Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello all
    just checking in, reading posts and great to read folks doing well and positive. Hope all turns out good from your interview K9.

SS
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all!

Great news K9 & have a nice vacay

JDG, my Dad once accused me of poisoning him on Thanksgiving because he was sick all the following day. The rest of us were all fine - there was no poison - just a stomach virus. I never thought of trying to poison him up until that point :H Older people get mean & paranoid sometimes.

psy, glad you made the decision to stay out of harm's way
      Glad you are feeling happier already!

Hello to everyone & wishes for a safe night in the nest for all of us!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav " Older people get mean & paranoid sometimes."
        Add Alzheimer's to the mix and that is what I face with my dad....exhausting...he tells everyone he was mis diagnosed...NOT....really hard on me sometimes....but I have to do what I have to do...
        dottie
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1509847 wrote: Lav " Older people get mean & paranoid sometimes."
          Add Alzheimer's to the mix and that is what I face with my dad....exhausting...he tells everyone he was mis diagnosed...NOT....really hard on me sometimes....but I have to do what I have to do...
          dottie
          My mother also has Alzheimer's but she was always mean and paranoid and still is, but actually a little less so now she seems to sometimes realise the end is coming. She also thinks they have misdiagnosed and is still planning holidays abroad that will never happen.

Oddly her Alzheimer's is like the end of a spectrum she has exhibited all her life. Her innate narcissism has always made her very disconnected with the reality of others.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guitarista;1509790 wrote: Best wishes with your interviews Coco and Niner! How did they go? Edit: Ah, cool Niner. Best of luck then and safe travels.

Hi Dottie and JD.

Welcome Psy!

Wishing everyone a safe, sober and magical day or evening.

Day 12. Bring it on! Yo!
            A dozen AF days, Guitarista. Awesome!! Tomorrow will be the baker's dozen. Way to go!!
            Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
            pointed the way
            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello everyone!!
              Psy: WELCOME You already sound like you have the right attitude. And 7 days is absolutely amazing.

I know Tess already gave you your prize, but I can't help myself and just MUST give you the prize as well:

:moon:

That is for each and every day of the week you stayed sober!! What a wonderful beginning.....

So, the past week or so I have been out of sorts. I had in-laws visiting, a stressed out spouse because of it, and my own medical issues. I found myself just trudging through the days rather than stopping and smelling the flowers......Well ladies and gentlemen, I feel a shift in my attitude and owe so much of my attitude adjustment to you fine people. The care you have shown me really blows me away.....I am so lucky to have found all of you and this site.

I have been very introspective lately and have come to understand a few interesting tidbits about myself that I never knew before. I am a mom of two teenagers and I am also a "boss" at work. Those roles require me to be strong, clear minded and rational at all times (especially at work). These roles require me to suppress my feelings of vulnerability.

When drinking, the AL compounded the problem because I was always pretending that I either felt completely fine and not hungover, or felt completely fine and not drunk. Putting on this brave show ALL THE TIME is certainly draining. Now that I have stopped drinking, I don't have to pretend that I am not drunk or not hungover. I can be honest with how I feel at all times. It is SO LIBERATING!!!!! But, I still need to "be in charge" at work and in the home. HOWEVER, I can come here and post when I am feeling sad or scared or sick or tired or whatever. I can post and know that I will get support, not judgment. I will be encouraged, not second guessed. I will receive respect for the way I feel. That means so much to me.

Thank you all for being there for me!!!

So now, with my new attitude, I am sitting here with the windows open listening to what is normally a babbling brook next to my house. We had torrential downpours today so my cute babbling brook is a roaring river and it is such a peaceful yet powerful sound!!! I have so many things to be grateful for. If I had been drinking tonight, I would not stop to listen to the water. I would have drank at my bad attitude to oblivion, passed out and then I would have woken up in the morning with the same exact bad attitude but with a hangover to boot. There is SO MUCH MORE to not drinking than not drinking!!!
              Don't you think?
              I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Jennie, You sound great!! Good to have you back!! :yougo:

All Nesters, passing the butt Velcro to the right... get your hind-end into The Nest and snuggle down 'tween the twigs. Okay... maybe not always the total comfort of a five star hotel -- but completely safe and cozy. No better place to be :exclaimation:

Here's some extra butt Velcro, should we need to pass it along to the left... laster:laster:
                Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                pointed the way
                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

So true Jennie, I have now been af for 16 days and am slowly beginning to enjoy those little things in life that I have missed out on for so long. Its 5.00pm Frid in oz and I would normally have slammed down a bottle of wine by now, but decided to have a diet coke instead. The cravings are nowhere near as bad as they were 2 weeks ago, so I am really pleased about that. Some people unfortunately have strong cravings for weeks. Keep up the good work Jennie and thanks for my 14 day award!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters. Everyone's racking up the days, tis great. Friday morning, day 3 and butt velcro firmly attached. Weekend no. 1 here we come
                    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nester's!

Thanks Tess. Good to see you Jennie.

Wrapping up day 12 here, and feeling great, aside from a little frog in the throat and sniffle.

Passing the butt Velcro!

Take care everyone. Think positive.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1509860 wrote:
                        When drinking, the AL compounded the problem because I was always pretending that I either felt completely fine and not hungover, or felt completely fine and not drunk. Putting on this brave show ALL THE TIME is certainly draining. Now that I have stopped drinking, I don't have to pretend that I am not drunk or not hungover. I can be honest with how I feel at all times. It is SO LIBERATING!!!!! But, I still need to "be in charge" at work and in the home. HOWEVER, I can come here and post when I am feeling sad or scared or sick or tired or whatever. I can post and know that I will get support, not judgment. I will be encouraged, not second guessed. I will receive respect for the way I feel. That means so much to me.
                        Well said. I feel like I am ALWAYS pretending and I'm never "me". It's all a show. Hiding the hangover, hiding the drunkenness... I've had people tell me "I can never tell when you are drunk because you act so calm and normal". Wow. This is not something to be proud of.

We all need to get past the AL so we can truly be who we are. I know that I have a good person inside of me, I just keep masking her with poison and present a bad attitude instead. How many times have we all wanted to scream "this is not the real me"? I want to get to where you are... liberated
                        Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters, Day 16 done and dusted. About to hit the sack. Good Luck this weekend guys. Will check in tomorrow Day 17.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mein Sonnenschein;1509969 wrote:

We all need to get past the AL so we can truly be who we are. I know that I have a good person inside of me, I just keep masking her with poison and present a bad attitude instead. How many times have we all wanted to scream "this is not the real me"? I want to get to where you are... liberated
                            Right on Mein.

I've spent far too much time wasting my precious life and ripping myself off. Time to live and not just exist. All it takes is to put a foot forward, then another, then another, and don't look back.

x-post. Great stuff Hadit!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Newbies Nest

FreeFly;1509931 wrote: Morning Nesters. Everyone's racking up the days, tis great. Friday morning, day 3 and butt velcro firmly attached. Weekend no. 1 here we come
                              Definatley ready for another af weekend. Whose with ME?

Comment

Newbies Nest

FreeFly;1509931 wrote: Morning Nesters. Everyone's racking up the days, tis great. Friday morning, day 3 and butt velcro firmly attached. Weekend no. 1 here we come
                                Day 3 Freefy?!

You are rockin' it!

Have a great weekend, free from the chains.

I say YEAH! Tony Robbins style Hadit. hehe.

Comment

Working...
                                X