Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

ladyjane65;1512350 wrote: has anyone tried to the detox by cutting back?
    Hi ladyjane65 - and welcome!! :welcome:

I tried to detox by cutting back about a hundred times. It seemed like a logical approach but it didn't work for me. Once I take a drink, something changes in my brain. Then I easily justify a second drink. Once I've downed the second drink, it's all over except for the crying. I am not able to stop drinking at that point.

Tell us a little more about yourself. How can we help?
    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
    pointed the way
    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Derek;1512414 wrote: Thanks Tess, I feel like tonight's going to be a hard one. I was left alone and got off work early.
      Recipe for disaster.
      I have a steak on the counter salad in the fridge and no reason to leave my af home.
      I want to keep it that way.
      Hey Derek,

Tonight is not likely to be any more difficult that the previous nights. Picture in your mind a relaxing evening. And then create a relaxing evening. You feel alone. Okay. But you are not alone. A whole bunch of Nesters are in your corner who are here to cheer you on.

At the start of sobriety, it helped me to drink a lot of beverages that were alcohol free. Water satisfies some folks, but I wanted "fun" drinks to fill the void of a bottle in the hand. Those fab beverages were a sort of treat. Your steak and salad sound yummy. For me, I tried to s-l-o-w down and enjoy food for a change. When I was drunk, I just gulped food down. My mind was always on getting more alcohol.

Do you have a favorite book or movie or TV show or music or magazine? You don't want to leave your AF home. That's cool. I didn't want to leave home either in the early days. I totally get that.

You know what? You may just surprise yourself. Tonight may be your easiest AF night so far. ~

The man pulling radishes
      pointed the way
      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Derek;1512414 wrote: Thanks Tess, I feel like tonight's going to be a hard one. I was left alone and got off work early.
        Recipe for disaster.
        I have a steak on the counter salad in the fridge and no reason to leave my af home.
        I want to keep it that way.
        Derek you sound like you're already setting yourself up to fail. Quit the stinkin' thinkin'! Go back to the park and walk briskly. Do something to change your thinking. Keep yourself busy until bedtime. You will wake up tomorrow filled with regret if you drink tonight. You can do this.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats to Pauly and Dottie and anyone else who made it through Day 3. Tis the worst day indeed.

Comment

Newbies Nest

A very good morning to all from Oz.

Think positive and just do your best. We can get those first few days over and done with and start living and not just existing.

Day 18. Bring it on.

Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey paulywogg...Wootwoot for us!!!!
              dottie
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks everyone! My mind was in a dumb place.
                I am going for a walk in the park.

I needed a head check. I was heading downhill

Flyaway, you nailed it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1512446 wrote: Hey paulywogg...Wootwoot for us!!!!
                  dottie
                  Hey Dottie and Pauly, Way to go!! Awesome work!! :heart::heart: You are makin' us proud!!

The man pulling radishes
                  pointed the way
                  with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Derek;1512450 wrote: Thanks everyone! My mind was in a dumb place.

Flyaway, you nailed it.

See what I mean, Derek? You've got Team MWO on your side!! It takes a Village to get sober -- and
                    a Nest!! :chick:

The man pulling radishes
                    pointed the way
                    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Derek;1512450 wrote: Thanks everyone! My mind was in a dumb place.

Flyaway, you nailed it.
                      Good stuff Derek.

Do what you have to do friend. :goodjob:

Keep it going Dottie and Pauly!

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1512065 wrote: Full day here....back at the hotel after having dinner with customer and his wife and my boss. They all drank and I had water with lemon. Not a word was said about it. Catching up in the nest, great to see the new faces and some old ones, too! Settle on in! We've got plenty of room! So glad to see everyone supporting each other, THAT'S the strength of this place! Nighty nite! Byrdie
                        Dear Byrdie,

I'm thinking of you, girl. I know that you are amazing and strong. Still, my heart is with you. My sweetest thoughts are protecting you (if that were possible!!), and All Nesters are grateful for you.

I wish I had something funny to say to make you laugh -- the way that you make me laugh. But humor is not what I am good at. If you had a boo-boo I'd be good at giving love and care. That's about it. That's about all that I know how to do.

Know that wherever you are, hotel or home, my care is with you. ~

The man pulling radishes
                        pointed the way
                        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick landing in the nest!
                          101 days! I am doing it! The obsession has lifted and is no longer breathing down my neck every day. I get cravings, sometimes brutal. But I have come to a point where I k ow they pass and I never regret not giving in.
                          I am truly thankful for all of the support here by so many people. We lift eachother up and we are a family!
                          Day 1 again 11/5/19
                          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations to all ...... There is so much positivity here. :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie;1512480 wrote: Quick landing in the nest!
                              101 days! I am doing it! The obsession has lifted and is no longer breathing down my neck every day. I get cravings, sometimes brutal. But I have come to a point where I k ow they pass and I never regret not giving in.
                              I am truly thankful for all of the support here by so many people. We lift eachother up and we are a family!
                              Great job Nursie!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Keep positive Derek!! You have such a sense of achievement when you can say no to a drink (or at least I do!) Day 11 for me and its getting easier, even when I walk past bars on the way home and see people having a drink and a laugh............... the laughter went out of drinking a long time ago for me, it was more like I had to focus on drinking and ensuring I was drinking enough to get drunk!
                                AF days are the best, I'm smiling, people have even noticed I'm looking better and OMG it the best feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Happy Thursday people XO

Comment

Working...
                                X