X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Greetings Nester's,

Just a quick flyby.

My thoughts are with those of you doing it tough at the moment. Just do your best.

Day 11. Bring it on.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ivn,

I am very sorry to hear this news of Vachkiri.

Vale Vachkiri.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1509153 wrote: You know, I should be sad that I will never get over being an alcoholic. But I'm not sad. I'm grateful to know the truth. it has made me a better person. I must choose each and every day, each and every moment, how I wish to live this one life that has been granted to me. ~
        Tess 2, what a wonderful, wonderful post. Nice to have you in the nest. Your post reminds me of a quote that I read recently that really resonated with me..
        "we are not given a good life or a bad life, we are given a life, it is up to us how we choose to live it."
        Your post just affirms the importance of being honest with yourself and realizing that admitting your weakness, and changing your behaviour, is the true sign of strength. Finally being AF makes me feel like I have control of my life. The Nest is always inspirational! :l
        On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Wow, so much has been going on here today, can't quite keep up!
          I'd just like to say hello & welcome to the newest newbies, glad you are here.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest - buckle up

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I feel so far behind everyone! I have not had a good chance to come into the nest and see the goings on....but I just read through from last night. So glad to have people come back and come in as new....I am so sorry for the loss of vachkirl....

I feel a bit self absorbed these past couple of days which is not like me. I really enjoy reading everyone's posts and helping out when I can. But, I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis....I still can't quite believe it and I am feeling a bit numb.....

Anyway, it is not a fatal disease so that is the good news.
            Please know that I am thinking of you guys and am reading, but just don't have it in me to do my regular posting.....I hope this feeling goes away soon!
            I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well today I'm driving in the rain feeling the usual frustration because I am confused about which way to turn in my life now. My husband is still using his drug of choice and it seems like all I do is try and make ends meet. I mean I' m working until every muscle is screaming in agony and still it isn't enough. I want him to break through and really quit drinking and smoking that crap. He says he wants to but he just isn't able to at this time. The lies, the deceit. It's s getting to me right?
              But as I drive and think about this stuff, it's almost like a ray of sun comes through. At least I am not drinking and I do have something to be proud of. I decide to celebrate and buy myself a new pair of shoes. I deserve it.
              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning everyone--
                just checking in quickly on my way to work.
                the beginning of day 2 and feeling more positive.
                it's good to be here again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone,Just checking in tonight to say high. Am about to head out to see a concert so only a short post. Day 15 here today and tonight would loved to have a drink but resisted! This weekend will be tough. lots of social activities. Who will be around? Can we do this af weekend together? Sorry I havn't read all the posts;just a busy time! Good Luck everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ivn, I?m very sad to hear about your friend, Vachiri. Sending you :l:l and hoping you can stay clear of the bottle. Stay close.

Little Beagle, your situation sounds very sad. I was wondering, do you have children? It must be very difficult going AF with a partner who isn?t so I take my hat off to you. I wonder how long those two opposing positions can co-exist? New pair of shoes sounds like good medicine for now though, well done you. Wishing you strength :l

Lifechange ? :yay: great to see you and we?re back on the same day, spooky! I did notice your post last night but was so tired I fell asleep and woke up 11 hours later!! You sound so much better today though, great news. I feel different to when I was here before. Loneliness was a big trigger for me in the beginning coming out of a messy break up and losing my mum, but time does heal. Had good doses of sobriety too and I like it, and like me too then. Made lots of positive changes and been enjoying life. Obviously not quite out of the woods yet and thoughts began creeping back. How grateful am I to have this place to come back to knowing what amazing support I?ll find to give it another go. Thank you everyone!!

Have a great day all, day 2 here
                    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi y'all,

Jennie, I hope that arthritis is somehow manageable. How are you doing there?

Enjoy your concert Hadit. I'll be popping in and out this weekend.

I'm off to have an early night here. Take care everyone. Think positive.

Comment

Newbies Nest

little beagle;1509294 wrote: Well today I'm driving in the rain feeling the usual frustration because I am confused about which way to turn in my life now. My husband is still using his drug of choice and it seems like all I do is try and make ends meet. I mean I' m working until every muscle is screaming in agony and still it isn't enough. I want him to break through and really quit drinking and smoking that crap. He says he wants to but he just isn't able to at this time. The lies, the deceit. It's s getting to me right?
                        But as I drive and think about this stuff, it's almost like a ray of sun comes through. At least I am not drinking and I do have something to be proud of. I decide to celebrate and buy myself a new pair of shoes. I deserve it.
                        LB - retail therapy - I love it! New shoes always pick up a girl's spirits. Sorry for your situation. My husband was in a similar situation with me and drinking. If it makes you feel any better, there is hope that one day your message will get through. You may just need to move on with your own life first, much like my husband has. It doesn't mean the relationship has to end - but it does have to change a bit on order for everyone to heal and get out if it what they want.

Hugs to you.
                        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Another datk & gloomy morning around these parts, oh well.
                          I will fill my day one way or the other & ignore the weather as much as possible

LB, I know it's hard not having any support but just remember we all have what we need in & of ouselves. We really don't need the help or approval of others to achieve & maintain our goals. I've done all this on my own as well. Be kind to yourself & reward yourself when you can - new shoes are great!

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a great AF Thursday!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wishing everyone well

Just a quick check-in tonight. Have read lots of the Newbies' posts - some happy, some very sad.

It really helps to be part of the MWO community, and i send positive vibes to you all (from Australia, where right now, in my part of the country it's 9.18pm and very cold!

Time to make a hot chocolate!

Goodnight,
                            Steady
                            :h
                            AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, just checking in to wish everybody well. Interview today, so I'm crossing my fingers as it would be the ideal situation.

Peaceful, sober day to all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cocoflo;1509447 wrote: Good Morning, just checking in to wish everybody well. Interview today, so I'm crossing my fingers as it would be the ideal situation.

Peaceful, sober day to all.
                                Hope your interview goes well! You sure have gotten yourself in good condition for a positive change over the last month !

:h NS

Comment

Working...
                                X