Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Snapdragon
    the alternate days didn't work for me . seemed as if there was too much in me about 3 hrs after taking it so went to a daily dose of half. that's the same overall and i feel much better. today im having a bad day and don't relish going home to the stress environment. it is nice to know i CANNOT touch it but going through the "Why me" stages right now.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1503851 wrote: She ordered one beer and left the last swig of it (who DOES that???)
      Absolutely classic. Not me, that's for sure!
      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello again- tryin to stop thoughts of a glass creeping in. I have that Friday feeling. Trying to stay strong. Just ate something and trying get through this hour. D1 is always so hard :-(

Comment

Newbies Nest

MinStar;1503923 wrote: Hello again- tryin to stop thoughts of a glass creeping in. I have that Friday feeling. Trying to stay strong. Just ate something and trying get through this hour. D1 is always so hard :-(
          Get some soda water and cranberry juice. Poured over ice it's very satiating and instantly helps quench my IPA cravings.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the encouragement yesterday! I was having such a miserable day.

Minstar, stick it out, you won't regret it.

Peaceful, Sober Friday to all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks cocoflo and fin- :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

I had a business lunch today. there were 5 of us and I got stuck in the middle of one side of booth. The women on either side of me both ordered wine. The guys ordered beer. I ordered Iced Tea. They sipped that wine like there was no tomorrow. They both left their glasses unfinished so I got to stare at two glasses of wine right under my nose for two hours today. The guys each had 3 glasses of beer and sambuca with their coffee (yes, I counted) IT SUCKED. It really played with my head and I am irritated as a result! We were in this swanky restaurant and they were having a grand old time. So I finally escaped, came home and mowed my lawn. That is very meditative for me. I feel much better now and ready to spend the rest of this beautiful friday AF.

I avoid those situations at all cost!!! But sometimes, business requires it unfortunately.
                I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings All,

Have taken a break from My Way Out. I felt uncomfortable when I realized that some folks "hover" over Newbies Nest but are not openly part of the community. Seems sneaky to me: less than transparent. I still don't like the idea of it, but want to check in and say that sobriety is a beautiful thing. Many thanks to ALL who supported me during those first difficult weeks.

I am well and happy and nearly ready to graduate. Hooray!!

I send my love and prayers and positive energy to all fledglings in The Nest. Hey, there's no better place to be!! :hithere:
                  Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                  pointed the way
                  with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

what do you mean "hover"
                    Is there any reason other than trying to get AF?
                    I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

BTW, we missed you Tess
                      I am so happy to hear you are AF.....what an accomplishment!!!
                      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jenniech
                        i know how you feel. Congrats on staying strong. I am with you
                        hey Fin. Glad to know you are with us tonight.
                        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Minstar, dig your heels in and do not give in to that spoiled child who wants her way. Get thru it this one last time and you will never have to do this again. Giving in only makes it worse, it reinforces the behavior and while you'd think it can't get any harder than it is...it can! Distraction, distraction, distraction....whatever it takes to get thru this day sober! You can do it! Keep reading on here....that will keep you honest! The only way to beat this Beast is to starve it!

Tess-2 GREAT to see you! I'm so happy that you checked in with us!!! Congrats to your sober self!!!

Jennie, that took crust today....good job on holding your own. I'd have been worthless the rest of the afternoon having had drinks at lunch. Even I didn't do that!!! You must be very proud of yourself now....you didn't miss out on a thing...it's just stuff in a glass. Getting thru situations like that are what separates the winners from the Also-rans!!! Stay the course and you will never regret it. I have not regretted one day of being sober....but I am eaten up with regret about being drunk!!

Lav, sorry I embellished your saying about Fridays....it just makes a better story! Ehehehe....
                          Stay strong everyone! Zero Tolerance Policy! Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

little beagle;1504046 wrote: Jenniech
                            i know how you feel. Congrats on staying strong. I am with you
                            hey Fin. Glad to know you are with us tonight.
                            Yep, all in so to speak...have a great AF night, all...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1504023 wrote: Greetings All,

Have taken a break from My Way Out. I felt uncomfortable when I realized that some folks "hover" over Newbies Nest but are not openly part of the community. Seems sneaky to me: less than transparent. I still don't like the idea of it, but want to check in and say that sobriety is a beautiful thing. Many thanks to ALL who supported me during those first difficult weeks.

I am well and happy and nearly ready to graduate. Hooray!!

I send my love and prayers and positive energy to all fledglings in The Nest. Hey, there's no better place to be!! :hithere:
                              Hi Tess
                              I guess I am what you would term a hoverer(is that a word?)so I thought I would explain what we are.
                              I don't post much except for roll call and the odd encouragement but every day I read the NN for help and inspiration.I am now sober over 200 days and it is totally down to the NN
                              and the likes of Byrdy,Kuya , Lav, K9 et al .But equally the people who have just joined, or are struggling ,or who are tempted or who are just pissed off with being not able to drink normally are making the same contribution to my sobriety.
                              So, why dont I post more or contribute then?I feel that that usually anything I would have said has been said sooner and better by someone else.I feel that its ok not to post if I dont feel like it.Some times I feel shy,sometimes my ADHD kicks in and halfway through typing I say "aaah fuck it"and cancel my reply.Sometimes I have nothing to say.What I am trying to say is that there is probably a million reasons why someone might not "contribute" to the nest but I would not believe for a second they are there for any other reason than to get sober.That is what it is there for and that is why so many wonderful people spend their time giving help and advice there.So to start calling people sneaky seems to me a bit unfair.I looked back through my posts and even though I have read every single post in the NN since I joined, I contribute rarely.But for me (and others I hope)it is the most important area of the site.It is where everyone joining is directed to and to be called sneaky is
                              (I think) very harsh.not everyone is articulate,not everyone has a college degree,and sometime its as simple as not everyone is ready to talk.
                              AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Patrick!
                                I always feel your presence....and take inspiration from your daily roll call
                                :thanks:
                                I just won't anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X