X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Hope everyone had a good day, I did

littlebeagle - don't you feel a cough coming on? A snotty, sneeze-fest or something of that nature? Anything to ward off your in-laws :H:H
    I personally would not go to Bourbon St even now after 4+ yrs AF. I think the crowds of drinkers would just get on my nerves....why bother?
    Make up any excuse & remember - no one can force you to do anything, right? You are an adult, it's your choice.

Congrats to everyone for another AF day - they get better & better, I promise
    Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest.
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1506187 wrote: Hi Samstone - I know this scene all too well. I go to the RockyGrass Academy in Lyons, CO each year and it's mayhem. I'm finding it so much easier not to drink at these things, however. Mainly because I can play so much better. I mean good lord...some of those late night jams are so lousy but you'd never know it all tanked so on and on one goes into oblivion. Better to call it an early night and have one's wits intact the following day if you ask me.
      Hey Fin
      Yeah I know what you mean, the jams can be bad. Good advice

I see I need to proofread my posts... leaving out words.

What do you play?

best to all, hard work today, signing off early and to bed
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Soda, yeow, I had no idea my beloved Charms Blow Pops had become X-Rated! Boy, I guess I need to watch that! Oh well, they are still a treat (say what you will!!)

Thank you, Tess, for the kind words! That means so much to me!

Lav, I hope you have a wonderful spring day tomorrow! You and the girls get out and spread your wings!

The time zone thing is weird...some leaving to begin their days and others of us ending....whatever it is, it all seems to work!
        Nighty all, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters!!
          Just checking in to say hello.....I have been feeling disconnected these past few days....I don't know why.....but I need to be careful of that. Complacency is trying to sneak into my brain and that will not do!! Complacency will lead me down the wrong path........I am here and I am posting to keep complacency away.....
          Have a great night all!! And a great day to those on the other side of the world....
          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1506281 wrote: Hello nesters!!
            Just checking in to say hello.....I have been feeling disconnected these past few days....I don't know why.....but I need to be careful of that. Complacency is trying to sneak into my brain and that will not do!! Complacency will lead me down the wrong path........I am here and I am posting to keep complacency away.....
            Have a great night all!! And a great day to those on the other side of the world....
            Jenni ..... The mood swings can be disheartening at your stage. You WILL feel much better in a day or two. I also felt disconnected, alienated and a little paranoid TBH.....it is just brain chemicals readjusting back to normal. Hang tough......the magic is coming :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

i need help

My husband had back surgery about 5 years ago. Following this, he was involved in a car accident. As part of his pain management regiment, the doctor put him on a drug called Baclofen. He takes 20 mg 3 times per day. Because he hasn't been working, I couldn't afford to refill this prescription. He took the remaining few yesterday. Tonight, he began shaking uncontrollably and acting very confused all of a sudden. I wanted to take him to the hospital because I was worried and scared. He convinced me that it was due to withdrawals from the Baclofen. When I researched the drug online, I ran across this forum. I'm not new to the idea of withdrawals. My husband and I have been married for 8 years. He has struggled with addiction to opiates throughout the entirety of our relationship. This particular incident is just so different and seems more severe than I had expected. If anyone has any insight, please help me to help my husband.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chick84, I'm just new here and new to Baclofen too, but from my reading, abruptly stopping the medication is a BIG NO-NO, as the effects can be devastating.

You might want to repost your question over in the Medications Forum, where somebody with more knowledge and experience will pop in to answer your question.

Oh, welcome by the way. It's a good forum, and you will get lots of good advice.

kambob
                Remember: A craving will never last as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up wishing you'd drank the night before. (Thank you K9Lover)

Comment

Newbies Nest

chick84;1506316 wrote: My husband had back surgery about 5 years ago. Following this, he was involved in a car accident. As part of his pain management regiment, the doctor put him on a drug called Baclofen. He takes 20 mg 3 times per day. Because he hasn't been working, I couldn't afford to refill this prescription. He took the remaining few yesterday. Tonight, he began shaking uncontrollably and acting very confused all of a sudden. I wanted to take him to the hospital because I was worried and scared. He convinced me that it was due to withdrawals from the Baclofen. When I researched the drug online, I ran across this forum. I'm not new to the idea of withdrawals. My husband and I have been married for 8 years. He has struggled with addiction to opiates throughout the entirety of our relationship. This particular incident is just so different and seems more severe than I had expected. If anyone has any insight, please help me to help my husband.
                  If you post this in the meds section someone may be able to help......actually I will copy and paste it there for you

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello NESTERS, Just checking in from this part of the world.Its 5.00pm, cold and winter is just around the corner (Ugh). About to finish Day 8. For some reason today,escpecially right now,its been a tough one. I have even had thoughts of why bother with AB, life wasn't that bad with al. OH YES IT WAS!!! I need to dig deep as the w/e is coming up and I don't want to go backwards. Wishing you all well in the nest today/tonight.

Comment

Newbies Nest

chick84;1506316 wrote: My husband had back surgery about 5 years ago. Following this, he was involved in a car accident. As part of his pain management regiment, the doctor put him on a drug called Baclofen. He takes 20 mg 3 times per day. Because he hasn't been working, I couldn't afford to refill this prescription. He took the remaining few yesterday. Tonight, he began shaking uncontrollably and acting very confused all of a sudden. I wanted to take him to the hospital because I was worried and scared. He convinced me that it was due to withdrawals from the Baclofen. When I researched the drug online, I ran across this forum. I'm not new to the idea of withdrawals. My husband and I have been married for 8 years. He has struggled with addiction to opiates throughout the entirety of our relationship. This particular incident is just so different and seems more severe than I had expected. If anyone has any insight, please help me to help my husband.
                      Anyone who's taken baclofen long-term must not stop taking it suddenly, it must be tapered down. You need medical help now, or at least go and get the prescription.
                      I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

The ONLY thing that will fix baclofen withdrawal is more baclofen. You can't treat it with valium or other benzodiazepines.

Seriously--go to the ER and make it very clear that that's what he needs, or call his prescribing physician and get more pills right now.

I'm not sure how *dangerous* the withdrawal will be, but I would not want to be in his place for the next few days, if you don't get him back up to his regular dose. Once there, he should be fine. Best of luck.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hadit;1506381 wrote: . I have even had thoughts of why bother with AB, life wasn't that bad with al. OH YES IT WAS!!! I need to dig deep as the w/e is coming up and I don't want to go backwards. .
                          Hi, Hadit

The name you chose suggests life wasn't too good with AL so 'play it forward' when you have these thoughts. I had to do that just last evening when I was feeling kind of down --- old "friend" AL started trying to convince me he could perk me up... So I thought through the inevitable outcomes and didn't drink. Then I dreamed I drank and woke up this morning feeling bad all over again! But this is just mind-chatter - it isn't a physical craving, it doesn't hurt you, it passes, and it happens to just about everyone now and then (with decreasing frequency).

Keep your eye on the prize!

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks No Sugar, I had a lot of issues to deal with tonight. My son and his wife have separated and there daughter is not doing all that well! I didn't drink, although I felt like it!! Thanks for your support and words of wisdom. I am feeling on top of it again!!!:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Awaiting the appearance of some sunshine....nothing yet!

Hello chick84!
                              I truly hope you found some help for your husband, so sorry to hear of his troubles. These medications are powerful & withdrawal symptoms are bound to be a problem when the medication is stopped suddenly.

Wishing everyone strength to push thoughts drinking thoughts away
                              Have a great AF Thursday!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang in there Hadit! Well done.

Hiya Lav, NS and everyone.

It's a very goodnight from the G machine.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X