Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1511825 wrote: HOW is it Tuesday and back to work ALREADY?

I haven't had time to read back much but I'm glad to see everyone winning the battle against the Beast!

I had a good little vacation...BUT, got home and found out my nephew had a party while I was gone. Opened up the trashcan and saw 60 or so empty Bud Light cans staring at me. Many of you know my 20 year old nephew has lived with me for about a year now...but this is it. I told him to be out by July 1st. I'm a bit heartbroken over it...I wanted it to turn out differently....:upset:

No word on the job yet....the government certainly doesn't HURRY!
    Are we still pals?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy;1511858 wrote: Are we still pals?
      OF COURSE!!! I MISSED YOU!!!! :h:h
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy,

You can't imagine how great it is to hear from you!! I have missed you!! Welcome back!! We need you in The Nest. We need YOU in The Nest. Thank you for checking in. Oh, Happy Day!! mg
        Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
        pointed the way
        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Daily wine;1511841 wrote: I'm new here and need support badly for my daily wine destruction. I'm tired of family fights trying to raise 2 teenage boys and all my husband and I do is get drunk every night. Not too good of an example. I want it to end
          Dear Daily wine,

Alcoholism really sucks, doesn't it!! The destruction can end here. Welcome!!

What helped me in the beginning was to read back for a couple of weeks on Newbies Nest. This helped me to get to know the folks in The Nest. It gave me hope and inspiration. Soon after that, I got rid of all alcohol in my home. I don't know if your husband is "on board" with you to get sober. But it doesn't really matter. You can do this for yourself.

Others, more experienced than me, will be along soon with support and advice.

For me, after years of pain and struggle I had to make a decision to walk away from alcohol. At first, I didn't know if I could do it. But I did. And you can too!!

I am happy that you are here!! :clapclap:

The man pulling radishes
          pointed the way
          with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

YAY!!! Hi Hippy!
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Daily Wine,

Welcome yes this is one of the hardest thing I have ever tackled, but I knew it was killing me, and taking everyone I love away from me. So I ended a long term relationship with AL.

Very glad I did and you will be too. Don't do this for anyone else but you, because you are worth it!
              JDG
              Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I want my old life back.

:new:Hi all. After a failed attempt a couple of months ago I am determined to give up drinking. I don't kid myself it is going to be easy but I have to do it. Failure isn't an option. If I can drop in here for some moral support, advice or just a chat now and then, that would be great.
                I can beat this.
                Today is the day I start.
                1st September 2015.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Fat Fella!
                  We are glad you've found us. Read, post, read, post and read some more. I come here everyday because I wouldn't be sober without it. You've found a bunch of people that know exactly where you're coming from...so stick around and let us get to know you!
                  K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Evening Nesters,

just wanted to check in and say hi to everyone.

Dottie you are going through the toughest patch, the first few days AF. Like Churchill said "When you are going through hell, just keep walking".

Also everyone, do not forget to treat yourself to something special every time you hit a new milestone.

Byrdie, Lav, Kuya, K9
                    , do you know where Lolab is? Have not seen any posts from her in a while.

Allan
                    AF since 1st Sep 2012
                    NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to FatFella and welcome back Hippy

Nice to see you Allan.....haven't seen LOLAB in a while but nowadays she pops in less frequently so don't be overly concerned. Like you her visits are now sporadic, happily sober, which is great.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 3 here. I spent day two trying to exercise and that was rough. Going to excercise again tonight.
                        Daily wine I feel for you. I miss the sugars in it.

It was amazing how well I felt in my morning meeting today. I could see so clear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Derek;1511943 wrote: Day 3 here. I spent day two trying to exercise and that was rough. Going to excercise again tonight.
                          Daily wine I feel for you. I miss the sugars in it.

It was amazing how well I felt in my morning meeting today. I could see so clear.
                          Derek......glutamine powder works wonders for sugar cravings. Often the desire to drink is triggered by low blood sugar. Take glutamine and supplement with chromium picinolate and zinc.

Check out the link in my signature

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1511825 wrote: HOW is it Tuesday and back to work ALREADY?

I haven't had time to read back much but I'm glad to see everyone winning the battle against the Beast!

I had a good little vacation...BUT, got home and found out my nephew had a party while I was gone. Opened up the trashcan and saw 60 or so empty Bud Light cans staring at me. Many of you know my 20 year old nephew has lived with me for about a year now...but this is it. I told him to be out by July 1st. I'm a bit heartbroken over it...I wanted it to turn out differently....:upset:

No word on the job yet....the government certainly doesn't HURRY!
                            Hey K9,

I'm very sorry about your nephew. Such a heartbreak. Still, it may just turn out differently yet. Nothing like The School of Hard Knocks to help a person grow up. Believe me, I know...

I hope that you hear soon on your job. I have been on several interviews so I know how nerve-wracking it can be!! Best of luck to you!! :huggy

Yes, many are winning the battle against the Beast. :coolbubble: Many thanks for your encouragement and support!!

The man pulling radishes
                            pointed the way
                            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone!! Day 9 for me, heading to work, not sleeping well but I'm not hungover woot woot!!
                              Have fantastic days/ nights everyone co

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks kuya! I'll try this site out.
                                I've sworn off sugars and fruits for the past three days. I am on a anti candida deit. So thanks for the article. I read it my days leading up to this decision.

Comment

Working...
                                X