Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Morning,

K9, how annoying about your nephew! Hope you get good news on the job very soon, waiting is torture!

Dottie, hope you are feeling better. You'll start feeling much better soon. Read, post & reach out. Lots of snacking & anything that would distract me helped too.

Welcome to everybody new! You have made such a great choice to stop drinking. AL doesn't help anything.

Peaceful, sober day to all,
    Cocoflo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, just wondering - did the three people with you know that you don't drink - had you had dinner with them before and not had alcohol? Just curious. Isn't it odd that drinking alcohol is the norm? I know at one time in my life I would have looked at you like you had two heads.:H Well, the road has certainly turned for us, hasn't it?

Wishing everyone in the Nest a great AF day. Feeling like I've reached that "Acceptance" level that Byrdie often refers to...........and VERY thankful!!

Dottie, hope you were able to ride out that craving.

xx,
      UN:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day one is over! YEAH! Thanks to all for making me feel welcome. I even took my son to dinner last night and only had water. It is so nice to wake up with a clear head. I have gone 6 weeks in the past and a little less here and there so I know If I stay connected it will be a great help. I thik staying busy after 4:00 will be imortant. It's so easy to be mad at myself in the morning and as the day progresses it is so easy to forget about the night before. I am 50 years old and would like to live my life AF.
        DW

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good late morning Nesters

Glad to see the website back up - couldn't get on this morning!

Dottie, how did you do last night? Do you find your hypno CDs? I loved them & used them every single night for a year or more

DW, congrats for getting thru day 1 - the hardest day of all!
          I started this journney at age 55 & haven't had a single regret.

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a wonderful AF Wednesday!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great job, DW!! You're right - it's so easy to convince ourselves each night that we deserve a drink or that we don't really have a problem, or that it's just too darn hard! This is the place to get support for healthy decisions. Well Done - onwards and upwards!
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Derek;1512029 wrote: Dottie,
              You can do this!
              I'm joining you on day three! Lets get to 4. I need you to help me make it to tomorrow.
              Hi Derek, How are you today? Need help with anything? :hiya:
              Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
              pointed the way
              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guitarista;1512019 wrote: Passing some FRESH brand new (and not recycled) butt Velcro to Dottie and Pauly!
                Well worth the additional expense, Mr G. I'm certain that our accountants will agree!! :thumbysup:

The man pulling radishes
                pointed the way
                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well this is day 3 for me and so far so good. Not easy but what a great feeling to get into bed at the end of the day having made it through. Hang in there Derek and Dottie, and well done Daily Wine.
                  I can beat this.
                  Today is the day I start.
                  1st September 2015.

Comment

Newbies Nest

detox

has anyone tried to the detox by cutting back?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon all,
                      Well I survived last night...thanks to all who chatted with me..
                      Day 4 and still rough but better than yesterday...
                      We were grocery shopping and dh asked me if I wanted wine..I said NO and he did not ask why...
                      so far so good on that...
                      Dottie
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Tess, I feel like tonight's going to be a hard one. I was left alone and got off work early.
                        Recipe for disaster.
                        I have a steak on the counter salad in the fridge and no reason to leave my af home.
                        I want to keep it that way.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey dottie,well we made it to day 4, as i said this feels shittier than usual! but think about it we made it through memorial day one of the biggest drinking days of the summer! thats something to be proud of for sure,try drinking lots of ice water it helped me last nite and its helping today,and sheesh lets not put ourselves through this b.s again! hugs to you,keep strong
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

you too derek!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fat fella;1512340 wrote: Well this is day 3 for me and so far so good. Not easy but what a great feeling to get into bed at the end of the day having made it through. Hang in there Derek and Dottie, and well done Daily Wine.
                              Way to go, Fat fella!!

I find waking in the morning to the realization that I did NOT drink the day before to be one of the best and sweetest feelings. It is a quiet joy that I cherish every single day.

I don't know if you really are fat. I certainly was. I was huge to the point that my health began to fail. Getting sober has been the key to restoring my health. I still have a long way to go, but it feels great to be on the way.

Congrats on AF Day 3!! That is no small feat. You can be extremely proud of yourself. :good:

The man pulling radishes
                              pointed the way
                              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

congrats to all! I heard day 3 is a tough one so great job fat man. I know staying busy is one of the best things we can do to help with the cravings. Only 8 more days of school for my son and then the homework stress will be over which will help too. I can't wait to check in tomorrow and be on day 3.
                                DW

Comment

Working...
                                X