Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey PrincessJ and a big warm welcome! You have landed in a great place if you are ready to take your life back! I want to point you to a couple of places on this site, the Tool Box is loaded (drinking joke) with tips and coping skills to help you. You could read in there for a month and still not get it all! Everything you ever wanted to know about this affliction is in there if you take the time to look! The link is in my byline below. ALSO, when you hit New Posts and see the catagories to the right, see the General Discussion Link...then you go there you'll see at the top of that page the Rain In My Heart Documentaries. There are 10 of them in all. They detail the lives of various drinkers and it is quite sobering. Here on this site, you'll find folks like me who started out just drinking on weekends or special occasions, progressed into every day at 5, then every day at 4, then at the end I was starting at 2:30 on weekdays and 10:30 A.M. on weekends!! Many are like you, binge drinkers. The point being, if AL is causing you a problem and you find you have no OFF SWITCH, then you are in the right place for help! The problem is that first drink!!

Please read back a week or so here and get to know us, then jump right in! Stick close to the nest and you will be well on your way to recovery! We are so glad you're here!!

Wine-no, Kuya has said this best...I should archive these posts!!! It's the FEAR of quitting that has kept us from doing this!! The actual 'doing it' ain't so bad!!! I'm so happy for you! Keep with it, it only gets better from here! Congratulations on your moon!

Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome PrincessJ!

I was like you, I could go a few days with no drinking, but then once I cracked open that first beer, it ALWAYS led to a blackout. I'd drive drunk to get more, and many other awful things. Waking up with mysterious bruises was "normal" for me. Going to work with a hangover was usual. I never realized how bad I felt until I stopped drinking and actually started feeling good!

It may seem like a huge daunting task right now, but you CAN stop drinking and actually enjoy it! Take it slow and don't think too far into the future. Keep checking in with us! I look forward to getting to know you!

K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you so much byrdlady and K9 lover! I am crying just reading this! I am strong! I know I can do it! K9, I will do what you said....take it slow. I keep getting so worried because we can an event coming up where I know there is going to be alcohol, and everyone will be drinking....I am so worried I will do what I usually do and pound them down..then it catches up to me before I realize, and there is the blackout....

I will keep reading and thank you for all your support!!

xo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Me too. I am a binger. I start but cannot stop. Finding Mwo is one of the best things to happen to me. Hope to keep hearing from you princessjolsen.
          You can stop drinking. Use Mwo as as a tool. It has worked for me so far.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters! I hope you'll join me in congratulating Jenni for 100 DAYS TODAY!
            Here's for giving AL 'The Bird'!!!
            :finger:

This is a huge achievement! It's serious time and effort! Not only have you saved yourself from the pit of this disease but are helping others as well. Thank you for everything you do and how you lead by example! Well done!! Byrdie
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jenni, Yahoooo!! 100 DAYS TODAY? Totally awesome.
              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1502586 wrote: Hey Nesters! I hope you'll join me in congratulating Jenni for 100 DAYS TODAY!
                Here's for giving AL 'The Bird'!!!
                :finger:

Congratulations, Jennie!

I think we've learned so much over the last 100 days or so - let's never forget!

I'm so glad to have gotten to know you.

love, NS
                :h:h:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Spiderwoman got her Flying Underpants today, too, for 150 Days!!!

:flyingunders:

All of these major accomplishments began with Day 1....the days just add up!
                  Great job everyone!! Byrdie
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Contracts jennie
                    hello Fin. Still hanging in there?
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

damn auto correct on smart phone!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATULATIONS TO JENNI AND SPIDEY!

Well done you two.

Spidey did you get the four month magic? I felt sooooo much better from there.

Jenni you have worked so hard for this, I know in a few days the peace will descend and the 'battle' will ease to occasional skirmishes.

:welcome: to Princess......I hope you are inspired to kick this demon out of your life. It only gets worse.
                        It is common for partners to be dismissive, it is not THEIR body and mind. They also may feel you are highlighting their own problem AND they don't want to lose their drinking buddy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

you guys have brought tears to my eyes....thank you SO MUCH for all of your encouragement and support. Speaking from experience, you REALLY CAN NOT do this alone. Without my friends here on MWO I would be lost.
                          I am honored and happy to have gotten to know each and everyone of you and I really look forward to getting to know, helping and encouraging all of you who are new!!!
                          It is a rollercoaster ride but oh, so worth it. Life is beautiful without alcohol!!!
                          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great work jenniech and spidey! So proud of your accomplishments, I want to be where you are one day...flying underpants look so awesome! Sending you a wave of congrats!!!

:wave:
                            On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATS Jennie & Spidey
                              Terrific accomplishments by both of you!!

Hello & welcome Princessj!

I hope everyone has a comfy & safe night in the nest

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,I'm day 38 today,l was talking to an old friend from out of town,told her l quit drinking,she said why,and than she said that's okay l guess,like she was unsure, l told her LM still the same person just don,t want alcohol to define me,she kind of made me feel a bit unsure,l than talked to my supportive husband,he didn't like when she questioned me,but l guess it's cause she likes to drink,anyway,l am doing okay,my first party is sat,see how that goes ,hope well,so far l am okay with not drinking,LM reading a lot of good info on what it does to the body,so l want to quit for good,really hope l have it in me,l really like having a clear head,so much nicer going to work fresh,my weekends feel like mini holidays now,so Lt,s way better,hope everyone is having a great week,happy non drinking to you all,soon much healthier will be!!

Comment

Working...
                                X