Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks jd girl.
    Just saying hi to everyone. Dogs need bathing this afternoon. Ugh!
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Psy, you're doing great. Look forward to getting to know you

Good luck to the interviewees today Cocoflo & K9 - hope the jobs are perfect for you.

Hi to all. Safe & sound this end :l
      You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

little beagle;1509294 wrote: Well today I'm driving in the rain feeling the usual frustration because I am confused about which way to turn in my life now. My husband is still using his drug of choice and it seems like all I do is try and make ends meet. I mean I' m working until every muscle is screaming in agony and still it isn't enough. I want him to break through and really quit drinking and smoking that crap. He says he wants to but he just isn't able to at this time. The lies, the deceit. It's s getting to me right?
        But as I drive and think about this stuff, it's almost like a ray of sun comes through. At least I am not drinking and I do have something to be proud of. I decide to celebrate and buy myself a new pair of shoes. I deserve it.
        Dear little beagle,

Your situation is rough because it sounds like you are the one working so hard to bring home the bacon while your husband is "using his drug of choice." Does he work too? Are you carrying the entire household financial responsibility? You are "working until every muscle is screaming in agony" while hubby is doing.... what?

The lies. The deceit. Of course it's getting to you!!

I am very proud of you for not drinking in the midst of an extremely difficult situation. You can hold your head high and wear those new shoes with pride!! :coolbubble:
        Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
        pointed the way
        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jenni.....sorry to hear about the diagnosis....you will be able to deal with it better sober and I expect the drinking was masking the symptoms before so at least you can get it under control now.

Welcome psy.......good job on getting the worst week over keep reading and posting until you feel safely sober ODAAT.

Siren.....congrats to you :l:h

LB....you are so strong with this man.....the tougher you hang now the firmer your quit will be. Don't let anything take this away from you, it is too precious.

Tess......it is nearly time for your flying underpants award......well done soldier

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1509697 wrote: Jenni.....sorry to hear about the diagnosis....you will be able to deal with it better sober and I expect the drinking was masking the symptoms before so at least you can get it under control now.

Welcome psy.......good job on getting the worst week over keep reading and posting until you feel safely sober ODAAT.

Siren.....congrats to you

LB....you are so strong with this man.....the tougher you hang now the firmer your quit will be. Don't let anything take this away from you, it is too precious.

Tess......it is nearly time for your flying underpants award......well done soldier
            Ah, kuya, thank you!! I've never been the proud owner of flying underpants. I'm SO looking forward to them. Hubby would be thrilled too, no doubt, but shh.. he does not know what the future holds... :bigwink:

kuya, I think maybe I have a bit too much time on my hands. I am between the completion of my studies, graduation, and joining the workforce. I want to use this time wisely. Soon enough I will be longing for holidays and vacations -- you know, free time.

I'm wondering what to do with myself that will change the world... :yeahright: You are a woman of wisdom. Any thoughts??... :question2:

The man pulling radishes
            pointed the way
            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1399327 wrote: Well, Fin, as you can see....some of us never leave!! It is totally your call...there aren't any rules per se...I hope you'll stay around. Personally, I felt a certain duty to extend the same wing that was extended for me....I was so scared when I flew in...and Lav and several others guided me along, time after time, falling out, but dragging myself back in. Just park wherever you are comfortable. No one will ever push you out!! B

I like this Byrdie: "Just park wherever you are comfortable." Well said!! Newbies Nest is where I found the information, support, and love to "come clean" and regain my life. I don't plan to go anywhere else. I'm parking myself right here!! :giggle:

Like you, I was SO frightened and discouraged when I landed upside down in The Nest. You were out with your dear father, so Lav nursed me along with a dropper of sugar water, the "sugar" being genuine concern. (You can tell that I grew up on a farm and have nursed many animals, abandoned or injured, back to life. I am well acquainted with a dropper and cup of nutrition of some sort to feed the helpless creatures, who are loveable beyond compare!!)

