Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters, Welcome Meg and MR G you are doing well. Sorry Pearl you have had a struggle day;it will pass! I am on day 12 and have to say a few days were tough,but I am still here and looking fwd to notching up 2 weeks af, first time for me ever! Byrdie thanks for you post on the various stages of grief when we give up the al. It made soooo much sense; I need to read it again and again. It is a relationship albeit a very bad and abusive one, but never the less a relationship.ITS a very odd feeling when one finishes that relationship with al. I am at that point now, feeling a bit strange without the crutch to prop me up;but I will get there! Thanks

Day 13 tomorrow.

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1507906 wrote: Imagine some stranger came up to you and said "Wow!!! You got the flying underpants....good job!" They wouldn't really be a total stranger if they knew what the flying underpants stood for.....Now wouldn't that be a mind blower? :H
      Stranger things have happened Jenny!

Thanks Kuya, Hadit and y'all for your encouragement. The support around here is super.

Great going yourself there Hadit. Almost 2 weeks mate. What you are doing and have done is huge!

Well, nearing the end of day 8 and feeling real good. Tomorrow (Tuesday) I have a disciplinary meeting with management at work, over a trivial issue that I think hasn't been handled well by them at all. They're using a sledgehammer to crack open a nut approach. Anyway, I won't be losing my job or anything, but I've been there for 4 years and i'm a great worker, so trivial nit picking by bean counter managers really gets me wild, hence my little 'derailment' after 17 days recently. But this time, i'm relaxed about it. Still fuming, but cool. I'll state my case which is sound and should blow theirs out of the water, but it's just the unnecessary fanfare and chestbeating approach they are taking to a small issue that could've been resolved with a 5/10 minute chat weeks ago. I know i'll be okay though, no matter the outcome, as I was so pissed off breaking my recent AF time.

This time, no-one, and no-thing will get in the way of my sobriety.

Sorry for the waffle. Hope you're doing ok Fin.

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mr G, These things really do test us! Have seen it many times. But no more will I allow it to get to me to the point of leaning on the booze. WHO really gets hurt in the end? WE do. Besides, there is allways 2 ways to skin a rabbit! or something like that! Stay strong mate.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hadit;1508009 wrote: WHO really gets hurt in the end? WE do. Besides, there is allways 2 ways to skin a rabbit! or something like that! Stay strong mate.
          Thanks Hadit. This is true. We only hurt ourselves when we get upset and say F you etc and drink out of anger and frustration. There are plenty of other ways to relax and unwind. I'm thinking i'll be okay. In fact, i'm looking forward to sticking it to 'em, in a respectful way of course. Anyway, the facts will speak for themselves in this case.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guitarista;1508005 wrote: Sorry for the waffle.
            Waffles sound great this morning - I'll have 2 please. With a little peanut butter on them as I need to go for a swim and could use the energy.

I hope everyone is rising and shining, ready for a good day and week? Fin, I'm sorry for your loss, but glad you are able to be strong and stay AF.

G-man, you sound good and I'm sure you'll nail it at work. Something I don't miss about drinking is hiding any mistakes I made at work or entire conversations I've forgotten about. It's good to know you are re-committing to your quit with every fiber of your being. We need you around here.

Jennie - I'm glad you made it through a stressful weekend with flying colors. I understand you are happy that is behind you and that you're ready to leave it there, but I don't think I will ever be happy a weekend is over. I actually thought today was Memorial Day so I'm now super bummed I have to actually work today :upset:

Everyone else - take care and have a good week!
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Waiting for the sun to make an appearance, looks like it's going to be a long wait.
              My thoughts are with all those in the midwest affected by tornadoes this weekend, terrible.

Good for you hanging out in the nest Pearl
              Those cravings become mere thoughts after some AF time. Getting into the habit of dismissing them as soon as they make an appearance is the best way to go

G, thinking about you & hope that your meeting goes better than expected!
              We'll be here waiting to hear how it went!

Greetings hadit, Siren & everyone!
              Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Steady State

Hi Nesters,

It's the Newbie formally known as 'Brandivino' here (i though about the acronym - NFKAB - doesn't really work!)

Sorry to hear of people's struggles. I send out good vibes to all of you.

Day 22 for me. Quite a lot going on; good, bad, indifferent. Main thing is to remain AF despite anything & everything!

Just checking in quickly as have had a long day and quite tired. Love the fact that i wont be hung-over when i wake up.

Good night to all; i look forward to nestling in again soon....

