Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Judestir;1505669 wrote: Just wanted to say thanks for all you inspirational posts....day four almost done! Still fighting the booze brain and the what will I do on this occasion and that occasion, but I know it is one day at a time. I truly don't think I really never knew the power alcohol had/has over me until I tried to stop. It still makes me sad! And I still don't know how my relationship with alcohol will end, but for now I can put another day under my belt and just see what tomorrow brings. Good night all , and a a wonderful evening! :h
    Dear Judestir,

At Day 4 most, if not all, alcohol is out of your body. You may not know it, but you've made it through some of the roughest days (based on my experience).

Alcohol is extremely powerful. It has destroyed countless lives. And the death toll continues to ring.

I must be honest with you. I say this with love and care. If you do not know how your relationship with alcohol will end, you are leaving the decision to alcohol. If you allow alcohol to choose for you, then you will most likely drink again. And once the drinking starts, you will be back to square one.

The only way to get the upper hand with alcohol is to take the upper hand. A "line in the sand" must be drawn, a line which you will not cross. No alcohol.

As far as "what you will do on this occasion and on that occasion" goes, there is only one choice: no alcohol. And in making that choice, you are choosing joy for yourself and helping others to make the same life-saving decision. We live in a society that is literally saturated with alcohol abuse and addiction. Say no. Set an example. Dare to be defiant in a beautiful way. :rockon:

Goodnight to you. And sweet dreams. ~
    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
    pointed the way
    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1505671 wrote: Dear Judestir,

At Day 4 most, if not all, alcohol is out of your body. You may not know it, but you've made it through some of the roughest days (based on my experience).

Alcohol is extremely powerful. It has destroyed countless lives. And the death toll continues to ring.

I must be honest with you. I say this with love and care. If you do not know how your relationship with alcohol will end, you are leaving the decision to alcohol. If you allow alcohol to choose for you, then you will most likely drink again. And once the drinking starts, you will be back to square one.

The only way to get the upper hand with alcohol is to take the upper hand. A "line in the sand" must be drawn, a line which you will not cross. No alcohol.

As far as "what you will do on this occasion and on that occasion" goes, there is only one choice: no alcohol. And in making that choice, you are choosing joy for yourself and helping others to make the same life-saving decision. We live in a society that is literally saturated with alcohol abuse and addiction. Say no. Set an example. Dare to be defiant in a beautiful way. :rockon:

Goodnight to you. And sweet dreams. ~
      Well said Tess. The cure for our shared problem is non negotiable

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all!

Long & super busy day for me but everyone lived
        I'm not getting any younger but sometimes I am amazed when I see what all I accomplished in a days time :H I owe that to good old fashioned healthy living & a clear head.

Great to see everyone moving along so nicely.
        Byrdie, there actually was a light frost on the grass this morning, Brrrr!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 4 another success

It's late evening and I just got home from my 2nd job -- found absolutely no temptation to stop in at the liquor store on the way home. I'm enjoying knowing that along with waking clear-eyed and clear-headed, I can also tally up my calories for the day and not have to take into account an extra 500-100 or so for booze. I've been thinking about what someone here said about our bodies having been like mixed-fuel hybrids vehicles and that we have to give them time to readjust. I told myself all day long as I noshed out of my Clean Eats cooler bag that my body is busy recalibrating, and when it figures out it needs that extra few lbs of fuel it's been storing around my middle, my Size 2's are going to feel like an easy fit again reeeeeelly quickly.

Meanwhile, off to bed -- have a wonderful night and sweet dreams, everyone -

BRL

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1505673 wrote: Well said Tess. The cure for our shared problem is non negotiable
            Thank you, kuya. Yes, the cure is non negotiable because we do not wish to die. Alcohol is one of the great destroyers of joy and life and all that matters. Ask anyone who has taken a hard fall to the bottom. If they are still alive, they will tell about the powerful destruction of alcohol.

Thanks again, kuya, and I hope life is lovely in your corner of the world. :byebye:
            Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
            pointed the way
            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great News!

:important:

OneRedShoe and her beloved dog, Maggie, were joyfully reunited after the long flight and are now getting settled in their new life in Swaziland :earth: !

She says 'hi' to all the Nesters but her Internet connection is too poor to handle MWO. That should be fixed in 2-4 weeks so hopefully she'll be able to join us again .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all. Just got back from a night with the boys playing music. I enjoyed playing and not even really tempted to have a scotch or beer and wasn't hassled about it either. This weekend's the real acid test... fiddle festival which usually involves late nights and for some, which WAS me, consumption.

I forward to no hangover and fun.

I'm enjoying reading the posts, Curious, Lav, you have chickens? I ask because of your avatar. We have some and getting more and we seem to have a new den of foxes nearby as well!

night all, pleasant dreams

4 days/no booze

SS
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All. I'm still here, just been crazy busy since my last work trip to Florida. I will try to catch up this weekend when I have more time.

Much love and strength to you all and a warm welcome to anyone new.

:h
                  Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hit the 6 months last night. Was hard to believe that 6 months previous I was lying in intensive care after a drink and drug overdose. I've come a long way.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone,Just checking in. Its 6.00pm in 0Z and freezing cold. Almost winter here. Thanks for all your posts and advice;I have made it to day 7. I no this weekend is going to be tough but whilst I am taking AB and can tune into my friends at MWO, I will make it!:l:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

moni;1505837 wrote: Hit the 6 months last night. Was hard to believe that 6 months previous I was lying in intensive care after a drink and drug overdose. I've come a long way.
                        Moni - Congratulations on 6 months - that is awesome and you certainly have come a long way.

No going back now - you only have one shot at life and it sounds like you are certainly on you way up and living it to the full. You are an inspiration to all of us Newbies here in the nest.

I thought some music and dancing might be in order to celebrate! :dancin:inkele::band2:
                        Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning,

Thanks to all for the insightful & inspirational posts.

Lav, I am also amazed at how much I can accomplish while sober.

Moni, 6 months is huge!!! Congratulations!

Have a great day!
                          Cocoflo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Moni, That is an amazing effort!! You deserve all the happiness life has to offer. You have taken on a huge battle and ONE!!! Good for you!:l:l You are a wonderful inspiration to those of us still learning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

moni;1505837 wrote: Hit the 6 months last night. Was hard to believe that 6 months previous I was lying in intensive care after a drink and drug overdose. I've come a long way.

You certainly have come a long way! Congratulations, Moni!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mein Sonnenschein;1505811 wrote: Hi All. I'm still here, just been crazy busy since my last work trip to Florida. I will try to catch up this weekend when I have more time.
                                Much love and strength to you all and a warm welcome to anyone new.
                                :h
                                Glad you're safely back, MS! Hope you're doing well and that good weather finally has arrived in your part of Germany.

- NS :h

Comment

Working...
                                X