Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

halo;1511502 wrote: Guitarista, congrats on your 16 days as well! Awesome attitude,"bring it on!", sounds like you got this demon right where you want it, no where near you!
    Hey Halo,

Early days yet, but I am positive and feel good. One day at a time for me in these early days.

The cool thing is, I have plenty of tools and resources AND experience in battling this, so I am well prepared, and quietly confident. It's essential for me to work my little customised plan each and every day, and keep my eye on the prize. My freedom.

Hope you had a great weekend. Wishing you and all Nester's a safe, sober and magical week ahead.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Congrats to so many make great progress!

Dottie & piper, please stay close to the nest. You both seem to really want to quit & you can, I know you can. It's OK to struggle for a few days but that intense struggle is short-lived. It only takes a few days without AL & you will feel much better, stronger
      Start thinking in terms of gratitude & all you have to gain - it really helps.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
        Really nice visit with friends..we are planning a trip this summer together...just a short one to the Amish country in northern Ohio. Lots of good food and things to do.
        Tomorrow at dads to meet some potential renters and a few contractors....always something...but I am OK tonight and I know I will sleep better tonight too.
        Dottie
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all
          I had great time playing music with friends who drank their beer but did not care an iota whether I did or didn't. No comments were made, just a fun time, as it should be.

SS
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you SS, life without alcohol is just fine.

Congrats Mr G on your 16 days, keep on trucking.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters, well very happy with the first week as it flew by and included a 3-day holiday.

Back to work - have a great day everyone
              You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters, Just flying in to say Hi! Its almost winter here and very cold. I have reached 20 days af today. 30 days looked an impossiblity for me a couple of weeks ago,but now it is in my sights. It has been getting easier,however,last night my alkie brain went crazy and I was even having thoughts of throwing the whole deal in!! What was I thinking? It just goes to show Mr al is allways ready and willing to sink you into that pit of hell!! You just have to be so vigilant. Thanks Guys for keeping this thread so busy with support and advice for those struggling Hope you are all doing well.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day to Day

Hi Fellow Nesters;

Congratulations to everyone for hanging in there. Hadit - Day 20 - :goodjob:

Dottie & Samstone, it's great to be able to spend time with friends (even when they're drinking al) and to have a good time AF!

Freefly & Guitarista, you guys sound good, too!

BCP 2013, thanks for reminding me about the nutrition side of things. I take Vitamin B1, but there's probably other things i need too, will check out the info.

To all the other Nester's, thankyou for sharing your thoughts, achievements, aspirations, etc; so cosy here in this nest! I worry that i haven't addressed everyone who writes to me; please don't anyone think i don't appreciate the connection; I sincerely do! By the time i've read through all the posts and go to reply, i cant get it all straight in my head...Hopefully my short-term memory will improve the longer i'm AF!

best wishes to all,
                  stroppy but Steady
                  AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Sounds like everyone did OK overnight

Dottie have fun with your friends this summer. I live in Amish country in PA, see them everyday :H
                    Glad you are doing well.

Hi Sam, kuya, FF & hadit!
                    Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,

So good to see all the positive people here, and the racking up days of AF.

Strugglers don't give up, as someone said keep your eyes on the prize. We all know struggling first hand. At the end of the day it is so good to be able to say I did not drink today and before you know it its been a week.

Good Tuesday to all.
                      JDG
                      Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Night Nesters, Thanks for your posts. Looking fwd to 3 weeks af tomorrow. Its 9.45pm in Aus and I have an early start tomorow.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning to all!
                          another great day of I AM sober. So many more to look forward to having.
                          My red clay is dry enough to plant some more veggies today.
                          Onward!
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah! Day 30. I did not think I would feel this much better on day 1.
                            Have a great week everyone.
                            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Little beagle! I was just about to walk out the door but spotted your post and I'm so glad I did! I am thrilled to be able to present this award on behalf of the whole Newbie's Nest! Please accept this small token of a HUGE job. Your hat!!

:day5:

It may seem cheesy on the outside, but each and every stitch represents a craving fought off and triumphed over. The little fuzzy thing at the top was that really bad craving you had early on, but fought. The stripes are for each day taken one at a time. Well done on this milestone!! Would you have a few words for us as to how you were able to accomplish this, and make it look so easy? Well done, and many more a-head (hat joke). Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

:yay: Little Beagle :wd:
                                CONGRATS on your 30 AF days!

Greetings Steadfast (cross posted earlier), hi Byrdie!
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X