Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

EAT with cravings.. great advice

:thanks: The advice to eat with cravings... really works. I did that last night. Had some chamomile tea with it and the cravings subsided. Whew! Thanks again Nesters I really appreciate the advice. Your help is priceless!
    :ranger

Comment

Newbies Nest

Justyo, I'm very proud of your 5 days! If you ask me, you've conquered the hardest part. I had what I thought were cravings until I hit Day 13...after I got there, I was good to go. You have proven that you can do this! Keep yourself busy, keep eating, and checking in! You are doing everything right!! Great job!! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
        Got dad moved to the new place..went rather smoothly...very scary...hope he likes it..will visit early next week to check on him.
        I can exhale now.....just need to pace myself on the house work so we can rent his house...type A folks need patience and more patience...
        dottie
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Donehere;1507335 wrote: Thanks for the wecome back Today is the beginning of day two. The first thing that came to my mind about slavery to alcohol was "Is the nest kind of like Uncle Tom's Cabin" A place to escape and find the right road to take us to freedom.
          I remember when I was here before, I took great relief to know there were friends just an arm reach away at my keyboard.
          As I said before, quitting is not a problem, I cannot stop starting!!!
          I thought of maybe havin a beer instead of wine, but I know.
          I have no alcohol in my place, my ulter-ego takes care of that, I do have many reminders (dead solders) hate that phrase, I guess I could just say empties.

You see there are issues I am dealing with, trying to find work, I wish I had never taken time for myself last year, for it has out run its affordability.
          Also, my brother has an inoperable tumor on his brain that is causing him to go blind and more are cropping up. We are 11 months apart, he used to say I was older, he did it so much he began to believe it. He is the middle child, who fought hard to live as a siliac baby. Actually he was one of the first to ever be put on soy and it saved his life. So he should not be fighting this now, truth be known he is not fighting. He was only given 2-3 months back in March, he is not ready, I can tell when I speak with him, but I also know unless there is a miracle, he will not see his 59th birthday in Oct.
          So when I think of him, naturally I want a glass of wine, BAD!!!!! I think of him alot, it actually puts finding work in the back corner.
          So thankyou again, I know I said my life is moving in a positive direction, and it is. I have met a wonderful man and he is supportive of everything in my life, but I have never told him about my AL dependency, there I said it.
          I have managed to keep it from him for over 6 months, I do not miss it when I am with him, but when he goes away like now, he is gone to Germany till 5th of June, and I do not want this deamon coming between us.
          Greetings Nester's near and not so far!

I'm sorry to hear of your brother, Done here. You are doing an amazing job getting to day 2. Being present and sober with our loved ones if they are dying or have a terminal illness, is something i'm sure you won't regret. Wishing you both strength and peace on your journey's. Take care and stay in touch with us here.

Hi Dottie,

Hope your dad is comfortable.

Day 7. Bring it on. Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening, Nesters!
            Guitar, congrats on your 7 days! Jenni will be along with your full moon! GREAT job on getting here...I'm so happy for you!

DotBelle, glad you got your dad settled into the new place. This is his third home, is that right? Is the care not as good as you expected or does he not like the places, I may have missed that. I hope that this time will be the charm. How are you doing? Are you getting there since retirement? I hope so, you sound better!

I have my lottery tickets! I have a whole new approach this time.....I hope I don't win, the burden of all that 60 million would be just too much. How's that for STRATEGY? Bwahahaha~

Have a cozy, safe night in the nest! Strap yourselves in good now....you won't regret it! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Byrdie, now yuo know we ALL have lottery tickets for tonight's drawing
              I could do a whole lot with 60 million :H

G, congrats to you on 7 AF days :yay:
              Living without the albatross AL is wonderful!!!

Dottie, sure hope your Dad is settling in - I know how hard all that is for him & for you as well.

Congrats to everyone making progress & improving their lives!
              Wishing a safe & cozy night in the nest.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters. Byrdie and Lav you guys are sensational. Your posts of support have helped me so much! I have hit day 11 af today. Went out last night to a dinner and new it would be tough. But to my amazement it wasn't! I took some af beer which some say is a bit dangerous but for me it worked! I really didn't have any cravings and had a fun night. I woke with no hangover and can remember everything. Just so good! Thanks again for your help. You both are never far away from us who have just started out again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady,
                  Yes this is dads 3rd place..first one was rehab where they drugged him like a zombie...moved him to a nice place but farther from home and expensive...third place is closer to home, new and cheaper..so I really hope this is the last place untie he needs skilled nursing care or hospice....the new place has a much better approach to the care for Alzheimer's residents and i like them already....we shall see..
                  I am OK and feel so much better now that he is there and we can now work on his house to rent.
                  HEAVY SIGH......
                  Dottie
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

ATTENTION
                    Guitarista has 7 days!!!!! Now THAT is something to jam about!!
                    I hereby bestow upon you the 7 day prize:

:moon:

Fantastic job!!!
                    I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Donehere, you are doing great. You have a tremendous amount of weight on your heart and your shoulders, and you clearly see the value in remaining sober. Kudos to you, and I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. Spend quality sober time with him is the best advice I can give.

For me, the bad news is I forgot to buy lottery tickets.
                      The good news is I have 90 days today and I feel great!

Sprinkling sober dust over the nest tonight. Sweet dreams my friends.
                      Day 1 again 11/5/19
                      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go nursie. I am looking forward to 90 days.
                        Thanks everyone for being here. So much encouragement helps the days fly by.
                        20 days here.
                        Nite all.
                        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie, Well Done on 90 days! That is a fantastic effort!!!! Its amazing how the days soon add up.:goodjob::goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,well looks like your all doing okay,sorry for your problems,anyway today is day 49 for me,l am doing good,but l felt it today because the long weekend,my first one since no wine,maybe l am just over thinking about it,l did drink for a lot of years,lately was way to many days in a row,not where l want to be,so l quit just like that,l am happy to of quit,just the devil coming around trying to trick me into thinking it was my friend,l was grumpy as well,any suggestions on getting rid of the grumpy ness or do l just ride it out,how long does it last,l get grumpy mostly when l can't have a drink,meaning my usual start time of my glass of wine,anyway any suggestions would be muchly appreciated,happy weekend,their still hard for me!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

BCP Thanks for your post. I have been thinking a lot about being a bit grumpy as well. I stopped drinking 11 days ago and apart from 3 or 4 bad cravings,I am doing ok and feel very confident this time that I am going to beat the beast!!! Just wish I could feel a bit happier about the whole thing. I guess al was our best friend for a long time,and now we have put him out of our lives there is a certain sadness around. BUT why would I feel a bit sad about al...................he has taken so much from me and leaves me with very few happy memories.? Just destruction and heartache!!! Wierd!!! Anyone that can help with answers would be so much appreciated.

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1507550 wrote: ATTENTION
                                Guitarista has 7 days!!!!! Now THAT is something to jam about!!
                                I hereby bestow upon you the 7 day prize:

:moon:

Fantastic job!!!
                                Thanks Jennie! Your arse would definitely NOT look too big in silver spandex.

Basking in Nursie's sober dust.......:h

Congratulations on 90 days Nursie!

Strap in y'all. Passing the butt Velcro to the right.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X