Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

kuya;1512486 wrote: Congratulations to all ...... There is so much positivity here. :h
    Hey kuya,

Good to hear from you. Yes, there are a lot of positive vibes in The Nest.

I just received a call back for a second interview. I'm very surprised. Anyway, next interview is not until June 7, as hiring manager is on vacation. So, we shall see...

Hope things are well in your corner of the world. ~
    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
    pointed the way
    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Did I walk in the park, watched the birds play, watched they'd the greens grow
      I can do it like nature

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1512503 wrote: Hey kuya,

Good to hear from you. Yes, there are a lot of positive vibes in The Nest.

I just received a call back for a second interview. I'm very surprised. Anyway, next interview is not until June 7, as hiring manager is on vacation. So, we shall see...

Hope things are well in your corner of the world. ~
        Congrats and the best of luck to you Tess. All well with me. Battling the nicotine demon ATM but feeling relaxed and happy about life.

It is lovely to see so many doing so well here......as you say it takes a village. I also think when there are so many one can find another person with whom to relate and the feeling of ' if they can do it, I can ' prevails.

For me the battle against the habit of drinking is over. I keep my connection to the forum to prevent complacency and self delusion, as well as to hearten those in their early days that it is not too hard or too long a task.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have to give credit to flyaway for getting me back in my head fast!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Derek;1512506 wrote: I have to give credit to flyaway for getting me back in my head fast!
            Sometimes the smallest nudge is all we need to stop the downward spiral of 'stinking thinking'.

The battle can be too hard alone, no matter how strong we think we are.

But you still had to have the humility to trust and listen.....so well done Derek :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Derek;1512506 wrote: I have to give credit to flyaway for getting me back in my head fast!
              This is very much a battle of the mind Derek. You are in a way playing chess against yourself. Your alcoholic brain will try every trick it can to get you to drink again. Your challenge is to outsmart it. Changing up your routine; walking in the park until the craving passes is one way. But this is your battle and you have to find your own way. Give yourself credit here. You won the battle tonight. Each time you do your sober self gets stronger.

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1512505 wrote: Congrats and the best of luck to you Tess. All well with me. Battling the nicotine demon ATM but feeling relaxed and happy about life.

It is lovely to see so many doing so well here......as you say it takes a village. I also think when there are so many one can find another person with whom to relate and the feeling of ' if they can do it, I can ' prevails.

For me the battle against the habit of drinking is over. I keep my connection to the forum to prevent complacency and self delusion, as well as to hearten those in their early days that it is not too hard or too long a task.
                Dear kuya,

I am fortunate (and just damn lucky) that I did not start a dance with the nicotine demon. If I had, I am certain that nicotine and I would be wrestling to the ground. Not sure who would win. I am happy that you are relaxed and that all is well.

You know, if I had not been able to quit drinking alcohol I sincerely doubt that I would have been able to graduate. I may have been able to graduate, but I would have been in no shape to join the workforce. Actually, I dislike the word: "workforce." Anyway, I can't see how I would have been able to do anything other than hide in my closet and drink if I had not found a way to achieve sobriety.

So... I am grateful. Well, really beyond grateful. I now must prevent complacency and self delusion, as you say. Self delusion is such a trap. It's only in community that I am encouraged to be honest with myself and others. While in my closet, it was easy to be completely and hopelessly lost.

Thanks, as always, for your support. ~

The man pulling radishes
                pointed the way
                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Wow, on the topic of learning to trust ourselves.....
                  that was a tough one for me. It's hard work, it absolutely is but it's not impossible. Breaking free of these damn addictions requires a complete overhaul of our thinking systems

Congrats to everyone having an AF day. You will never regret this, I promise!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

good night everyone check in tomorrow

Not a good day. No drink just not good.
                    JDG
                    Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

JackDanielsGirl;1512519 wrote: good night everyone check in tomorrow

JDG
                      I don't know what's going on with you, but this is something that Cinders said earlier today that is so true:

Life goes on no matter how irritating it is, whether we are sober or drinking. The difference is, if we continue drinking, we cannot deal with life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

JackDanielsGirl;1512519 wrote: good night everyone check in tomorrow

JDG
                        JDG(previous), Tomorrow will be better. If Byrdie were able to be here she would assure you that there are no two bad days in a row. Stay close and keep us posted. We care about you a whole big bunch!! :heartsnflowers:

The man pulling radishes
                        pointed the way
                        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

JDG -:l
                          Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Puppy had a bad reaction to her puppy shots today...threw up food and was shaking...took her to the gal we adopted her from and she gave her a shot and some fluids...she is sleeping on my lap with a little blankie over her..poor little puppy...
                            Much to do tomorrow again...need to visit my dad and run some errands..how did I do this and work too????
                            Drinking lots and lots of water tonight...ate a better dinner and I feel better....day 4 almost behind me..WooHoo
                            Dottie
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coming in to the close of Day 2. Last night I had a very hard time falling asleep (no doubt because "going to bed" has usually meant "passing out") and then had anxiety-filled dreams and kept constantly waking up. Finally after four hours I gave up and got up and worked. Of course then I crashed so I took a nap, and dreamed that I started to drink a margarita, but broke the glass and cut my finger and tongue ...

Around 5:00 when my usual low-blood-sugar/witching hour rolled around, I looked in my fridge for some soda or juice and found a bottle of elderflower soda I'd bought in order to try and forgotten about. It's delicious! And a perfect substitute for my wine-or-margarita craving.

Then I thought I'd treat myself to a veg-out in front of the tube so I got some pizza and ice cream and watched "Behind the Candelabra" (the Liberace biopic). Now I'm drinking water and about to watch the last Mad Men episode on my computer, because when I started watching the Mad Men mini-marathon on Sunday I started drinking at the same time and passed out before it got to the new episode!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job Nessie. My sleep was erratic for a couple weeks at first and my eating was crap. But I took the crap eating over the booze. It's worth the exchange. The drinking dreams are freaky, but fortunately they don't last too long. Just do whatever you have to do to get through these first few days. It will get easier in a few.

Comment

Working...
                                X