So I'm parked. The car will probably rust-out before I move it. It may become an eye-sore. But I know that you will forgive me. (Heck, have it towed if it bothers you.) :baaah:

The man pulling radishes
              pointed the way
              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi psy,good job you noticed your signs of too much drinking,we only have 1 life we may as well be with it,feels good to be sober,your body and brain will thank you,you deserve a better life than being a big drinker,you don't want a purple nose that would suck,congrats on noticing you have a problem,you will be happy your free of the devil,Lt sure does creep up on us,good to catch it while youare young,you will be happy you did,life is solo much better not hungover,my 54 days today are going great,sometimes get a feeling but no craving,just nest alga what l use to do,keep up the great work,were all in this together!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess, they'll have to tow me before they get to you!!! Gosh, you've been in the archives finding that message! I'm still singing the same tune!!

Great to see everyone doing well!
                  Psy, welcome aboard! Have you found the thread, You might be an alcoholic if......? (I'll go bump it up so you can find it) It is both funny and sad...we've all rotated liquor stores!! And the stories about recycling day!!! Gosh, you are going to be pleasantly surprised at how much more peaceful it is inside your head. Stick close....we got your back!! Congrats on your 7 days! In our world, that is HUGE!!! I felt flu-ey the first couple weeks, too. After all your body's been thru, it needs some TLC, so be good to yourself.

Snuggle in all....here is the butt Velcro....laster:
                  XO, Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, Byrdie, I read Newbies Nest archives quite a lot because that is where I find the wisdom of those who have gone before me. To use an old cliche': why reinvent the wheel, right? As most Nesters know, I am a bookworm, so I read and read; then read some more.

K9, I'm thinking of your interview. Also, CoCo. Wishing for you the success that you strive for!! ~

The man pulling radishes
                    pointed the way
                    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All!

I feel like my interview went well and I could feel all the good wishes coming my way!

On another note, I will be scarce until Tuesday...leaving tonight for a little vacay with the family. I hope you all have a great weekend, and remember to stay strong and stick close to the Nest if you feel shaky!

Love,
                      K9
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening fellow Nesters,

Well it's been a very emotional day. My father decided everything that goes wrong, gets broke, or goes missing is mine, or my sons fault, and went so far as to tell him.

He said it was either him or his punk butt friends. Lane told him this is ridiculous. I soooooo agree.

Has anyone else found as our parents age, they get sort of irrational? Would love to see him go to a head dr, but that is out of the question.

Anyway Hope everyone has a safe night in the nest.

Applying my butt Velcro and passing to the next.
                        JDG
                        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
                          Puppy is a puggle/dachshund mix..cute little girl...other doggies are getting adjusted slowly but they are playing.
                          She will stay small we think so she can travel with us in the RV.
                          Tons to do on dads house...trying to fix it up without spending more money than we will get out of it.
                          Also looking for things to donate to the shelter where we got Penny for their yard sales..they are not for profit and totally funded by donations. Really great place so I am trying to help.
                          dottie
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Best wishes with your interviews Coco and Niner! How did they go? Edit: Ah, cool Niner. Best of luck then and safe travels.

Hi Dottie and JD.

Welcome Psy!

Wishing everyone a safe, sober and magical day or evening.

Day 12. Bring it on! Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 ave a nice break and make sure you come back on Tuesday. Allways love your posts.

Comment

Newbies Nest

A big thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I was hesitant to post as it was one of the first times I've openly admitted I'm dealing with a problem. It really game me a lift, and I already can see that there are some wonderful people here. A little while ago while preparing supper I shared with my other half to explain that I have a problem and why I have decided to quit drinking. The response was complete support.

A few weeks ago I made plans with some co-workers who would also be in Montreal at the same time I am to have a wild party on the town tonight. I knew that I couldn't go, and it was kind of hard to tell them that I couldn't make it. They texted me not long ago that they were at the hotel drinking and that they had "party favours" and were getting ready for a night of dancing. They begged me to join them, but I was able to say no. It felt unfair at the time, but I feel peace and calm now.

A little while ago while eating supper I realized I felt truly happy - something that hasn't happened in a long time.

G'nite everyone :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X