Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Lav - Oh yes, can you share your recipe??
    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, I just want you all to know that I am now TsHope and not T'sHope. Seems that apostrophe in there stopped me from being able to chat. Just look for me without the apostrophe.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, I am now TsHope and not T'sHope

Hi everyone,
        Just want to let you know that I had to change my user name to TsHope and it was T'sHope. Seems that the apostrophe in there caused some problems with chat and so it is gone now. Just look for me as TsHope now and you will find me.
        Thanks for all the kind word of inspiration and I love reading all the stories here. Inspiring is the word for sure. I am on into my 4 th week now. Yeehaaa. Doing well. This is my second time being at this point and now am much wiser to the game that alcohol likes to play with us. Got my shields up and ready to fight. Not really that bad now for me though. I have accepted no more drinking and that is that. Not feeling like I am being deprived anymore. Just don't want it. Much better. No more feeling sorry for myself now. Mood swings are almost gone as well. Thank goodness for that. Eating better and sleeping better too. It does get better once you just accept it and move forward. Try not to look back allot. Can't change the past but got the future ahead to do with whatever I want with. All up to me now.
        Feel a bit of a headache today and not 100%. I hope it isn't that stupid flu! EEEKS! I will rest today as I am lucky enough to be able to and drink allot of Pom juice and eat some blueberries. They will help me fight whatever it is? Maybe just the weather changing again. I live here in Cincinnati, they say if you don't like the weather just stick around a minute and it will change. So true. 68degrees yesterday and 40 today! Yuck. No wonder I feel yucky. Heeeheee! I am sure it is nothing but so many here now have a bug and I don't want it, that is for sure. Going to Florida for my birthday on the 9th and have allot to do. I will get most done tomorrow and the rest next week. Today I am gonna baby myself a bit. I had a toddler all weekend and most of yesterday. My little granddaughter. She is so sweet and wonderful but oh she is a bundle of energy! I need to recover a bit. I will have her again this weekend. I do every weekend. Just need a break today.

Hope you all have a great day/night and take care. See you next time as TsHope. Thanks for the support again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

It's only 7:30 pm but I'm ready to sit & vegetate a bit! Just wanted to check in, see how everyone survived Tuesday

Milly, good for you on your 3 days! Reward yourself with some delicious mushroom soup!
          Kennett Square Mushroom Soup - 140843 - Recipezaar

This is the recipe I use but I do decrease the fat content a bit (I'm not getting any skinnier these days)!
          I love being able to go directly to the mushroom growers & get them fresh (a 3 lb. box for $4) You can't beat that deal

T, I'll keep an eye out for you with your new name! Into your 4th week now - terrific! You have to be feeling so proud. Just keep that attitude up & you'll be just fine
          I watch my grandson 2 days/week - he turns 11 months tomorrow. I cannot believe how incredibly tired I am when he leaves.......he too is a ball of energy! I am so grateful though to have this time with him. If I hadn't quit drinking I probably wouldn't see much of him. I hope your 'bug' doesn't get you........ I'm doing my best to stay healthy too! Get some rest!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest..........the night light will be on Tranq!!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK Nesters - it's Wednesday morning, where the heck is everyone?????????
            You know I hate being alone in this big, comfy nest!!

Check in soon!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chook's wee check in! *grin*

Evening All Nesters!

Well, hmmm.. what to chat about????????

This lil chook has not been a 'good' girl, but not so bad either! Not completely AF yet, was going to be, but things have.......eventuated...as they do!

So an update into Chook's adventures:

1. Work is good and enjoyable. New boss is great and we really 'click' so all good there.
              2. As of next week (Nov) will start 'working for self' of a Friday, so no more Friday arvo's off to just chill...urgh! but still..some autonomy is always a good thing...yes?!?!!!!!
              3. am trying to get back to 'basics' as a person and a parent! "Little things become big things..."
              4. my children love me..ain't life grand!
              5. Danika is sleeping better just lately..oh yeah! *chook dances a jig*
              6. Loren is having nightmares..not so good!* sigh*
              7. hubby still working too hard and no family time *groan*
              8.me...feeling better now *smile*

To all the folks here in the Nest... no one ever said that life is meant to be easy,
              so let's be brave together people!
              Chook *clucking like mad*:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning friends. Not such a great one for me though. Thoughts of buying a lil somethin' keep creeping into my head. Well, jumping. The terrible thing is, my neighborhood store is closed, so the nearest place to go sells alcohol. I think I may have to go get some smokes 'cause thinking like this stresses me out, and I smoke more. I know I don't want to. I hate who I become when I start drinking, even one drink. That's why it's been such a big deal for me to go this long. I didn't have to try going AF for 30 days to find out if I was an alcoholic, I already knew the answer to that question in all of its glaring ugliness. I don't want to drink anymore. I am frightfully aware of what it does to me.

