. I would struggle with that too, it must be really hard for you to stay sober. Hope you are taking care of yourself!

Comment

Working...
                                X