Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello all, I don't think i posted on here yesterday and I'm so sorry - another senior moment for sooty!
    Things ok this end, been out for a walk and done some shopping so there's food in the fridge again. Weather very mild for end of October and very damp. I wish we had proper seasons instead our weather just seems to merge into muggy and dull.
    Hope everyone is doing ok, take care folks
    Sooty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Need some help with the supplements. I just ran out on my lunch break to my local health food store and was able to find L-glut, milk thistle, evening primose oil, kudzu, and the natural calm anti-stress drink (powder). This is most of the power pack that is listed on the MWO Health Store page.
      Has anyone in here taken all of these?? The only Kudzu I could find is 750mg. Too much???
      Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated. I'm anxious to begin this!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Mountaingirl,

Have you read through the Holistic Healing links? There are a few threads that talk about Kudzu and L-Glut among other supplements. I took (3) 300 mg of kudzu to begin with and have cut down a bit now. I take a 1000 mg dose of L-glut when the cravings are extra strong, but should probably be taking it on a daily basis anyway. I would image you could take 1 of those higher dose kudzu tabs per day with no problems. I think for me it has helped to keep it in my system.

Sorry I can't be more help. If you don't find answers to your questions in any of the older threads start a new thread in the General Intro or Just Starting Out forums. There are lots of folks who will be able to give you good feedback.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks findingmyself I get confused on which threads are which?? I guess if comes with time. Thanks again!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone.

Just a quick fly-by - I've got an appointment for a massage tonight. Need one too. Oh the stress!!! (just kidding, working myself up for a good one though).

Hi Lav, Sooty, Mountain - the supps do help and Finding sent you in the right direction for info on those.

Find, agree with you on the broadness of the perfect stuff -- I'm always trying to figure it out too.

Take care!
            tw
            Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all! I am excited because the book and supps came today. Wanted to set right down and read, but a girls gotta work and I had a meeting tonight (not a massage like some lucky people!). That has really lightened my mood. I have been reading as much as I can on this site - I have so many questions. I have decided to make an appt to try to get topa. The holidays can be stressful enough and add to that the fact that I have also just come to terms with the fact that my adult daughter has a substance abuse problem too and that is more difficult than dealing with my own. Finding - I will check out the holistic healing info. Sometimes we over look the obvious. How did the soup turn out Lavande? Good night!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Hope everyone had a good, productive day

I did get some work done today, am set up for more in the morning! This normally is a busy time of the year for me but with the economy taking a nosedive, customers are warying of spending..........

Finding, Embroidery/Monogramming is my retirement job! I set myself up a home based shop when I retired from nursing. This is a pleasant change

Sooty, sometimes our seasons are not clearly defined either. Very often, at least here on the East coast, we go directly from winter right into summer........what happened to Spring?? It just doesn't seem right to turn off the heating system only to turn on the AC 2 weeks later!!

mountaingirl, I hope you found the info you needed on the supps. I didn't use the supps prescribed here because I already was taking something else.

A massage Tranq? I guess you can afford it with all that OT pay, huh???? Enjoy

Well, time to call it a day for me.........the night lite will be on.
                Have a safe night everyone!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

my song,
                  We cross posted!
                  Glad you got what you needed.
                  Soup was good, didn't have time to make bread though....
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone--just a quick check in--your posts really help.
                    Openheart
                    "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hidyho nesters!

How goes it Nesters?

Am still being totally insensitive and selfish and not helping out any newbies (Mainly cause right now I feel like I ain't no good example), but that said, I'm here and plodding as usual!

Work was busy today, then errands and collect wee chicks from Day care to have takeaway at the park and play "What's the Time Mr.Wolf" with them like a right royal twit!

All good though, then we all sat down and watched Bambi (my Mum's all time fave) and put them to bed !

Now chilling out and just zening for self!
                      Love to all and strength to all
                      Chook
                      *with a sort of ambivalant cluck*

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Friday morning Nesters!

I'm the early bird again??

my song, I hope you've had a chance to read the book, it has some very useful information. I'm sending you & your daughter strength & best wishes in dealing with these problems. Life will get better, honestly!

openheart, glad you checked in, hope all is well with you!

I have a busy day ahead myself but will check back this evening.
                        Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Lav!
                          How you travelling?
                          Chook
                          *clucks at you enthusiastically!*

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all,

MySong, I'm sorry that your daughter has a substance abuse problem. Is she facing it? I agree the holidays can be stressful and can bring out a lot of emotions, which is one reason I'm looking forward to getting through this season without alcohol as a constant companion. It really just heightens those already crazy emotions. Glad the package came and you can start getting some more ideas on how to help you along the way. I really believe that the supplements that I did take were very useful. Let us know how they work for you.

Lav, it's great that you've set up shop at home post retirement.

Chicken, "Yeehaw" :H - I'm always checking your "Moods" now.

Openheart, keep checking in and posting. We love to get updates on how everyone is doing!

TW, a massage sounds wonderful. Are you all bendy and spaghetti-like now?

Off to work. Have a good Friday everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nestlings!

This is one very sick little birdie checking in Damn kids!!!! Come home with all their nasty cooties and spread them all over the house! :H Well, I'm on the way up now, just in time to start nursing Mr. Wonderful back - it hit him around 1am last night. *sigh*

Of course, on the upside, there is little desire for anything stronger than Nyquil - there truly IS a silver lining in everything, eh?

Welcome mountaingirl! Are you settling in here alright?
                              And a quick wave from far away (and no breathing on you) to Lav, our chook, sooty, tranq, finding, open, and if I forgot anyone, please forgive me. Very foggy head today. Which is much better than the very feverish, pounding head I carried around yesterday
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I don't usually fly in at lunchtime but thought I would today - glad I did too

Chook, I missed your post this morning (only had 1 eye open, ha ha). Glad to hear your clucking sounds, always makes me smile Hope to have you back up to full speed soon!!

Sunni, I'm sorry the virus has entered your home!! It hasn't gotten here yet, I'm sure it's just a matter of time........I've been making a lot of soup lately, any requests?? I'll be glad to ship some to you

Finding, keep going, you're doing great!

I need to get back to work!
                                See you all later.
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X