Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Glad you're feeling better KY.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

happy birthday mimi!!! I am 49 too but have been since the last day I drank on 1/27. I think it is a great time to start becoming who you really are without AL!!!
      :bday7:
      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday mimi! Congratulations on moving forward without AL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Happy birthday Mimi!
          Today is a great day to stay sober - sober birthdays rock
          Let go of any guilt, it serves no purpose. Put all of your energy into developing newer, more positive thinking skills.

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nite all. Still hanging in there w/you all. Busy day.
            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 9 here, no booze or cigs, and survived Spring Fiesta weekend as well as tapas with friends. Stayed on sparkling water and nobody even commented - the good thing about Spain, maybe!
              It took a whole week for the withdrawal symptoms to abate which tells me everything I needed to know about the size of the problem. I won't be going back.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Noor and Beagle.

A good point Noor, a week for the drug to leave when most people think it is when your blood alcohol is zero. People don't realise the body pushes it from your blood into your organs and fat, most people are NEVER really sober.........a world run by people on continuous hangover......no wonder it is a mess!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hmmm - I wonder if that's why I have been feeling so strange over the last few days. I wake up with hang-over like symptoms (though not nearly as bad as they were when I was actually drinking). Dry mouth, slight headache, extreme fatigue. And I have had a slight jitteriness or shakiness reminiscent of the first few days after quitting. I have been a lot more active lately and I'm sure I have probably lost a pound or two. I wonder if some of those residual toxins are now being worked into my system?
                  Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren136;1502333 wrote: Hmmm - I wonder if that's why I have been feeling so strange over the last few days. I wake up with hang-over like symptoms (though not nearly as bad as they were when I was actually drinking). Dry mouth, slight headache, extreme fatigue. And I have had a slight jitteriness or shakiness reminiscent of the first few days after quitting. I have been a lot more active lately and I'm sure I have probably lost a pound or two. I wonder if some of those residual toxins are now being worked into my system?
                    Funny you should say this Siren, there is a rehab program that uses sauna to detox patients faster as they sweat out drugs quicker.
                    I took saunas on four consecutive nights last week and felt extremely irritable this week. Plus I have been losing weight again and wonder if my moodiness is down to shedding stored toxins.

Fascinating eh?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Did not know your body could store toxins that long. Thanks for that info.
                      I'm off to work today. Busy week. I have to watch that. Makes me want a drink by weeks end. But not with help.
                      One day at a time.
                      Hope you are okay Fin. Have a great day all
                      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

On my own now

Hello everyone - and congrats on all the positive vibes here in the nest. I've not had a chance to post much as I've had a busy week with work and then guests staying over the Bank Holiday weekend - but happy to report still AF!

I made the decision to stop taking Antabuse on Friday as I've been suffering from terrible headaches. I'm not totally sure if it's a side effect, but I'm not normally a headache sufferer and for four consecutive days I had a vice like grip all round my head that started around lunchtime and got gradually worse as the day went on until I had to go to bed because it hurt so much. I still have a slight headache today - but as my cravings are quite low I thought I would just use AB as an emergency back up from now on.

My daughter had a big BBQ yesterday with all of her friends in our garden (23 year olds) and I'm not sure if it was deliberate but there was not one bottle of wine in sight! The girls were drinking Pimms and the boys beer - although I was pleased to notice that many of them just stuck to cokes and lemonade. Usually I would have used the excuse to down several bottles of my favourite white - and would just have assumed that everyone else was drunk too - but this was definitely a group of sober young people.

Anyway - happy Tuesday everyone - it's great to be in the sober crowd today!!
                        Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters! We've got some impressive numbers going up over on the roll call boards! This is a big day for several folks! As soon as they check in with us I'll be attending to their prizes!
                          Hope everyone has a wonder AF Tuesday! Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello hello!

The sun is shining and I am happy to be one week in to AF May :-D

I mentioned on my diary that I was feeling a bit odd on the boards yesterday as feel I have got off lightly with no cravings or withdrawal symptoms. Just wish I'd done this a long time ago... But don't we all?!

Have a great day xx
                            AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Looking forward to seeing my daughter & grandaughter today. Guess we'll just hang out here though, rain is on the way too.
                              Grateful to be happy & healthy to enjoy these special times.

CONGRATS on your AF week Wine-no!
                              The first week is the hardest, regardless of symptoms you are making positive changes.

Snap, hope your headache is gone soon. Stck close to us, don't let any cravings get to you.

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a terrific AF Tuesday!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi!! New here!

Hello everyone. I am really glad I found this forum, I seem to have been searching and searching and then giving up.

I have been a binge drinker for almost 15 years now. I can go days, sometimes a few weeks without drinking, but then I have 1 glass of wine, which leads to 2 - 3 bottles by the time I am done. I blackout, and can't remember anything. My husband is always with me, but he says I was fine, I just passed out on the couch, or if we are over friends houses, he tells me everyone was drinking. I don't think everyone drinks like me.

I feel as if I have to chug down the wine to catch a buzz, so I drink them so fast. I hate this pattern because then I always seem to wind up looking like an ass at a family party. I am sure everyone talks about me. I have a toddler at home, too and I really don't want to continue this way in front of her.

I never went to AA, just looking for any suggestions. Like I said I can go long stretches with no wine, but it seems like once I am in a social setting, a party, etc...I drink entirely way too much. My husband is helpful but sometimes I think he just sugarcoats everything so I don't feel so bad.

Any sugguestions? Thanks so much!!

I am so tired of this evil cycle and what it is probably doing to the inside of my body!

Plus, my whole workout routine is a mess because being hungover sucks, and then I am so depressed, and feel like the biggest loser. I hate myself for this. I just want to stop completely!

:thanks: :new:

Comment

Working...
                                X