Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Destiniey;1510075 wrote: Good morning Peeps! It has been a while since I posted on here but I just wanted to check in and and let everyone know that today is my 10 month anniversay being AF! I thought it was a good time to read back over my posts and see where I was and what I was struggling with last year at this time. It is so nice to come back here and see so many familiar "faces" and although I have been MIA from the posts on here you have all been close to my heart and your words of wisom have echoed in my brain daily.....thank you to everyone!
    Dear Destiniey,

Thank you for checking in. Congrats on 10 months of freedom from alcohol! Well done!! :cheering:

I would enjoy hearing more about your journey. Any and all tips regarding long-term sobriety are helpful.

Many of us fly in and out of The Nest. That is a natural thing. You know, we want to test our new wings, knowing that there is a safe and welcoming place to return to.

Happy that you are here. ~
    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
    pointed the way
    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dest!!! GREAT to hear from you!! 10 months!! How about that!
      zwink:

That's a special hat! (since I can't exceed 6 smilies!)
      I hope you will either stick around or come back in 2 months to receive your coveted Big Girl Pants Award for one year!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Thanks for coming by!!! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

free at last;1509637 wrote: Hi all,
        Been out of email/internet contact during holiday but just noticed Siren's big accomplishment and wanting to send my big congratulations -- another of the 311 gang makes the 30 day mark. You go, girl! Happy to report another AF day for me.
        Dear free at last,

Happy to hear of another AF Day for you. Nice!! :clapclap:

And yes, huge congrats to Siren. Way to go!! :agreed:

Stay in touch. ~

The man pulling radishes
        pointed the way
        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Samstone;1509835 wrote: Hello all
          just checking in, reading posts and great to read folks doing well and positive. Hope all turns out good from your interview K9.

SS
          Hey SS,

Thanks for checking in. How has this day been for you? I appreciate your posts.

Stay well. ~

The man pulling radishes
          pointed the way
          with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Destiniey;1510075 wrote: Good morning Peeps! It has been a while since I posted on here but I just wanted to check in and and let everyone know that today is my 10 month anniversay being AF! I thought it was a good time to read back over my posts and see where I was and what I was struggling with last year at this time. It is so nice to come back here and see so many familiar "faces" and although I have been MIA from the posts on here you have all been close to my heart and your words of wisom have echoed in my brain daily.....thank you to everyone!
            Hi Destiniey - nice to see you. Wow, amazing job on 10 months. Bet you feel amazing and how interesting to read back and see where you were before. :goodjob:

Day 3 here - lol!
            You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Nester's near and not so far,

Great stuff Des! Good to see you again.

Great going on day 3 AF Freefly. Steady as she goes Captain.

As for me, there is magic, there is Nursies sober dust or is that stardust, I can't tell the difference. There is everyone's heroic acheivements and attitudes I read here every day. The chains and iron cuffs on my ankles have snapped and broken, via an amazing inner lifeforce that has burst forth in a blinding powerful AF white light! The kryptonite no longer weakens thee. I am alive, I have risen again from the ashes of darkness and negativity. Freedom! (look, there goes a butterfly)

My friends, It is day 13. Bring it on!

It is so great to have the Nest and all of you to waffle on to. Have a safe, sober and magical weekend. Thanks everyone.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

G-man! Wow! I'm so glad to hear of your strength! There's something about Day 13!! It was a real gamechanger for me...sounds like it is for you, too. I had done 12 days twice before, so I just missed the magic....the third time was the charm!
                I'm so happy for you!
                Stay strong everyone! Friday is just another day! Hugs all, Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Maybe Byrdy,

I like my quit date with the 13's in it, and also today being day 13. A positive omen I reckon. Well, it is in my mind.

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,

Just wanted to pop in for a min and say today has been better with my dad. Lane (my son) still has not seen or spoken to him though.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest. Applying butt Velcro that will last 3 days. Woo Hoo
                    This stuff is industrial strength......lol
                    Looking forward to my first AF holiday, bring it on.
                    C-ya n the am.
                    JDG
                    Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guitarista;1510255 wrote: Maybe Byrdy,

I like my quit date with the 13's in it, and also today being day 13. A positive omen I reckon. Well, it is in my mind.

L8tr, Yo!
                      Yes, Guitarista, it's the luck of the Baker's Dozen!! Proud of you!! The butterfly you saw was a gift. ~ :butterfly:

The man pulling radishes
                      pointed the way
                      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Nice to see so many checking & great on the AF plans for the weekend

G, awesome on your 13 days :yay:

Destiniey, happy to see you doing so well - good for you

In case anyone was wondering ~ AF holiday weekends really do rock! You can feel free to have a great time & have no worries about the dreaded hangover! You can reflect on what this holiday is really all about & take the time to properly thank all the veterans.

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!
                        Hang on tight!!!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav, This is my 3rd weekend in a row AF!!! How do I feel? Relaxed and seem to enjoy the small things in life. When drinking it was a continuous rollercoaster ride, allways that nagging thought in my mind,when was I going to have my next drink? Did I have enough to get the job done?I spent so much time running to the bottle shop,backwards and fwds. Its crazy.I don't want to live like that anymore. I have had a few social events in the last few weeks and have managed OK. There is a big vacuum now I have ended my relationship with al. Not sure how to deal with that at the moment,but working on it!
                          Looked forward to this w.e af and travelling ok.No real cravings Sat 11.45am Hope everyone is kicking goals!!! Thanks for listening. Any advice on the vacuum would be really appreciated.

DAY 17 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1510274 wrote: ...In case anyone was wondering ~ AF holiday weekends really do rock! You can feel free to have a great time & have no worries about the dreaded hangover! You can reflect on what this holiday is really all about & take the time to properly thank all the veterans... Lav
                            Very well said, Lav. Thank you!!

The man pulling radishes
                            pointed the way
                            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hadit, I'm learning how to fill the vacuum too. I have lots of time, so I've had to get with it on what to do. I cook, feed birds, work in my hard, jog/walk, read voraciously (especially addiction books), watch TV, read and post here a lot. Ann and Byrdie are into beading.

I've never really had hobbies because I've always worked so now that I don't it's like learning a whole new way of life. You'll get better and better at it..........

Congrats on doing so well!!

xx,
                              UN:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Unwasted, I work with kids that have disabilities. Its a heartbreaking job,but, keeps things in perspective. Its a great leveller. Some kids have enormous obstacles to overcome. I get mad with myself sometimes and feel pathetic about my alcoholism and why I just can't give it up for good! DAY 17 today

Comment

Working...
                                X