Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

After reading your post Tess, I'm off to soak in a bubble bath too! Hope everyone is doing well...:h
    On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in. I made it another weekend af.:wd:
      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrd i like that one very much!!!
        Dottie
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

HELLO NESTERS, I am just checking in to say Hi and that I have almost completed Day 6 af. AB has been a great tool for me. Will check in again tomorrow. Good night Nesters

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nest,

Just checking in on day 11 for me. I believe I have finally broken the chains of AL from my life. I have tried so many times before only to fail again, but this time feels different. It is like my mindset is different.

Anyway sorry for rambling. Just wishing everyone strength for a sober day!

Check in later - JDG
            Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

JackDanielsGirl;1505413 wrote: It is like my mindset is different.JDG
              JDG,

I think once you truly believe you can do it and are willing to put this foremost in your list of priorities, you can do it. This really is mostly a mental thing - the physical problems are relatively short-lived and manageable with all the tools we have available.

I think my half-hearted attempts to quit on my own last year actually did me more harm than good - they made me think I couldn't do it and that quitting is a very scary and difficult thing.

It was not until I joined MWO and had my brain changed by my experiences here that I believed I could
              do it and became 100% committed. To anyone having a hard time, please know that it is not as frightening or hard as it may feel like right now. Keep at it and let that switch in your brain be flipped! In a relatively short time (much, much, much shorter than the time most of us spent drinking uncontrollably), your life can in your
              control.

It sounds like you are where you need to be, JDG!! :goodjob:

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
                Lav, You and the girls aren't the only ones having to break out the blankets again! I've said 5 times now, "Summer's finally here!" and then, BAM....brrrrrr.

Wonderful posts already this morning! Mindsets are changing all over the world about AL! That's a good thing...knowledge is power! Knowing what to expect every step of the way is mighty good knowledge, too.

Hope everyone has a super Tuesday! We are alive and reading this, so that's a pretty good start!! XXOO, Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you NS for your post. Yes it is all about believing we can do it, and this time i do BELIEVE not only that I can but I will.

It is scary at first but after the shakes and anxiety and fatigue pass it gets better with every passing minute and it is a lot sooner than most people think.

Once we pass this stage life becomes good and then it becomes great, now I can remember the things I do with my family and friends, and actually WANT to do stuff with them. AL made me a recluse I did not want anyone to know I was still drinking. Now it is like bring on the world I am ready.
                  Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

little beagle;1505307 wrote: Checking in. I made it another weekend af.:wd:
                    little beagle, making it another weekend AF is awesome and exciting. Nice work!! Your body thanks you. Your spirit thanks you. All of us who are cheering you on thank you. You give us courage and confidence. And we can't have too much of that!! :yes2:

Those of you who know me know that I love to read. I am a book glutton. So you will understand me and forgive me if I am forever quoting authors. Yes?

This morning I read from Cheryl Strayed's Tiny Beautiful Things: "The healing power of even the most microscopic exchange with someone who knows in a flash precisely what you are talking about because he or she has experienced that thing too cannot be overestimated."

For me, that is part of the power of Newbies Nest. Yes, the information gained here is important and essential. But connecting with others who "know in a flash" what I am talking about is a life raft in the violent ocean of alcoholism. And so we offer this gift to each other: nonjudgmental support -- because we have all been drowning in the ocean at one time or another.

Hugs All Around ~ :huggy
                    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                    pointed the way
                    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's great to read so many positive posts here and I wanted to share that finally at 44 days I am feeling so much stronger, alcohol isn't my first and foremost thought of every day - in fact I can get through pretty much the entire day on occasions without thinking about it much - a massive step forward for me.

The turning point seemed to be around day 35 (a long time I know and I was beginning to think I would never get out of the alcohol grip). I thought I would share this with you all as when I was on day 10, 20 and even 30 I was starting to feel disheartened wondering if I would still be craving madly 6 months or a year down the line and I was beginning to feel like giving up and cracking open a bottle.

Everyone has a different turning point - some are lucky to reach it early on but others (like me) seem to take a lot longer - but stick with it. It WILL happen for you and life is so much better when you get there.

Not being complacent though - and still taking every day as it comes! :sun::lilflower::chick::butterfly:
                      Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1505496 wrote: Tiny Beautiful Things: "The healing power of even the most microscopic exchange with someone who knows in a flash precisely what you are talking about because he or she has experienced that thing too cannot be overestimated."
                        That is a wonderful quote Tess - and so very true! Thank you for sharing.
                        Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Snap, I understand what you mean. I was 6 months along and would read posts from folks with half that time doing better than I was. But, mercifully, the MindPeace DOES come! You just have to give time, time. If you stick it out, it will surely come to you. Great job on your 44 days!! Byrdie
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters......good positive vibes today

Snap I remember having a very frustrating time between a month and four months sober.....so up and down emotionally.

Healing is not linear or predictable, it happens in steps and varies from person to person. I notice that leaps in healing have always been preceded by a very irritable few days. I think the brain is 'rewiring', which causes mental confusion and poor mood.

Now a bad patch is welcomed as a signal of better things to come.

I have Byrdie to thank for helping me hang tough during those periods, they didn't make me want to drink but I found it hard to be in my own skin, so to speak.

Thank you Byrdie :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh wow, Ku, what a nice thing to say!!! Thank you!

The uncomfortable times really are followed by smoother waters. Getting over hurdles makes those muscles stronger! Sometimes you just have to fake it til you make it, but it is really worth it to get out the other side. Other than checking in here, I seldom give AL a thought during the course of a day. It is wonderful!! It is freedom! You will get there, one day at a time....it is a magical formula! Byrdie
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wanted to say thanks for all you inspirational posts....day four almost done! Still fighting the booze brain and the what will I do on this occasion and that occasion, but I know it is one day at a time. I truly don't think I really never knew the power alcohol had/has over me until I tried to stop. It still makes me sad! And I still don't know how my relationship with alcohol will end, but for now I can put another day under my belt and just see what tomorrow brings. Good night all , and a a wonderful evening! :h
                                Change your thoughts, and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

Comment

Working...
                                X