Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Love the post Tess. This is exactly what I needed to hear at this exact moment. Thank you!:l
    Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

great post Tess. while I enjoyed being "off the grid" while on holiday, I sure missed the community of support everyone provides. Happy to report another AF day/night for me. Free
      Free at Last
      "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
      http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just got back from an AA meeting. I am struggling so much

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Piper!!! I remember you! Pull up a twig and let's catch up! What's been going on?!
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Piper123!
            You have come to the right place!! Let us know what is happening. We want to help you.
            I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2 is harder than day 1....every time I let myself get sucked down the rabbit hole it is so much harder to dig out...
              Going to friends for dinner and they dont drink so that is good....I know I can do this....been here done this before.....
              Dottie
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi BL,

Thanks for the twig. I am on here every single day and never post. I have learned so much, I am just not very good at expressing myself. All I know is I need help Usually I get this far in a post and log off without posting. Thanks again!

Paige

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good on you piper123!! I think the great thing about posting here is that we can all relate, it's so much easier than trying to ask for help!! You should try talking it about it though, it really helps to not feel so alone
                  Day 8!!! Can't remember 8 days sober, would be well over 10 years ago!!!
                  Have a fantastic day everyone!!! I'm going to put some music on and dance around the house while I get ready for work, it's my way of celebrating sobriety since I'd normally be nursing a hangover!!!!! Woot woot

Comment

Newbies Nest

3L's, so glad you are doing well! 8 days is huge!
                    Dot Belle, hang on in there and this will be the last time you have to do this! So proud of you for taking the bull by the horns. Hope you have an enjoyable time tonight at dinner!
                    Great to see everyone (hey Jenni!). Winding down this holiday weekend! Have a good evening everyone...we are all check to check here in the nest with our butt Velcro! Byrdie
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

piper123;1511448 wrote: Hi BL,

Thanks for the twig. I am on here every single day and never post. I have learned so much, I am just not very good at expressing myself. All I know is I need help Usually I get this far in a post and log off without posting. Thanks again!

Paige
                      Dear Paige,

You know what? Not everyone likes to write. So, who cares?? I could not care less!! I'm a write-a-holic. But there is such beauty in being a reader and listener. It's sort of like the difference between people who enjoy talking, talking, talking and those who really do not wish to speak. That's cool. There is no judgement here. Only unconditional love.

You need help, you say. Thanks for finding the courage to voice that. Paige, we all need help. We all need to be understood and accepted and loved right where we are.

So I invite you to hang out in The Nest every single day, just as you have, and continue to read and listen. Post if you want to. If not, know that we are thinking of you. We are here to help. But at your pace. And in your time.

Get super-cozy. We hand out blankets and pillows that are way better than the airlines offer. And you can bring anything on board that you need. We're not fussy. Nope. You are free to be who you are.

Welcome. And enjoy the flight.
                      Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                      pointed the way
                      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Nester's,

Good to hear from you Piper. Here's a fresh strip of thick, strong butt Velcro!

Think positive and do your best.

Day 16. Bring it on.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sweet 16, Mr G!!! GREAT JOB!! WoootieHoooooo! B
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1511488 wrote: Sweet 16, Mr G!!! GREAT JOB!! WoootieHoooooo! B
                            Thanks Byrdy!

I hope you've had a nice, reflective, relaxing weekend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Live_Love_Learn;1511454 wrote: Good on you piper123!! I think the great thing about posting here is that we can all relate, it's so much easier than trying to ask for help!! You should try talking it about it though, it really helps to not feel so alone
                              LLL congrats on your day 8, you are on your way to the coveted hat for 30 days !!! Awesome :goodjob:

Your words to piper123 sums up the MWO to a T, in the depths of despair there is always someone here who knows EXACTLY what you're going through, that is the secret to battling AL, you are not alone. There is an entire community, from all over the world, who can relate to every hardship, struggle, loss, pain and remorse that AL has caused...we battle AL together which increases our chances dramatically to succeed....:l And succeed we will!
                              On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guitarista, congrats on your 16 days as well! Awesome attitude,"bring it on!", sounds like you got this demon right where you want it, no where near you!
                                On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Working...
                                X