Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Have been reading non stop, but not posting because I feel that you don't want to be bored with my mundane life. BUT...I failed, and not miserably, but did...today would have been my day eight. On Saturday, i went to a party to watch the horse race...it's called the Preakness here, and I only bet on the top three races, Kentucky Derby, Preakness and nest is the Belmont...anyway...I WON! I only bet at $2 bet, but still I won. However, when I asked what I could bring to the party, they said just a case of beer...uuuuuummm, I said I'll make a dip and that was okay. There are dips and food everywhere and I love cheese and broccoli and carrots and etc. It was amazing what my friend and her friend did for the food. So I grabbed a diet coke and ate and ate and ate and ...OMG...I feeling drunk. EVERYTHING HAD BEEN MARINATED IN THIS WINE AND VODKA RECIPE THEY FOUND......no warning and nothing tasted like AL at all....so I spent Sunday trying to undo the damage with moderating with the light beer I usually drink. I called her to say, what if a child had eaten that...the response...didn't you see it's for adults only....REALLY...didn't you see you had two and three and four year olds who like cheese? I was PISSED to say the least. I did not tell them about my not drinking because that's going to be the talk of the table, but I tried sooooo hard and was so strong and ate like a gorilla, only to get freaking trashed. You know how kids are not allowed to bring peanuts to school anymore or if they bring peanut butter and jelly they have to sit at a different table because kids are allergic????WELL THIS WAS THE SAME FUCKING THING.... I am now having the sweats off and on and a little anxiety,..but that may be because I'm so MAD. So....back to day one for me...thank you for my hostesses.....It really is true, you need to pay attention to everything. I was so mad, I mowed my lawn at 7:30am this morning...GOOD MORNING AMERICA! Thanks for letting me vent. I'm back on frickin day one.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Sodagirl,

What happened is really a shame but you did not choose to drink at the party and that is a huge accomplishment. You did not fail!

You've learned (and taught or reminded us) how vigilant we need to be whenever we do not prepare our own food or beverage.

In the long run, whether tomorrow is day 2 or day 9 won't matter and you have shown yourself that you can do it!!!

:h NS

PS congrats on the winning bet !

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank God you aren't on Antabuse!! You really would have been the talk of the table!
        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

sodagirl: are you SURE you got drunk? I only say that because when booze is cooked, the alcohol burns off.....or at least that is what i thought?
          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

To Jenni...it wasn't cooked, it was fresh veggies marinated and cheese and olive, both black and green, and that's what I'm talking about....with a little feta....but I had no idea it was all wine. I ate the crap out of that. Salsa made with vodka, but all fresh tomatoes and onions and garlic and I scooped that up like I was on crack. It was delicious. Never a hint of alcohol on any of it, and none was cooked. Yea, I'm pretty sure I may have been loopy and felt horrible the next day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

It has been a great day. Finally got my pool cleaned out.

Did errands by myself and not once considered stopping for a drink. Yay!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest.

JDG
              Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

NS and Siren. I am putting myself back on day one because I CHOSE to use the few beers to help me feel better and avoid any withdrawal....weak, I know, but I am back on track. Now, the antabuse thought....how fricking funny would that have been...LOL. No one needs to know and all of a sudden I start puking their food....in my mind, I'm cracking up on that one,,,,somehow that just give me the giggles. But, on a more serious note...I will bring my own snacks and make sure I know what the heck I am eating.....but it was AMAZING and like I said...not a taste of alcohol. I may just have to come clean with friends who do these things. I feel like crap and never want to go back again. I found I do love lemon tea and may just carry it with me EVERYWHERE..that and pork rinds.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dam, Sodagirl......just when I have started to NOT be paranoid about someone fooling me with AL! Well, thank you for this bitter tale. We must be vigilant at all times....I always get my own drinks, but now need to be mindful of the food, too. Like Siren said, what if you'd been an AB!!! A cautionary tale indeed! I'm so sorry that happened to you...I hope you will pick up the pieces and keep on your AF way! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sounds like the pot brownies I remember From my college days...as I am not a pot smoker, I always felt duped when someone cooked that stuff in there. But everyone's right: you didnt fail. Just an honest mistake and I think your friends we're probably just not thinking about it....
                    :l
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie~ My peices are picked up...and f'd up, but I will do this. I never realized that you could marinate in alcohol that way, but, I must say...it was delicious and i ate ALOT. I wasn't until I got home and started feeling drunk then I called and they gave me the recipe...there is no cooking on any of it, it's just marinated in the alcohol....I guess sort of how young kids do jello shots. And here I thought I was doing well with the diet coke...watch out for the food..LOL. I feel like ass and am not looking forward to the next three days...although, maybe it will be milder because I didn't "inhale"....said Bill Clinton...LOL I'm sucking it up and sticking to just plain chips or bring my own stuff. I feel I've let everyone down and just feel sad...I did so well...I sucked up those cravings, I at the L glut like it was candy and even prayed..this time it got me....it won't again. Good night, sleep well everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good day today..shopped for some remodeling stuff for dads house...looks like it will be cheaper in the long run to refurbish the hardwood floors than to carpet and get renters and re-carpet again..so when we pull up the carpet we will have the folks come look at the floors to see if they can be sanded and used...hope so.
                        Also got new puppy a collar and name tag and signed us up for puppy classes...some girl bonding...LOL
                        Dottie
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Feeling terrible watching the news tonight about the tornado that devastated Oklahoma. My heart goes out to all those affected by that monster storm.

Sodagirl, I'm sorry to hear what happened to you - I would be seriously pissed too
                          You host/hostess was pretty careless IMHO. Lots of people cannot consume AL for lots of reasons.
                          Hope you are feeling better very soon!

Dottie, that sounds like a good idea for the floors - hope it works out for you. Puppy class sounds like fun

Hello & welcome to Live_Love_Learn (LLL)!
                          Glad you are with us, please make yourself comfy & fasten your nest belt - sometimes the road gets bumpy

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the Nest!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all

I just heard about the tornadoes, very tragic. Makes me aware of the fine line that exists of here and not here. Something I've been thinking about and so try to see what I have, however mundane.
                            Being sober gives me the opportunity of at least thinking!

good night all, pleasant dreams
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sodagirl:
                              Sorry for the sucker punch you took. That's what I would call it. At least you will know that we will all benefit from your lesson.
                              I have family in Oklahoma close to the tornado. Terrible thing. My heart goes out to those families.
                              Day 22. Nite all.
                              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya, thank you so much for that!
                                We have been having some amazing talks and much more about boys, friends, feelings than homework. She has made some poor decisions and has dealt with the natural consequences. I did take her phone for lying and sneaking but mostly because she is so distracted by the texts and drama from all these boys that are crazy about her. Her grades are poor for the first time in her life.
                                But the more we talk, the more she opens up, and we are on the same page. She is a special girl. Thanks for the advice Kuya, and I don't ask unless I really want it so I appreciate it!
                                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X