Minnie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin, I'm so sorry for your loss.
                  "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                  AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Everyone
                    I wish Mondays were still part of the week end! Ugh
                    Thanks Byrdie, I love my 3 hats!!!!
                    I will definitely love the bird lol and I WILL get my hands on those flying underwear!
                    I spent the day yesterday food shopping and cooking for the week. All prep and freezing, washing, cutting done. Made meatballs, pork roast, marinating ribs, burritos and boiled eggs for the week too. Fruits and veggies cut up for the week to grab and go.
                    Trouble with my stepdaughter. She's 14 and really talking to way too many boys. Talking about sex and love and I really have my hands full. I have never on my drunkest day juggled 5 guys so i need to do an intervention with her before I strangle her.
                    Ok, I'm off to work!
                    Parenting advice welcome!!!!
                    Day 1 again 11/5/19
                    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Night Nesters, hope everyone achieves their goals today. Catch you all tomorrow.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1507364 wrote: Morning, Nesters! It's a beautiful day to be sober and alive!

It is an amazing thing when the AL fog finally lifts and we can see that this really IS the right path for us. Getting your mind right is 90% of half the problem (thanks, Mom, for that crazy phrase). I quit a 100 times....but it never stuck until I got that last HOPE out of the back of my head that I could drink again. Once I LET THAT GO for good I found success. After all, how many Day 1's did I need to show me that me and AL are NOT the match made in Heaven that I thought we were? If drinking AT situations and people could change them, I'd be rich, thin and married to someone else!!! :H:H:H Drinking to change a situation only changes one situation...and it makes that one worse! Every time! There is not ONE EXCEPTION to that rule either. Drinking NEVER helps. Life hands us some sorry cards at certain times in life, but it also deals us some good ones, too. Like finding MWO, that was a really good day! Drinking at things we cannot change is fruitless....This whole sober thing is a learning curve...but there's one thing that doesn't change....the longer you go without AL the more clearly you can cope! AL IS THE PROBLEM as it turns out. Don't ask me how I got off on this tangent, but I see folks come to this site in the pits of despair...they come here initially because they thingk they have an AL problem, right? But once they get some AF time in and start thinking about it, they blame everything else in the book except AL! They blame their wives for nagging or their idiot cuzins, or the guy who puts cheese on the nachos at ball games, we blame everything else for our problems except AL! THAT is the power of addiction!! I wish I could just take folks a month down the road AF and let them see what their lives will look like....it's just amazing the difference just 30 days make. It is ALWAYS a difference for the better. Whatever it takes, get thru this day AF....you will never regret it! Dig your heels in and DO NOT GIVE IN no matter what and no matter who! Have a wonderful, sober Sattidy! Byrdie

Good Morning North Carolina from Sleepless in Seattle

And Greetings to All,

I had my six-year-old niece over for the weekend. She's a doll. We went to a play at the Childrens Theater on Saturday afternoon. Yesterday morning we walked the dogs, cooked a yummy breakfast and just "hung out" together. While I was stuck in the misery of alcoholism I was not able to do things like this.

I'm up early this morning for no reason other than the birds are singing.

I started to read through the weekend posts to Newbies Nest, but I didn't make it very far. As soon as I read your post, Byrdie, I decided to spend a little time with it. You are so tuned-in and you speak with a voice that is easy to listen to. Your humor is that "spoon full of sugar that makes the medicine go down."

What you say is very true -- alcohol comes along and ruins everything. But we typically stand looking at the disaster that our life has become rather than seeing the source of the problem: alcohol.

Anyway, as I say, I'm going to dwell with this post for a bit. It is packed full of wisdom. Thank you!!
                        Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                        pointed the way
                        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all
                          a quick hello before work. Made it through the weekend.

10 days and looking forward to more!
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Nesters!!

Just wanted to shout hello to SS and say congrats on 10 days done. We met in Subs.

After 10 days, SS, you should be feeling physically much better than in a long time.

Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Newbies Nest

hadit;1508009 wrote: Mr G, These things really do test us! Have seen it many times. But no more will I allow it to get to me to the point of leaning on the booze. WHO really gets hurt in the end? WE do. Besides, there is allways 2 ways to skin a rabbit! or something like that! Stay strong mate.
                              Hadit, I ate 'at' people and drank 'at' people for years and all I became was a fat drunk. :H:H
                              (the joke was on ME!) Oy.

Get yourselves to Day 13, Nesters, and you'll be so glad you did. Once I got to that day, I could tell something changed...this was something I really COULD do! I fell on D12 TWICE before, if only I'd known that I was so close to having the magic happen. Hang in there! You will never regret being sober! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Byrdie that was an inspirational post to start the day with. I am struggling with some of my problems caused by al right now. You are right. Accepting that I caused them myself by drinking and not drinking Ever again is the solution.
                                Have a great Monday everyone.
                                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X