• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters

Dark & damp here today - oh well!
    Good excuse to just hang around, take the day off

CONGRATS on 90 AF days nursie!!!!!
    Feels pretty darn good, don't you think?

bcp, the best thing to do to chase away the grumpy feelings is make a gratitude list!!!!!
    Sit down & write out exactly how your life has improved over these past 50 days. Think about your goals & how much better your life will be without the monkey on your back. Bask in the ultimate freedom of an AF life

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a wonderful AF day!

Lav (celebrating 4 years smoke free today) :yay:
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1507656 wrote:

Lav (celebrating 4 years smoke free today) :yay:
      Congratulations Lavster!

You. are. a. superstar!

Have a great day my friend. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nest,

Byrdie, thank you so much!!! You're posts are great & have really helped me! Kuya, Jennie, Lav & others, your perspective is invaluable. Coming to MWO, has been a huge support for me. Other's achievements have been very inspirational.

I'm not sure what is different this time around. For many years I have quit for a few days, only to start drinking again. I guess I am truly sick of the physical, mental, and financial toll that alcohol has taken on me. The stress of everyday life, ups and downs, challenges happen to everybody. Drinking is simply not a coping mechanism. Not drinking, I have more clarity, focus and self-control so I can handle things better.

The first week was tough, but then the days start to add up and it does get easier. To those newer in the process, posting on roll call has helped. This is silly, but when thoughts of drinking creep up, I don't want to have to publicly post on roll call that I am back on day 1.

Most importantly, "rinse & repeat!"

Wishing everyone a relaxing, sober Sunday!
        Cocoflo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Mr G!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well Done Lav, It took me many attempts to kick the fags. Best thing I have ever done. That was 30 years ago! :goodjob::goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

May 1, 1931 - May 18, 2014

My Dad passed last night...a good night to be AF. A mighty icon has fallen. R.I.P. Dad. You will always be my absolute hero.
              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

May 1, 1931 - May 18, 2013

My Dad passed last night...a good night to be AF. A mighty icon has fallen. R.I.P. Dad. You will always be my absolute hero.
                Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin,

So sorry to hear about your father. Thoughts & prayers are with you.

Best,
                  cocoflo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Fin, my heart goes out to you and your family. I'm so sad for your loss. And yes, a very good time to be sober. I drank myself into a coma for 6 months after my brother died and it made everything so much worse.
                    G-bloke! I missed your 7 day gig. Congratulations buddy! You are a rock star, but you already knew that.

Ummm, I was kinda hoping for some flying underwear, a bra, or something? You know, I've lost that and more during my drinking days, sigh.
                    Day 1 again 11/5/19
                    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1507680 wrote: My Dad passed last night...a good night to be AF. A mighty icon has fallen. R.I.P. Dad. You will always be my absolute hero.
                      So sorry to hear about your Dad Fin.
                      :l
                      Xx
                      AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All - day 19

I have done so much today :-)

Time with the kids, tidying, ironing, washing.... In the old days, a Sunday would consist of:

Wake up groggy....
                        Lunch with a few drinks
                        Booze snooze
                        Groggy
                        Dinner with more drinks
                        Drowsy
                        Bed

OK, not quite as bleak as that but not far off!
                        AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks all who responded to my post,so sorry fin about your dad,l know that feeling ,hurts a lot,keep up the good work of non drinking through this rough time,the post who quit smoking congrats,l quit 25 yrs ago,sooo glad l quit than,everyone keep up your great work of beating this beast alcohol and tobacco,have a good weekend,thanks again for your responses,day 50 for me and on forever,do not want this monkey on my back again.I am thankful for all of you here and really like coming to this site,put the non drinking in perspective.

Comment

Newbies Nest

This morning I wish to start out with giving "Fin" my deepest sympthathies, losing family is difficult. So at this time of sadness and darkness I bow my head and think of you.

To all other nesters I hope this Sunday is a sunny one for you as it is here in Ontario Canada.
                            Today is Day 3, and although things seem easy or tolerable, that devil is there telling me you have done this before and lets see before that and what about before that. Seems we have lost count. Guess I have to train my mind into knowing the truth NO MORE AL.
                            Today seems now I have had my coffee and breakfast the cravings are getting stronger. I am sure as the days grow the red guy will fade like all reds when they are shined upon.
                            Guitarista: Day 7 how wonderful for you, how I remember those days, but cannot go back.
                            Thankyou for your kind words about my brother, my sister and I do not use the "D" word, we do not even use it for Mom who passed 6 years ago July. I guess when we use it things are so final, I guess we are osteriches or were in our past lives.lol.
                            Dottie: Hope your Dad settles in well, that is a difficult time for all concerned. Our Mom never made it, she had a massive stroke on a friday and we were to move her that weekend. My thoughts are with you.

Hadit: Day 11 is a wonderful accomplishment, if AF beer works for you good.
                            Hey (are we related?) Hadit---Donehere just teasing

Stay AF Nesters and enjoy your day, and thankyou all for your support. I tell you this computer would make anyone drink, there is a bug in there creating all kinds of crap, and slowig my typing down, it is even creating a new language, so I must proof read as I type, so if there are any spelling errors, it is now me, HEY maybe it is that little red devil.
                            Have a wonderful Sunday

Comment

Newbies Nest

This morning I wish to start out with giving "Fin" my deepest sympthathies, losing family is difficult. So at this time of sadness and darkness I bow my head and think of you.

To all other nesters I hope this Sunday is a sunny one for you as it is here in Ontario Canada.
                              Today is Day 3, and although things seem easy or tolerable, that devil is there telling me you have done this before and lets see before that and what about before that. Seems we have lost count. Guess I have to train my mind into knowing the truth NO MORE AL.
                              Today seems now I have had my coffee and breakfast the cravings are getting stronger. I am sure as the days grow the red guy will fade like all reds when they are shined upon.
                              Guitarista: Day 7 how wonderful for you, how I remember those days, but cannot go back.
                              Thankyou for your kind words about my brother, my sister and I do not use the "D" word, we do not even use it for Mom who passed 6 years ago July. I guess when we use it things are so final, I guess we are osteriches or were in our past lives.lol.
                              Dottie: Hope your Dad settles in well, that is a difficult time for all concerned. Our Mom never made it, she had a massive stroke on a friday and we were to move her that weekend. My thoughts are with you.

Hadit: Day 11 is a wonderful accomplishment, if AF beer works for you good.
                              Hey (are we related?) Hadit---Donehere just teasing

Stay AF Nesters and enjoy your day, and thankyou all for your support. I tell you this computer would make anyone drink, there is a bug in there creating all kinds of crap, and slowig my typing down, it is even creating a new language, so I must proof read as I type, so if there are any spelling errors, it is now me, HEY maybe it is that little red devil.
                              Have a wonderful Sunday

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, All!
                                Fin, I am so sorry to hear that you lost your dad. If it would help to talk about it, we are right here. I hadn't heard you mention an illness...was it sudden? I lost my dad in January, and I must say, even tho he was 89 years old and had lived a long, good life, it shook me to the core. I still can't talk about it out loud. I will keep you close in my thoughts, that is a tremendous loss. I'm so sorry and I wish you strength for the coming days. I am so thankful that I was sober for it all. My Dad would have been proud of my achievement on that front (tho he never even knew I drank!). I was thankful that I was sober for the decisions that had to be made and getting people into place and 1000 loose ends to tie up. I was so grateful and proud to be sober at a time when it REALLY mattered. I will be thinking of you, dear Fin. Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X