Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1510184 wrote: Hey SS,

Thanks for checking in. How has this day been for you? I appreciate your posts.

Stay well. ~
    Hello Tess
    My day's been great, thanks, hope your's has been the same. The sun finally came out and the Blue Ridge mountains were crystal clear. I notice you are from Seattle. I have family on Vashon. I've hiked on Rainier some, that is one pretty piece of wilderness.

I appreciate your posts as well, you and many others here are really hopeful and helpful with staying sober.

SS
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hadit, I hear you. I do that too - kick myself for not being able to appreciate my good health and compromise it for lousy alcohol. We have to remember the nature of addiction, though, and not beat ourselves up. If we can stay positive I think we have a much better shot at kicking the bastard to the curb. I just watched a documentary called The Secret. Are you familiar with it? Good stuff if you can find it on Netflix. I watched it on Amazon via my Prime membership.

JDG, sorry I'm not familiar with your situation - your dad and son, etc. but am glad it's better??!!!

Mr. G. - you sound awesome - love your enthusiasm - you absolutely rock, sir.

Hey Sam, and others stopping by. Have a restful night and wonderful unhung Saturday!!

xx,
      UN:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Samstone
        sounds beautiful. Wish I could see it.
        Hadit, keeping busy is what I try to do. Make jelly, bake a cake for the hubby or garden. Take beagles for an extra walk when I feel antsy. At least I Can remember what it is I did. Such a great feeling. This is my first sober and clean holiday I can remember for a long time.
        Happy af weekend everyone. Passing butt velcro to the left.
        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unwasted,sorry not familiar with The Secret,but will try and find it. Thanks

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Nester's,

How is everyone?

Early Sat. night here. 'Think i'm gonna dance now' Thank you Tom Jones. Maybe later.

All good here. How are you going there Hadit?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodaye G, Yeah, I am doing really well thanks. Its 6.30 pm here and about to go out for some food. Sounds like you are on top of things and giving the bastard a fair shaking!! This is my 3rd af weekend in years. Amazing really, and as they say IT gets easier. Although I am very concience that one drink could ruin it all all !!! Good Luck. Probably will watch a bit of footy tonight.What about you? What are you up to?

Comment

Newbies Nest

hadit;1510403 wrote: Goodaye G, Yeah, I am doing really well thanks. Its 6.30 pm here and about to go out for some food. Sounds like you are on top of things and giving the bastard a fair shaking!! This is my 3rd af weekend in years. Amazing really, and as they say IT gets easier. Although I am very concience that one drink could ruin it all all !!! Good Luck. Probably will watch a bit of footy tonight.What about you? What are you up to?
                Sounds good. I think i'll watch a movie. About to attack some icecream. Just chilling here tonight. A bit of flu dictating the young mans pace.

The further we get away from the last drink, the better chance we give ourselves to heal I think.

Go Bombers!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Newbies Nest

Going to be an interesting game. All eyes are on Essenden. I have tipped Bombers to win, I think it was by 25 points! My brother is fanatical about them so I reckon he will be there tonight. Since I stopped the booze,I have had a bad chest infection. Never ever get sick! Might have to slip into a few! Yeah, like hell. I am over it. Good Luck hope bombers win

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks H.

Take care of that chest infection.

Comment

Newbies Nest

there MUST be some connection with getting sober and then getting sick. I had the worst cold of my life about a month ago. It really knocked me off my feet for at least a week. I would bet you that the body works so hard to readjust once the booze is gone that the immune system is compromised....that and the fact that there is no alcohol in our system to sterilize the germs?????

You guys sound great guitarista and hadit ..... what sport are you referring to? Sorry, I am an american girl....

It is raining cats and dogs in here in the northeast of the US.....on a holiday weekend too :upset: But that is OK. I will build a fire in my fireplace and get cozy with a book and tea. That will be a treat for me!!
                      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Abbers

The storms have cleared here & it's quite nice out except a bit chilly! At some point I will get outside & get some work done in the garden.

Hadit, filling the vacuum is a big part of this process
                        Lots of people revive old hobbies, some try out new hobbies. I know the first thing I did was clear out lots of unwanted 'stuff' that i had ignored for years. I then got into painting & freshening up a few rooms, regained my interest in gardening, started a regular exercise program (Curves), learned a lot about meditation, etc, etc. Basically, you can do whatever you want to do - yay

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a wonderful AF Saturday!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1510455 wrote: there MUST be some connection with getting sober and then getting sick. I had the worst cold of my life about a month ago. It really knocked me off my feet for at least a week. I would bet you that the body works so hard to readjust once the booze is gone that the immune system is compromised....that and the fact that there is no alcohol in our system to sterilize the germs?????

You guys sound great guitarista and hadit ..... what sport are you referring to? Sorry, I am an american girl....
                          Hi Jennie,

Yes, I think you make a good point about getting sick. The withdrawal process and the healing takes it out of us a little.

The sport is Aussie rules football.

Have a great day. Shouldn't it be almost summer for you folk in the northern hemisphere? It seems to be raining everywhere, including the U.K.

But I can tell you, it aint raining in my heart.

Morning Lav.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Jenni, When I stopped drinking I got a chest Infection. Thats about 2 weeks (17 days af) ago and I can't seem to shake it off. Pumping in antibiotics and they don't seem to be working, so back to the docs tomorrow. Had to take 4 days of work which I never do. Never get sick really!! Only when I am Hungover.

The footy we watch in this part of the world is Australian Rules Football. It is a National Sport. In my state of Victoria its very big and lots of people follow it. Grand Finals are a major sporting event with 100,000 people packed into our main stadium,the Melbourne Cricket Ground. ITS a Great spectacle.

Have been reading your posts Jenni and getting inspired by them! Life is so much better without al. I am taking AB which is helping enormously together with MWO posts. Read lots of posts. I am also challenging al when I can. I have been to a number of social events and am finding EACH time I say NO,the cravings get easier to manage.

I am about to hit the sack, so will catch up tomoororw DAY 18

Comment

Newbies Nest

I guess after pouring booze down your throat and pickling your brain for years, your body must be wondering what the hell is going on. I am hoping my lack of energy is more to do with being sick than being sober. Time will tell. It can't last for ever!!! I do feel a Vacuum though. I have ended a relationship, albeit a very bad one, with al and I guess the first feeling, apart from no Hangover to deal with, is a Vacuum. But I am working on that. Catch you all tomorrow. Good morning LAV.

Just occurred to me, I have replaced one addiction with another....MWO ( but its a good addiction to have ha ha )

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI Hadit and all! I just wanted to say that AB saps my energy. It is a great tool to get sober but, just like any medicine, I'm weaning myself off it asap. I still have it in case I want to cave in, but I'm going to give it a shot on my own for a while. I'm hoping my natural energy comes soaring back.
                                Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X