Other than that though, things are going great. I love my life beyond all that. Somebody else has got to give me something else to toy around with. I can't sit here in my head all day. It can be a very dangerous place for me to visit.
                I am not a cucumber!

Comment

Newbies Nest

ChickenNumber3;746271 wrote: Evening All Nesters!
                  3. am trying to get back to 'basics' as a person and a parent! "Little things become big things..."
                  To go along with it, from my favorite movie.. "Nothing is trivial."
                  I am not a cucumber!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prpl...we are travelling the same path it would seem!

hope yours is smoother than mine right now?
                    Chookers

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,

Just a quick check in to say hi.

Lav, we wouldn't leave you in the nest all alone. I fell asleep on the couch last night, but was dreaming of twigs and worms - just so ya know I was there in spirit!

Chicken, I just noticed you "Mood" :H I agree with you that the small everyday things can be some of the best things in our lives. (The AL tends to blow other things - that aren't so important to begin with - way out of proportion.)

TsHope - Yeah - week 4! Excellent work and you sound so very positive. I'm definitely eating and sleeping better too - feels good doesn't it.

Prpl, sounds like you know what you need to do! Awareness is a great first step. Keep up the good work in the positive thinking department.

Hope everyone has a good day. It's off to work for me! See you later.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning - Major stressful day for me under way. Just feel like crawling back into bed and pulling the covers over my head. Really hope book and sups come today!!! It is so good to read what everyone else is going through. Don't fell so alone or like a freak. Thanks for sharing the soup recipe. I can almost smell it!! Back to it...

Comment

Newbies Nest

8 pm check in for me - Lav is tired - spent 5 hrs trying to keep up with an 11 month old this afternoon.
                          Does that count as exercise??? I sure hope so

Chook, you're clucking, that's a good sign!
                          Here's a secret for you - life is never, ever going to be perfect I think we need to learn that & just to be grateful anyway.......'it is what it is'! I don't mean to sound sarcastic, I think I've finally learned to stop fighting everything & just go with the flow......

Prpl, staying positive is the only way to win this battle! Believe in yoursef & your goals, don't let anyone or anything interfere!

Finding, wishing you better dreams tonight (no more twigs & worms)

my song, I'm sending you strength tonight to help you handle your stressors! You are definitely not a freak & not alone on this journey! Keep reading thru the threads, you will see there are people winning this battle while handling all sorts of difficulties! Keep your head up & shout out to us if we can help

Well, I'm lowing the lights in my end of the nest but I'll leave a night light on as usual.
                          Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone.

Just swooped in for a quick visit. I got tied with a work 'emergency' last night - computer crashes shouldn't count as emergencies - seems like they're pretty regular events to me. Oh well - everybody's system has to up in the morning. I can remember when 'all the stress' of a night like that would be a good excuse to tip a few.

Lav, I agree with you as life can't be perfect. At least now that's something I understand better than before. Seems like al was the way I'd try to smooth out the bad and try to make it perfect - like I shouldn't have to deal with problems, and like I was in control of the bad stuff. Now I know that al makes nothing better, and really, really makes things worse. I also think that most things I thought of as bad really aren't that bad at all - life happens. Like Find said, al tends to blow things out of proportion. Yep, it gets tough sometimes, but I'm finally learning to tell myself there's no such thing as perfect, and accepting the challenges that life throws around is the biggest part of overcoming.

Ah, maybe I talk too much -- sorry if I belabored the point. Anyway Hi to everyone! Keep on Keepin'.

G'nite from here!
                            tw
                            Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, the Nest is open for business!

Glad you swooped in last night Tranq! Computer crashes are everyday events as well as printer/scanner problems, etc. but annoying!! When there's a problem with the computer that runs my embroidery machines - I'm in serious do do - can't get any work done!! I am handling all of these problems in a much calmer mode these days, thank God

Speaking of work........better get to it!
                              Wishing everyone a terrific Thursday!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,

Quick fly by before getting into the work day.

My song, I know I was impatient waiting for the book and supps to arrive, too! They did eventually get here and it was nice to have the extra tools to work with. I did a ton of reading here - still do - it really does help to see that so many people understand so precisely what we are feeling, especially in getting through the first few days. Hang in there and keep posting and letting us know how you are doing.

TW - The scope of that topic - life not being perfect - is so broad, it is necessary for me to keep reminding myself of that, and to hear other perspectives, too. This isn't making too much sense, but trying to say that it's always good to revisit these ideas.

Lav, it sounds like quite a piece of equipment you have! I wish I could sew. My mom was a pretty creative seamstress in her day, but I didn't stick around the house and learn the craft. Wish I had. I guess it's never to late?

Hope everyone has a nice Thursday!

Comment

Working...
                                X